M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That time is 300mbps is lowest, only during IT Show they brought up 500mbps for a short period of time. I think m1 want to target those who don't want such high speeds too. If I'm not wrong, they have a 100mbps plan for low income families.
The IMDA Fibre Broadband scheme (NEU PC Plus and Home Access) all already have upgraded to 300Mbps for new and recontracting customers. Prices also went up too, but still much lower than $29/mth.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tmr will revert back to $29 for 300mbps... tiagong
Not surprised. 21st anniversary promo ends today.

It has been more than 2 years now M1 hasn't increased the speed of broadband for the lowest price. It is high time already that they make 500mbps as the permanent and price it at $29.

M1 1Gbps Fibre @ $39/mth has been here for even longer, and show no signs of price change at all. Only had like $37/mth (with router) once over the past 3 years+, but was just a 4 days affair.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and it's gone. 500mbps M1 anniversary promo plan is gone. Now back to 300mbps.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tested with MR internet too, haven't unsub yet. Same router different ont. MR is 20ms while m1 is 70ms.

Will do a test later in the evening on a weekday see how it goes.

Try switch off your ONT and router for 3 minutes then switch on ONT and then 1 minutes later switch on router and then restart your com to see how it is.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, hopefully M1 re-run the 500 Mbps promotion and free upgrade from 1Gbps to 2Gbps at $39 again. Many people will rush for M1.

Chiong all the way. Oh wait, its only for people who's contract just nice going to end

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who have wifi dead spot at home, Linksys just launched a cheap version velop, mesh router, should be a good entry point to join the mesh fun.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who have wifi dead spot at home, Linksys just launched a cheap version velop, mesh router, should be a good entry point to join the mesh fun.
But can the mesh nodes be linked to my Asus router and use a common SSID?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New sign up also chiong all the way and those who want to jump from VQ to M1 2 Gbps plan.
Nooo... M1 is getting too populated liao. My experience with m1 speeds is different from my initial switch over to m1 (3yrs ago).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.