HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Most recommended WiFi Mesh to expand WiFi coverage?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

Was thinking of AirTies actually. I understand not all mesh devices work the same way, apparently some are not "genuine" mesh and uses other technology but the manufacturer tries to pass them off as mesh.

After reading HWZ reviews, seems both Linkysys Velop & Airties have similar pros & cons. But main difference of course is Airties is cheaper lah.

Also I noticed the review said the best is to use the mesh nodes together with a powerful router. Wouldn't that result in 2 different SSIDs? I assume the router has its own SSID and so does the primary mesh node?
Good question, powerful router also means added cost, may as well get 2 ASUS AP (RT-AC1200G+ maybe) and enable the Roaming Assistant feature.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #32

I just bought the Velop over the weekend since there was a promotion ($599 instead of the usual $749). Setting up was a breeze, totally no hiccups and everything went smooth like butter. I was using Asus RT-AC68U previously but always lose connection in certain rooms. After using Velop 3-pack, the connection was very good throughout my place. Very satisfied with the purchase. Highly recommended.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
iCubes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #33

Airties 4920

I am on the Singtel 300Mbps plan. I was using the Aztech Power Plug, achieving at best 35mbps and averaging 20mbps. After switching to Airties (2 nodes at $10 per month), speed increases to between 65mbps to 95mbps download. Considering my old laptop wireless adapter/g mode, it's doing quite well.

In conclusion, it's worth the deal.

You may get Singtel technician to get it set up and test the speed without obligation.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Henry Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #34
Master Member

I am on the Singtel 300Mbps plan. I was using the Aztech Power Plug, achieving at best 35mbps and averaging 20mbps. After switching to Airties (2 nodes at $10 per month), speed increases to between 65mbps to 95mbps download. Considering my old laptop wireless adapter/g mode, it's doing quite well.

In conclusion, it's worth the deal.

You may get Singtel technician to get it set up and test the speed without obligation.
For your use case with 802.11G wireless adapter, it is a bit overkilled on the 2 airties mesh . I think you are using better than 802.11G standard which is locked to 54MBps max .

Anyway sometimes convenient and stability are far more important than spec figures

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT
HMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 05:45 AM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

For your use case with 802.11G wireless adapter, it is a bit overkilled on the 2 airties mesh . I think you are using better than 802.11G standard which is locked to 54MBps max .

Anyway sometimes convenient and stability are far more important than spec figures

Why you dug out old threads?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #36
Master Member

Why not ?

HMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.