HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree374Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #4546
Supremacy Member

i using pc play online games wor so will need 1 lan in my study ... i tried plugging in my wife laptop to the main deco unit connected to the wall ... but i think the speed sux ... cant use deco as switch
As i had mentioned you may consider to add a router after ONT so that all rooms with data points do have internet access.

FTP - ONT - Router - data points in db box -- rooms data points -- Deco | laptop | devices.

There is a review on this > Deco M5 Review
Do checkout his review on the external link available.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #4547
Supremacy Member

any fellow users experiencing network crawling today?!
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #4548
Supremacy Member

Not really but mainly HWZ.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #4549
Supremacy Member

Not really but mainly HWZ.
zzz almost everything crawling for me.. am connecting via VPN which surprisingly is faster ..
Old 26-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #4550

zzz almost everything crawling for me.. am connecting via VPN which surprisingly is faster ..
DNS issue?
-Grift- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #4551
Supremacy Member

DNS issue?
was on cloudfare, switched back to MR's own dns.. no luck
Old 26-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #4552

Yup, even basic web surfing speeds are crawling on MyRepublic.

Not sure what is the issue. Did anyone inform them yet?
creator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #4553

Yea it's super bad today, I was using Cloudflare DNS on PC too, but don't think it's due to that, phone on wifi had some bad connections on certain apps/sites too.
raylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #4554

Hi guys, is router or an access point better in term of performance when both is on same benchmark ac2600 ? I just bought a D-link DAP 1860 AC2600 wifi extender as this device can be connected to the modem and act as an access point. Currently my service provider is MyRepublic and 1Gbps Ultra plan, going to add-on another 1Gpbs pot so that I can add one more router or access point in my bedroom, as mentioned I bought the dap1860 for extending the wifi from the current MyRepublic Halo router but the speed was not satisfying. While waiting the activation for my add-on, I知 considering to replace the DAP1860 if router performs better speed and stability under same AC. Please share your knowledge with me as I知 new to this network thing. Thank you so much. Peace
Joewyf0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #4555

Hi guys, is router or an access point better in term of performance when both is on same benchmark ac2600 ? I just bought a D-link DAP 1860 AC2600 wifi extender as this device can be connected to the modem and act as an access point. Currently my service provider is MyRepublic and 1Gbps Ultra plan, going to add-on another 1Gpbs pot so that I can add one more router or access point in my bedroom, as mentioned I bought the dap1860 for extending the wifi from the current MyRepublic Halo router but the speed was not satisfying. While waiting the activation for my add-on, I’m considering to replace the DAP1860 if router performs better speed and stability under same AC. Please share your knowledge with me as I’m new to this network thing. Thank you so much. Peace
Don't use 2 internet connections in the same house unless you have a specific need like web hosting etc. Just run a ethernet cable from your 1st router to your bedroom and put a 2nd access point there.
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #4556

Don't use 2 internet connections in the same house unless you have a specific need like web hosting etc. Just run a ethernet cable from your 1st router to your bedroom and put a 2nd access point there.
Thanks for your reply, I had tried but the speed seems like still the same by doing this, if run a ethernet cable from the router to the DAP1860, is the wifi performance and strength base on the 1st router ? Or base on the access point which is located inside my room? PS : the 1st router is in living room, and whole unit have 9 devices which do internet surfing, video and gaming. I知 annoyed by all the laggin when I知 gaming that痴 why trying to find a way to have my own personal connection
Old 26-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #4557
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, is router or an access point better in term of performance when both is on same benchmark ac2600 ? I just bought a D-link DAP 1860 AC2600 wifi extender as this device can be connected to the modem and act as an access point. Currently my service provider is MyRepublic and 1Gbps Ultra plan, going to add-on another 1Gpbs pot so that I can add one more router or access point in my bedroom, as mentioned I bought the dap1860 for extending the wifi from the current MyRepublic Halo router but the speed was not satisfying. While waiting the activation for my add-on, I知 considering to replace the DAP1860 if router performs better speed and stability under same AC. Please share your knowledge with me as I知 new to this network thing. Thank you so much. Peace
The router we all use at home is essentially a wireless access point. Performance would of course depend on the class of the router and also its hardware.

Ideally you should have a ethernet port in your bedroom for which you can connect the DAP 1860 to it and act as a wireless access point in your bedroom. If the wireless connection provided by the device covers beyond your bedroom and to other areas you deem necessary, you can always see if you can disable the wireless function on your halo router.
Lehnsherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #4558

The router we all use at home is essentially a wireless access point. Performance would of course depend on the class of the router and also its hardware.

Ideally you should have a ethernet port in your bedroom for which you can connect the DAP 1860 to it and act as a wireless access point in your bedroom. If the wireless connection provided by the device covers beyond your bedroom and to other areas you deem necessary, you can always see if you can disable the wireless function on your halo router.
Thanks for your reply, the reason why I知 doing this add on is because I want to have my private personal connection, I don稚 want to share with others because the rest of the device will cause me very lag when I知 gaming. Ps: (Total of 9 devices including ipad iphonex desktop macbook are used by others for video streaming, gaming and etc)
Old 26-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #4559
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your reply, I had tried but the speed seems like still the same by doing this, if run a ethernet cable from the router to the DAP1860, is the wifi performance and strength base on the 1st router ? Or base on the access point which is located inside my room? PS : the 1st router is in living room, and whole unit have 9 devices which do internet surfing, video and gaming. I知 annoyed by all the laggin when I知 gaming that痴 why trying to find a way to have my own personal connection
Wireless access point performance will be based on the the router yes. It is essentially turning one of the LAN ports on your router into a wireless one. So it will not surpass the speed you get when you connect to your router via a wired connection.

Sounds like you need a better router
Lehnsherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #4560

Yea it's super bad today, I was using Cloudflare DNS on PC too, but don't think it's due to that, phone on wifi had some bad connections on certain apps/sites too.
speeds seem to be back to normal, give it a try guys!
raylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.