MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

punkster

Reaction score
Yes, m1 is another consideration but I was thinking new company may tend to give better speed and service (like how MR was initially)

I didn’t realized browser makes a diff, I’ll try it again tonight. Thanks for that!

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, m1 is another consideration but I was thinking new company may tend to give better speed and service (like how MR was initially)

I didn’t realized browser makes a diff, I’ll try it again tonight. Thanks for that!

You can ask in their threads first before you consider to jump over.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using chrome or firefox, install addon "Tampermonkey"
then go to openuserjs.org and search + install any baidu script that does what you want. the most popular one does the job. you're good to go.

load the page and choose the plugin option instead of the default one and generate the URL. paste it in you manager. tada
This add-on can only use on bai du?

Sent from Everytime I See You, My ❤ Skip A Beat /\/\/\_____/\/\/ using GAGT

GreenArrow2002

Reaction score
Wi-Fi Hub

The default router is very unreliable especially when watching oversea channels. I have to perform a router reset very often when the connection is slow to a crawl or network problem message appears.

Should I change to a better router? My former Singtel router is much better in term of performance.

Anyone facing the same problem in using this router?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The default router is very unreliable especially when watching oversea channels. I have to perform a router reset very often when the connection is slow to a crawl or network problem message appears.

Should I change to a better router? My former Singtel router is much better in term of performance.

Anyone facing the same problem in using this router?
bud, u keep saying default router, but u never mention which brand and model. the bundled router is different during different period of signups i think.

i asked what kinda of connection you are connecting to, wired or wireless? u also never answer.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Can i set myrepublic wifi Halo router as access point?

I was thinking of getting Asus RT AC-88u as a main router and setting the halo router as A.P. Is it possible?

bekyuubi

Reaction score
mhvl3q.jpg

Help! After windows 10 bloody updated without my consent, I realized my download speed has gone down like crazy. When I checked the speed test, it turned out like this. WTF :(

Anyone knows what's wrong?

Edit: Never mind, I went to download my hardware drivers and it went back to desired speed. F&*# Microsoft.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their birthday month promo wuhua boh ? 49/month w 6 months free.

New Customer
$49.99 x 18 months + $32.10 (one-time service activation fee) = $931.92 or $38.83/month

I am not sure if the one-time service activation fee is applicable for both new and re-contracting MR customers or just new customers.

Re-contracting MR Customer (Assume one-time service activation fee is not applicable for re-contracting MR customer)
$49.99 x 18 months = $899.82 or $37.49/month

Last edited:

xist3nce

Reaction score
Anyone having issues? ONT optical light been red for hours. Called hotline and earliest technician is available on Tuesday.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea something is down on my side. Still red light, guess have to wait till tuesday

Usually red light mean connection broken between FTP and ONT.
Try to unplug and re-insert the fibre cord between FTP and ONT by holding the green end to pull and push in firmly, no force.

Chances is that the fibre cord may be damaged.
If by doing remove & re-insert the fibre cord is still show red light on LOC indicator.
Go IT accessories shop to buy this fibre cord and ensure it is for your ISP.
Replace this fibre cord would be better to solve this problem.

Vaynard

Reaction score
Need advice please

Hi guys, my contract with MR almost up. Was thinking if I should recontract. All the way MR didn't meet my expectations for ultra 1 GB with a repeater at home, but satisfactory. I stay in Sengkang, is this a good ISP in the area?

Another question is, is the MR Halo worth the bucks? I am currently on Asus RT-AC56U.

Thanks for help.

Little_orc

Reaction score
hi All,

My ViewQwest contract ended in another month, just have a thought whether want to cont recontract with them or try MyRepublic.

So far Viewqwest service no issue or surprise. Price wise about the same as MR if I opt annual payment.
2Gb - $58 no free gift,
1Gb - 37.5 Free Netgear AC1200 Smart WiFi Router R6220.

Appreciate any suggestion here:)

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.