M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Ooo.. I can use my spare router. Need not buy another 1. My main concern is I’m not interested to fix another router as the fix point there is closes and router will get hot easily and if always stay on, it will affect the performance too.

Checking to see if anyone even try to use lan 2 before or ask M1 to open it.

That ONT does not have any switching or routing functions so there is no point asking M1 to do something technically impossible for the ONT.

Imo most decent routers should not overheat.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
That ONT does not have any switching or routing functions so there is no point asking M1 to do something technically impossible for the ONT.

Imo most decent routers should not overheat.

Oo ok thanks. Then I will use another router

dmitro

Reaction score
M1 youtube nonstop problems

Hello,
Last ~two months i almost every day see this when accessing youtube. Im sure this problem on M1 youtube caching servers. Unfortunately M1 monkeys completely dont care.

monosnap.com/file/yUIzb8TvDxS6IWSRScWQHo3Ie0IY06.png

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Hello,
Last ~two months i almost every day see this when accessing youtube. Im sure this problem on M1 youtube caching servers. Unfortunately M1 monkeys completely dont care.

monosnap.com/file/yUIzb8TvDxS6IWSRScWQHo3Ie0IY06.png

Its been a very long time since I last saw that error and i access YouTube daily.
My guess it there is something wrong at your end.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
The Linksys router is a gimmick. There is no such thing called a gaming router. As for mesh, if you can run ethernet in your house, it will be much faster and more reliable then any wireless mesh. Wireless mesh is only a stop gap solution for no ethernet thrunking in your house.

Are u sure wireless mesh is a stop gap? Do you know what speeds you can get on a high end mesh like Orbi? Do u have mesh at home?

It's very. Very different from wireless repeaters

squarepipe

Reaction score
Are u sure wireless mesh is a stop gap? Do you know what speeds you can get on a high end mesh like Orbi? Do u have mesh at home?

It's very. Very different from wireless repeaters

Not in my own house but my mom's house use 3 hardwired unifi AC lites to cover 3 floors of her house. From the attic to the front yard iperf test shows 400-600Mbps speed every where in the house.

2nd in my mom aunt house she has 2 unifi HD AP. One for her house and one to cover here gardern. Also everywhere speed test goes from 700-900Mbps (yes WiFi) granted both of them live in remote area in Indonesia. In Singapore with WiFi overload in HDB flats I would be more inclined to use wired APs instead of mesh to reduce interference.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not in my own house but my mom's house use 3 hardwired unifi AC lites to cover 3 floors of her house. From the attic to the front yard iperf test shows 400-600Mbps speed every where in the house.

2nd in my mom aunt house she has 2 unifi HD AP. One for her house and one to cover here gardern. Also everywhere speed test goes from 700-900Mbps (yes WiFi) granted both of them live in remote area in Indonesia. In Singapore with WiFi overload in HDB flats I would be more inclined to use wired APs instead of mesh to reduce interference.

Most people use mobile devices so wired connection may not be possible.

kornyken

Reaction score
Hi all,

The last time I posted here, I was getting about 50mbps down and 300mbps up on a 1gbps subscription. LAN connections is fine getting >950mbps both down and up.

I was using web speed test and got that result, but when I use ookla app on laptop, I managed to get 350down and up wireless.

I then change my wifi card from AC3165 to AC8260 and got both >300mbps own and up using web AND app.

I believe AC8260 can reach up to 867mbps so I may get about >700mbps but I'm not getting that. Is the limit now with my ASUS RT AC1200G+?

bovi77

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing M1 throttling download speed from file hosters? I am getting 1MB/s download recently. I VPN-ed out and the download speed resume at max speed. Off the VPN and back to throttled speed.

any resolution?

hk7310

Reaction score
Hi all,

The last time I posted here, I was getting about 50mbps down and 300mbps up on a 1gbps subscription. LAN connections is fine getting >950mbps both down and up.

I was using web speed test and got that result, but when I use ookla app on laptop, I managed to get 350down and up wireless.

I then change my wifi card from AC3165 to AC8260 and got both >300mbps own and up using web AND app.

I believe AC8260 can reach up to 867mbps so I may get about >700mbps but I'm not getting that. Is the limit now with my ASUS RT AC1200G+?

I owned an Intel AC8260 wireless adaptor, as you, I am able to reach 480 - 500Mbps with Linksys EA7500, on 5GHz, line of sight 3 meter away with M1 500Mbps subscription.

I believe you may get the speed or even better speed than me, if your router's wifi be able to support, with less interference environment surrounded. Worth a try, come back with a good result!

squarepipe

Reaction score
I owned an Intel AC8260 wireless adaptor, as you, I am able to reach 480 - 500Mbps with Linksys EA7500, on 5GHz, line of sight 3 meter away with M1 500Mbps subscription.

I believe you may get the speed or even better speed than me, if your router's wifi be able to support, with less interference environment surrounded. Worth a try, come back with a good result!

Use a DFS capable access point to get the speed. I have the same WiFi card and a unifi AC lite access point. I get up to 600Mbps

Last edited:

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,
thinking to switch to M1 fibre for the 500mbps but it doesnt come with a wireless router. Look thru carousell and saw alot selling the Asus RT-AC1200G+ and also a Linksys - EA7500

May I know which is a better wireless router?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.