M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

preakshox

Master Member
Reaction score
curious, if i terminate my contract, can I sell my router and modem?
seems like don't need to return.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
curious, if i terminate my contract, can I sell my router and modem?
seems like don't need to return.

Yes, no need to return if contract is over / terminate contract. But if terminate contract need to pay the contract remaining months. Or your contract is over?

the modem would be useless. only the router.

The router would be near useless as well since almost anything else you can buy off the shelf is better than it. Don't think anyone would buy unless sell at very low price.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Some websites will have better latency under ipv6. Maybe change your DNS resolver as well?

Tried to set 8.8.8.8 as DNS on my wireless router.

Speed to my usual websites still slow (test by clearing cache and accessing the websites). It just does not fully load as fast as Singtel.

IPv6 how to activate ah? Need to inform M1 right? But from what I read, IPv6 like no difference in normal surfing leh.

dryteletubby

Reaction score

Speed to my usual websites still slow (test by clearing cache and accessing the websites). It just does not fully load as fast as Singtel.

IPv6 how to activate ah? Need to inform M1 right? But from what I read, IPv6 like no difference in normal surfing leh.
M1 comes with ipv4/ipv6 dual stack. Just enable ipv6 on your router.

Personally I can get half the latency to hurricane electric CDN via ipv6

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
M1 comes with ipv4/ipv6 dual stack. Just enable ipv6 on your router.

Personally I can get half the latency to hurricane electric CDN via ipv6

OK, thanks, bro. Will give it a try again tonight.

But I have a feeling will be the same...:o

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You clear browser cache or SSD or HDD cache? M1 no issue at all.
May be you should do a disk clean up on your SSD or HDD to clear the cache and history and temperary internet file.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, no need to return if contract is over / terminate contract. But if terminate contract need to pay the contract remaining months. Or your contract is over?

The router would be near useless as well since almost anything else you can buy off the shelf is better than it. Don't think anyone would buy unless sell at very low price.

Can always re-use the router just like me. I re-use my AC88U.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score

Can always re-use the router just like me. I re-use my AC88U.

Mistakenly thought it was the Singtel wireless router. Forgot this is M1 thread. Pls ignore. :s13:

yeowboon

Reaction score
Hi all M1 users,

I know this question have been asked many times here before, but jus a quick one, the 1gbps $39.99 for M1, what is the model of the ASUS router?

Thanks in advance!

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all M1 users,

I know this question have been asked many times here before, but jus a quick one, the 1gbps $39.99 for M1, what is the model of the ASUS router?

Thanks in advance!

ASUS RT-AC1200G+ if no changes...

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
i using qbittorrent

How to limit the speed?

Seems like crashing all my other devices when i start to turn on my torrent. :s11::s11::s11:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
i using qbittorrent

How to limit the speed?

Seems like crashing all my other devices when i start to turn on my torrent. :s11::s11::s11:
It's your router's routing table being overwhelmed. Under torrent settings go limit the amount of connections per torrent instead.

This mostly happens with consumer grade routers with low amounts of ram. If you want to seed torrents like no tomorrow get a business or enterprise grade router.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all M1 users,

Thanks in advance!

1Gbps plan is $39 only and 500Mbps is $29 only. If you already have an existing router that can work, you can just get 500Mbps plan as no way a small family can fully utilize the bandwidth. Any way some wireless router quite cheap. Just put the router some where high on a tall selve for better wifi coverage.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.