M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which android Tv box are you referring to? Many Tv boxes after 3 to 6 mths the app stop responding and no update at all.
AC Ryan product is not cheap.
And not much support too.
Having one but no update .. nothing.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AC Ryan product is not cheap.
And not much support too.
Having one but no update .. nothing.
Surprise to know that AC Ryan also play out like the rest of the android tv box. Luckily i did not buy it.

siegeholler

Reaction score
hmm sounds like not worth it to get the ac ryan box from m1..
looking for a way to stream epl...lol

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm sounds like not worth it to get the ac ryan box from m1..
looking for a way to stream epl...lol
Before getting these type of products it is best to check out spec and support.
AC Ryan is based on old Android version Lollipop.
As US based product there may have no way to stream & use "others websites & apps" not legal.
Whereas other makes do cater for.
Then look at the support which primary is US based content providers.
Might as well go for ISP TV set top box, with smooth streaming guarantee.

Currently Starhub do offer this Set Top box for non Starhub customers for streaming, including Sports channels.
For Singtel i am sure they may do offer such similar services.

M1 do not have video streaming, so this is like an alternative to both Singtel & Starhub.
They have to offer such products to counter against competitors.

Bought an AC Ryan video recorders for $300 some years ago.
It is a pain to do recording as no support in term on schedule.
No updates and no info whatsoever.
Harddisk is a 3.5" 2TB.
Hence stop using it as like pain in asss to manual record.
Took out the HDD to use instead.

Anyway don't read too much on "good" reviewer as most will say "how great" this product they reviewed as product is free and keep coming.
Just read how much these reviewers & bloggers earning, as even fully sponsor by several Brands to fully fund their activities, including expensive & high class marriage dinner, which their guest have fork out a lot of ang pow money thinking to help lighten the couple expenses. The reaction when they know the whole true.
Hence there are things we have to bare in mind.

Last edited:

rlhj23

Reaction score
Jumped ship from Viewqwest to M1 1 Gbps.

I am using the AC3200 now but couldn't reject the 1200G+ router. I can sell this right? I don't need to return after 2 years?

Saw on carousel everybody selling so cheap. If M1 can just take it and give some discounts it would be so nice

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am using the AC3200 now but couldn't reject the 1200G+ router. I can sell this right? I don't need to return after 2 years?

Saw on carousel everybody selling so cheap. If M1 can just take it and give some discounts it would be so nice
During sign up, you can upgrade that AC1200G+ router to a better one with some top up price. ASUS router wifi coverage ok and has security feature.

Last edited:

weelit

Reaction score
I am from woodlands dr14 using m1 500mbps fibre, experience huge package lost every 5-10 sec these few days. Anyone face the same problem?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am from woodlands dr14 using m1 500mbps fibre, experience huge package lost every 5-10 sec these few days. Anyone face the same problem?

just tried pinging a few overseas sites, response looks ok. could it be yr router?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can sell, don’t need to return deh.

There was once that M1 split, but was only for a few days during the major roadshow event. Never see the split anymore since.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

Wah, the package how big? How many kg? Sounds like singpost problem more than m1 leh :p

#troll

MicceL

Reaction score
My 4 room flat mbr lan point speed is slower that other rooms.. is it normal? My mbr is furthest to the router at the db box area.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 room flat mbr lan point speed is slower that other rooms.. is it normal? My mbr is furthest to the router at the db box area.
Distance has no side effect to connection speed.
In fact my wiring using Cat-5E is fine and good as i add an AP Router in my room with excellent speed.
Ever used a 20 meters cat5e cable had no issue.
Ensure it is good cable of at least Cat5e.
What is the speedtest which have to measure on various timing and set default server to your isp.
Your problem may be due to who had done the cabling for you.
If not by isp or network cable guy, then this might be the problem.
As someone had this weird speedtest result where one room speed was far low than the others.
Redo by the same unknown contractor and end up the room with issue is good but other room speedtest is not.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How much slower is the question? I feel there is bound to be a difference the further you are, but it should not be significantly different, and could be due to other reasons. For example for my dad's place, the LAN point that we converted (previously phone point) is running at about 500 to 600 Mbps from the 1 Gbps plan. So I am thinking it could be the quality of the cable at that particular point, i.e. may have deteriorated, etc.

hongge

Reaction score

My mbr lan point also slower and restricted to 100mbps on my 500mbps fibre. Asked a freelancer to help me check and end up is the rj45 head spoilt as 1 of the cable did not terminate properly..redo the rj45 head then run at max speed alrdy.

poring24

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check, if i sign new plan and connect the new modem/ONT to my old router, will i need to do any configuration on my old router? will the internet access work automatically as per normal once plugged in to new modem?

cos m1 is coming in when i'm not at home.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
just to check, if i sign new plan and connect the new modem/ONT to my old router, will i need to do any configuration on my old router? will the internet access work automatically as per normal once plugged in to new modem?

cos m1 is coming in when i'm not at home.

Previously your old router is use at which provider?And what is the model?

poring24

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also m1. existing subscription under my dad but new plan signed under mine

its a asus AC68U

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.