MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Frankly, this is not gg to look good for MR. Esp when i am just a trial user at the moment, who will think that i will be willing to part with my monies to them when my trial ends....

Now contemplating SH liao :(

Just go VQ la.. U go sh also have to tahan a lot of **** worse than MR..

VQ for nearly 3 years after sh and St and Mr, until now no regret

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you do a screen shot of your network adapter details. you can blank out your Ip v4 address.

Here you go.
1zvy7x3.jpg

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have been the ethernet cable.
Current set up is

ONT ---> Router via cable 1
Router ---> PC via cable 2.

If either one of the cable were faulty, it would have quite obvious during the testing done while the PC was connected directly to the ont.

Unless you are suggesting that both cable were faulty at the same time.
I find the likelihood of having 2 cable fail on me at the same time far less likely then MR having screwed up somewhere on their end seeing how I am not the only person on this forum having persistently low speeds on their 1gbps plan.

I do not have fluctuating speed issue.
What I have is a obvious bottlenecking/throttling issue on MR side.
Because regardless of the time/day at any given time the speed i can achieve is a ridiculous 85+mpbs out of a supposedly 1gbps theoretical maximum.

I work from home so I can do the testing at any given time of the day.
While stability of service is more important to me than raw speed. I certainly did not sign up to pay $60+ to get $5+ service every month.

I presumed you have already tested with direct connection from ONT with cable 1 and 2 and both give you the same result at around 85+ Mbps?

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this Mr Johnnny also run road from this thread liao. Never came in today

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, still waiting for his reply. Looks like take more than a week for him to talk to his managing director.

maybe the director just told him to entertain us with lie. anything is possible. how long does the engineer need to clear the router for the misconfig? :vijayadmin:

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
renewed contract from 150mbps gamer to 300mbps now and all is smooth, including twitch.tv at source. ;)

Binaries

Reaction score
renewed contract from 150mbps gamer to 300mbps now and all is smooth, including twitch.tv at source. ;)

How long would your luck go, I don't know but lets hope you'll have the 'best' experience ever.

Hi all,

Regarding the region performance issues/ Twitch, I've not met the NOC engineer today for updates, he's on-site and did not come to the office :( I'll drop him a text and will post here if I get more info!

If anyone else has questions or requests, PM me! I try to check HWZ daily >< and yes I'm limited to office hours. Sorry if I'm not online on weekends!

Sometimes you guys just have to do 1 good thing and give another 10 to offset it away.. If you're gonna start playing with words, I promise you I will pick and quote every words out and make you eat it back and maybe singlish works better to communicate with you MR guys.

1) Engineer not in office. GIVE HIM A DAMN CALL TO CHASE FOR UPDATES LA.. Do you need us to teach you that? Do you guys even realize the severity of the problem? I am not settling for any due payment till you guys fixed the problem or we can all play the dragging game, you drag I drag. Fair enough

2) "Anyone else got problems" to PM YOU? What's the damn use if your reply comes suka suka, sometimes reply sometimes not and the longest you take to reply is 4-5 days? You might ask us to send you a snail mail to your office then you reply back to us with another mail? Even that takes faster than what you guys are doing right now. You guys don't have the basic decency to post a daily update to the on-going problem?

3) Weekends not working.. We give you that. Monday just went by and you guys are still playing the roti prata man. Flipping here and there just to get by.. Testing our patience much?

I think this supposed Social Media Team is bullocks.

Last edited:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bo liao so i changed to Cat6 cable + new armor fiber cable and guess what? same ****!

ONT
4321654152.png

Router
4321652190.png

Say wan to send down techie till now never send. Backend engineer sleeping on the job is it?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Those on trial still not as bad as those on contract leh. Trial want to leave can leave without paying any penalty.

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you update your Network adapter to the latest version and check if any MSI software can modify the Network adapter settings?

No offense, as I'm sure you are just trying to help. But as I mentioned before, the speed limit/throttling is happening across the board regardless of device used. Updating the drivers for my network adapter on my PC alone isn't gonna help.

fw6pna.jpg

Look at the graph showing the download speed.
It peaked 1-2 secs after the test began and drop down to a constant speed which has barely any fluctuation. I am not even close to saturating my theoretical max bandwidth even during the first 1-2sec but somehow my connection is throttled down almost instantly. :s22:

Last edited:

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my myrepublic billing has always been $38.88 but this month it's $59. Does anyone know why?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the standard non-contract price for the lowest-end plan is actually $59?

I don't see any more $38.88 plans in their website. Is this plan gone already?

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the standard non-contract price for the lowest-end plan is actually $59?

I don't see any more $38.88 plans in their website. Is this plan gone already?

Call them and ask better. MR support in this thread is non-existence

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.