MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

BuaySaiHippo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just had my MR installation yesterday on Ultra 1Gbps plan with the Asus RT-AX3000 WIFI Router.

Just did a speedtest and got a result as below;
Rdd7jFi.jpg

Something not right?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently connected to the 2.4Ghz network and right infront of the router using my laptop.

Which setting in particular? Maybe i can share some screenshots here.

The speed is too slow right?
erratic speedtest results from a wireless connection can result from multiple settings of your devices.

maybe can show screenshots of your router's wireless setting page?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently connected to the 2.4Ghz network and right infront of the router using my laptop.

Which setting in particular? Maybe i can share some screenshots here.

The speed is too slow right?

2.4 that is very fast le .... almost max speed already. Use 5ghz la :s13:

You’re so close to it just use 5ghz or rather as much as possible just use 5ghz. Your laptop don’t support 5ghz? You try Speedtest on your phone you try. Should get several hundreds mbps.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something to take note guys, for both router and devices,

WiFi 4 , 2.4 and 5.0 GHz
WiFi 5 , 5.0 GHz only
WiFi 6 , 2.4 and 5.0 GHz

deathblade82

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just had my MR installation yesterday on Ultra 1Gbps plan with the Asus RT-AX3000 WIFI Router.

Just did a speedtest and got a result as below;
Rdd7jFi.jpg

Something not right?

Are you testing over Wifi ? If over wire, please check your cable up to the ONT. All be at least Cat 5e and above getting a 1Gbps connection rate.

Please test to MR speedtest server and select "Multi" at the 'Connections'.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His problem is because he’s using 2.4ghz. Lol. You can’t really go above 100mbps for 2.4ghz. :o
errr..

kwpFAXF.png

i did a search and got this

802.11b - 11 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11a - 54 Mbps (5 GHz)
802.11g - 54 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers
802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
errr..

kwpFAXF.png

i did a search and got this

802.11b - 11 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11a - 54 Mbps (5 GHz)
802.11g - 54 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers
802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput

This is 2.4ghz? Really fast lol, I’ve not seen this fast speed so far :s13:

All those you listed all are theoretical speeds, of course I know that specifications.

In actual usage, 2.4ghz can’t go so high speed.
That’s why 5ghz came in, to support higher throughput.

BuaySaiHippo

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you testing over Wifi ? If over wire, please check your cable up to the ONT. All be at least Cat 5e and above getting a 1Gbps connection rate.

Please test to MR speedtest server and select "Multi" at the 'Connections'.
OK. I did a speedtest again as per you mentioned, to MR server, Multi-connection and on 5Ghz wifi.

Below are the results;
hpNDVQv.jpg

All good?

Gotta try wired connection next.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. I did a speedtest again as per you mentioned, to MR server, Multi-connection and on 5Ghz wifi.

Below are the results;
hpNDVQv.jpg

All good?

Gotta try wired connection next.

Looks decent but a bit slow, can be better. I hit average 700-900mbps on ax3000.
Sorry if I’ve missed out. What device are you testing on? How many wifi streams does your device support?

I give you example. I got the ax3000 for testing the other day. If I connect to my 3x3 wifi ac adaptor connected on my desktop, I get around 500-600mbps wirelessly. But if I connect to my iPhone 11 Pro Max, I hit around 900mbps wirelessly. It depends on the receiver as well, that will impact your actual throughput! Hope it helps! ;)

b51ITXc.jpg

For your reference on Asus ax router on myrepublic network.

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea 2.4 on mobile phone.
I’m sure u know ur specifications.. I’m just replying according to wat u post mah. Lol

No problem you opened my eyes, Thanks for sharing! I’m so sian of 2.4ghz that I’m only using 5ghz exclusively at home, my 5ghz can fully saturate the house hahaha. Thanks bro! :)

I was right, the user was using 2.4ghz. That’s why his speed so Low. The 5ghz performance is better but still waiting for him to give more info.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im planning to sign up MyRepublic 1Gbps no router plan for my BTO.
Not sure how BTO networking setup will be.. i heard need to do conversion phone port to lan port? I preferred to connect my pc to a wire ethernet cable. Correct me if im wrong...

Apart from that, can anyone recommend me what router (wifi 6) should I buy if i intend to sign up that plan?
Will MyRepublic provide any device? Modem? Ont? Etc? Since this is a no router plan... not sure about it.. like what do i need to buy aside from router?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Not sure how BTO networking setup will be.. i heard need to do conversion phone port to lan port? I preferred to connect my pc to a wire ethernet cable. Correct me if im wrong...

Apart from that, can anyone recommend me what router (wifi 6) should I buy if i intend to sign up that plan?
Will MyRepublic provide any device? Modem? Ont? Etc? Since this is a no router plan... not sure about it.. like what do i need to buy aside from router?

BTO no need conversion, data point all will do I think.

Asus wifi 6 routers. Like AX88.
No need buy anything other than lan cables and router/APs.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For BTO, it should have some data points but have the check their location.

MR will provide the ONT.

Wi-Fi 6 router is faster theoretically but it may not be able to cover the whole household is not placed at a central location.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is common for pple to think that the latest most exp equipments will get u the fastest speed.

but one need to take a step back and think.
do i need? will all my current devices support?
does all my current devices have the ability to handle the bandwidth?

sometimes you do not need the top end devices to have a good experiences.
just 2 cents

Lawzer

Reaction score
it is common for pple to think that the latest most exp equipments will get u the fastest speed.

but one need to take a step back and think.
do i need? will all my current devices support?
does all my current devices have the ability to handle the bandwidth?

sometimes you do not need the top end devices to have a good experiences.
just 2 cents

Personally, i look at coverage more than speed. my view is what equipment i need to cover whole house and be able to do about 40mbps over wifi anywhere.

and i hate wires. so i opted with more mesh nodes. Never been happier.

*maybe because older already, younger i always look at pure speed. cable up everything.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, i look at coverage more than speed. my view is what equipment i need to cover whole house and be able to do about 40mbps over wifi anywhere.

and i hate wires. so i opted with more mesh nodes. Never been happier.

*maybe because older already, younger i always look at pure speed. cable up everything.

i mean you get high local speed but when it go out into international spd, all same same also

Having mesh definitely look nicer cuz less wire or no wire :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.