MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just hope that the responsive customer service will prolong and not just before and during IT Show.

hey bro...yeah i dint came in for quite sometime liao and was surprise to see Johnny post. i see u r still helping many bro here and many thanks to u and pp like u helping us with little IT knowledge

TechZSG

Reaction score
You can submit your request to myservice@myrepublic.com.sg stating your NRIC, Customer ID and registering email!
Thanks.

I'm going to give VQ a try (200mbit no contract plan). So I'll email MR and inform them of the FTO.

If VQ just isn't good in real world usage for me personally, I'll just cancel it, get my deposit back, eat the 133$ charge an move back to MR.

Gotta sacrifice the IT show promos for this, but that's how its got to be!

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey bro...yeah i dint came in for quite sometime liao and was surprise to see Johnny post. i see u r still helping many bro here and many thanks to u and pp like u helping us with little IT knowledge

You are welcome.

I am just helping out as a user with my limited knowledge. :)

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw MR having some crazy promotion at the fair just now. o.o.

free keyboard for first 50...then 6months free for some auction sales.

arthurkwan

Reaction score
Johnny, I am now on MR 100Mbps plan. How can I recontract to the 300 or 1Gbps? Same offer as new sign up? The recontract link is now missing on the MR webpage.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

ntec66

Reaction score
I just hope that the responsive customer service will prolong and not just before and during IT Show.

It has been quite long almost a year since the 1Gbps launch, I don't know now but your line suggest their service only recently improved?

Hopefully it holds up till one of my bro get his 2 months free trial scheduled in early April which is amazingly early given what happened last year.

blitzio

Reaction score
Hey Johnnny and team, what's your response to this?

Posted by VQ on their Facebook page:

We see curious cats from MyRepublic checking out our 2Gbps.
Imitation is the best form of flattery.
Beware of counterfeits.

Shots fired eh?

11083669_10153246960392845_7833006483156178380_n.jpg

ntec66

Reaction score
Hi, what is the typical download speed and latency of 1Gbps plan for local and international sites? Any readings similar to what M1 has here?

Thanks !

All the bigger ISPs have these typical speed reports because IDA requires it but not sure why the smaller ones are excused.

blizzaro3

Reaction score
How long does it take to get the Static IP up and ready if I would apply for the add-on online?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just heard the promoter on the loudspeaker around MR booth, "Can anyone tell me what's the speed of MR's latest speed plan? 1G-BYTES-ps. That's right!!"

Lmao :s13:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just heard the promoter on the loudspeaker around MR booth, "Can anyone tell me what's the speed of MR's latest speed plan? 1G-BYTES-ps. That's right!!"

Lmao :s13:

You went to ask them on how to terminate? Lol...

saha-med

Reaction score
I am currently on M1 fibre BB. If i choose to sign up for the 1gbps trial, will it disrupt my M1 fibre?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It has been quite long almost a year since the 1Gbps launch, I don't know now but your line suggest their service only recently improved?

Hopefully it holds up till one of my bro get his 2 months free trial scheduled in early April which is amazingly early given what happened last year.

If you are referring to forum support, then yes. I noticed Johnnny is back in action just before IT Show 2015.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure if they'll disappear after.

No idea.

Note that VQ staff also mentioned that forum support is not their official channel for support.

It still falls back to either phone or email for any official support request.

Last edited:

Johnnny

Reaction score
Hey Johnnny and team, what's your response to this?

Posted by VQ on their Facebook page:

We see curious cats from MyRepublic checking out our 2Gbps.
Imitation is the best form of flattery.
Beware of counterfeits.

Shots fired eh?

It's cool we're taking the high road :) No harm done anyways!

How long does it take to get the Static IP up and ready if I would apply for the add-on online?

You can request via email! myservice@myrepublic.com.sg and requests take 5 working days :)

I am currently on M1 fibre BB. If i choose to sign up for the 1gbps trial, will it disrupt my M1 fibre?

If you have a 2nd port available, we can use that and it won't disrupt your first line. However all 2nd ports in Singapore are not connected, so you need to wait for NLT to wire it up.

We'll try not to! My goodness it's midnight and I'm still working. I only get paid normal office hours >< anyway gonna sleep now! Thanks for all the assist everyone!

Last edited:

saha-med

Reaction score
If you have a 2nd port available, we can use that and it won't disrupt your first line. However all 2nd ports in Singapore are not connected, so you need to wait for NLT to wire it up.

Does that mean they will pull another wire from outside the house into the ONT box?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You went to ask them on how to terminate? Lol...

End up duwan kisiao them lol. Anw, below is why I'm no longer staying with MR when contract ends next month; no certainty for the power-user-oriented customer support especially with all the old birds gone

If you are referring to forum support, then yes. I noticed Johnnny is back in action just before IT Show 2015.

We provide custom routing for Gamer subscribers only :(

If it's an ITV optimizing request, it depends on traffic. Unfortunately not many SG users are on NTV.mx to justify us modifying the route. It might create unnecessary attention with ID/MDA and block access.

Our Freedom VPN team has managed to do some optimization for NTV.MX so for those trying to stream sports do give it a try and give us your feedback

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We'll try not to! My goodness it's midnight and I'm still working. I only get paid normal office hours >< anyway gonna sleep now! Thanks for all the assist everyone!

Good sir, thank you for being here to help and provide support for fellow users. most if not all of us here certainly appreciate.

PS. past midnight? :s8: u should check out Sineoji homeplug support. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.