M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
so bro ngbc u mean we need to have 100 above speed to achieve more smoother ?

No lah, I meant if he's on same speed plan with better HW yet not having smooth play on HIGH setting, then HG256 could be the problem.

Also, M1 have 2 range of IP assigned to consumers (AFAIK) 175.156.x.x & 103.1.x.x (implemented since Jul 2013), and routing path for the former seemed to be better...

Last edited:

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
No lah, I meant if he's on same speed plan with better HW yet not having smooth play on HIGH setting, then HG256 could be the problem.

Also, M1 have 2 range of IP assigned to consumers (AFAIK) 175.156.x.x & 103.1.x.x (implemented since Jul 2013), and routing path for the former seemed to be better...

103.1.x.x -- better?
but we cant change the ip to i guessing

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
twitch works for me in the past till like 1 or 2 months ago, it started lagging. Nth changed before that.
thinking of investing in a asus router.heard its good

Did you check your WAN ip?
Before Jul, mine was 175.156.x.x, everything was good whether to china or us site, but after being assigned 103.1.x.x, terrible speed to china site and degress speed to us site...

Last edited:

randos

Reaction score
Before Jul, mine was 175.156.x.x, everything was good whether to china or us site, but after being assigned 103.1.x.x, terrible speed to china site and degrees speed to us site...

My Wan ip did not change. I'm still on 175.156.x.x

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
My Wan ip did not change. I'm still on 175.156.x.x

In that case, borrow a Asus router to confirm first...but should be better because it's gigabit & have HW NAT, but you'll need to use M1-Preset.

Last edited:

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
im on 175. too
but on 25mb plan ahha
maybe this is reason i lag ?

hahhaah
but i got good equipments like cat6 and giga router

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
Before Jul, mine was 175.156.x.x, everything was good whether to china or us site, but after being assigned 103.1.x.x, terrible speed to china site and degrees speed to us site...

u only got m1?

genetic_ares

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am wondering if anyone could advise me on how to setup my asus AC66U router.

Now my PC is connected straight to the ONT i could connect to internet.

But when i try to plug my router's WAN port to the ONT's port 1 provided by M1 and my PC cable to my router's port1.
I got brought to 192.168.1.1 on my browser.

i select DCHP and set special requirement by ISP to M1.
however i got brought to the next screen
to key in host name(optional) and MAC address(optional). i left it blank.

the next page was DNS server page, i tried selecting automatic or or keying in the DNS server 202.65.242.46 and 202.65.242.50.

But the page still show unable to connect to internet. i have tried and restarted the devices alot of times already, but cant get the router up :(

Loirev

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am wondering if anyone could advise me on how to setup my asus AC66U router.

Now my PC is connected straight to the ONT i could connect to internet.

But when i try to plug my router's WAN port to the ONT's port 1 provided by M1 and my PC cable to my router's port1.
I got brought to 192.168.1.1 on my browser.

i select DCHP and set special requirement by ISP to M1.
however i got brought to the next screen
to key in host name(optional) and MAC address(optional). i left it blank.

the next page was DNS server page, i tried selecting automatic or or keying in the DNS server 202.65.242.46 and 202.65.242.50.

But the page still show unable to connect to internet. i have tried and restarted the devices alot of times already, but cant get the router up :(

Set ISP to none.
Set DNS to auto.
make sure you use strong password for the router and wireless.
Set Wireless to WPA2/AES
reboot ONT, and router, and laptop. ONT first.

genetic_ares

Reaction score
Set ISP to none.
Set DNS to auto.
make sure you use strong password for the router and wireless.
Set Wireless to WPA2/AES
reboot ONT, and router, and laptop. ONT first.

yeah up and running alrdy, thanks for the advice.
previous attempts i on ont, router, pc together. never wait for ont to stabilise.

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today i recontract my 100mpbs to 200mbps plan at 39$

the guy gave me the N56U, then told me got two appointments, one for the wall outlet another for the ONT

previously i was using the ONT+RG, both Huawei. So i tried the N56U with the ONT, but the N56U router can't connect to the internet zzzz... so muz i wait for the 2 appointments liao then can start using the N56U router?

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score

the guy gave me the N56U, then told me got two appointments, one for the wall outlet another for the ONT

previously i was using the ONT+RG, both Huawei. So i tried the N56U with the ONT, but the N56U router can't connect to the internet zzzz... so muz i wait for the 2 appointments liao then can start using the N56U router?

You can refer to post #7002 for the steps to get it working.

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score

your speed got boosted to 200mb?
testing using wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.