M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

rajeev3001

Reaction score
i'm on $29 500mbps
starhub offer was when i renew my cable tv, they want mkt share

if starhub want more market share, easiest way for them is to fix their website. currently it's so confusing and customers can't directly find info about prices and plans compared to singtel/m1.
they have designed the website with a modern look but it definitely doesn't serve the purpose of providing info to customers in a straightforward manner.

rajeev3001

Reaction score
Called m1 and they said they don't do transfer of ownership sigh

i think what m1 users usually do to transfer is just change the address and then get the whole remaining months payment from the new user. anyway don't think it's an easy task.

Aresden

Reaction score
was offered 12 mths free netflix and tvb for recontract over phone by m1 sales when i told them i was offered 24 mths free fiber by starhub

so good? 12 months free netflix subscription just for recontracting?
I only managed to get my downgrade fees waived, wasted...

eting72

Reaction score
so good? 12 months free netflix subscription just for recontracting?
I only managed to get my downgrade fees waived, wasted...

was just asked for recon in the beginning but after i told her abt starhub's offering, she threw in the bait

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
After using M1 500Mbps fibre for 2 weeks (was using Singtel 500Mbps and still active as have not terminate), can really tell the difference when surfing China (taobao etc) and UK websites. It is quite a bit slower than Singtel (even when I use my phone with Singtel 4G and tether).

Usual websites like Youtube, instagram, facebook and other US websites still fine.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Now in a dilemma whether to cancel the Singtel or retain it and transfer one of them to my new house a few months later.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using M1 500Mbps fibre for 2 weeks (was using Singtel 500Mbps and still active as have not terminate), can really tell the difference when surfing China (taobao etc) and UK websites. It is quite a bit slower than Singtel (even when I use my phone with Singtel 4G and tether).

Usual websites like Youtube, instagram, facebook and other US websites still fine.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Now in a dilemma whether to cancel the Singtel or retain it and transfer one of them to my new house a few months later.

Slower than Singtel, i do not think so. I suggest you restart your devices as some ip may be not so good. You using ipv6 too?

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Slower than Singtel, i do not think so. I suggest you restart your devices as some ip may be not so good. You using ipv6 too?

I use a timer to restart the ONT every Sunday morning.

I have been surfing these websites for many years using Singtel.

So for the past 2 weeks using M1, I can tell the difference. :(

Not using IPv6.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I use a timer to restart the ONT every Sunday morning.

I have been surfing these websites for many years using Singtel.

So for the past 2 weeks using M1, I can tell the difference. :(

Not using IPv6.
Some websites will have better latency under ipv6. Maybe change your DNS resolver as well?

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
free for one month on top of the free trial = 2 months foc

bnr_reg_netflix.ashx

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.