MyRepublic launches Static IPv4 add-ons. Free subscription for first 200 customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawzer

Reaction score
MyRepublic launches Static IPV4 add-ons for their fibre broadband services

Visit: Add-Ons | MyRepublic - Pure Freedom

MyRepublic is Singapore's Bold New Consumer focused Fibre Broadband Provider. We have soft launched in December 2011 and we are about to have our official launch on Feb 16 2012. Our speciality is building user experience oriented Fibre Broadband Plans. Whether you are a Gamer, a parent who needs elearning products for their kids or just want pure great internet we have you covered:

See: MyRepublic - Pure Freedom

So far we have to thank the HWZ community for constantly giving us feedback to improve our service offering and product offering. As a result we are proud to have now a Static IP (IPv4) addon for all our GAMER TUTOR and PURE plans.

We have tried to make Static IP affordable eventhough it's a scarce resource, so we are happy to have our plan available for just $40/mth. Do note: There will be an one time installation fee of $50. (All prices inclusive of GST) The IPv4 address will go live at end March.

Also as a special thanks to our founding customers and also HWZ community:
please see below for a special promotion:

Sign up for our Static-IP add-on and for the first 200 customers we are waiving all Static-IP subscription charges for as long as you are a MyRepublic Customer.

Call us at: +65 6877 6966 to pre order today. Reminder, only first 200 for the promotion.

Terms & Conditions

1. Installation charge of SGD 50.00 applicable for every Static IP add-on sign up.
  2. Cancellation charge of SGD 50.00 applicable for all MyRepublic residential customer cancellations of Static IP add-on package.
  3. Customer must be an existing or new residential customer of MyRepublic Pte Ltd.
  4. Cancellation charge of Static IP add-on is applicable upon termination of MyRepublic customer account.
  5. Other terms and conditions apply. Refer to General Terms & Conditions | MyRepublic - Pure Freedom for full details.
  6. Static IP add-on comes with one IPv4 address assigned to customer account.
  7. Only 1 Static IP add-on is available per address for each customer who has signed up for PURE, GAMER or TUTOR.

Update

As of 04/03/2012

Hi all,

Just a note, the IP static promo has been well recieved and a number of people have mentioned that they are still wanting to wait for our IT show promo before signing up, but have signaled that they are worried about missing the Static IP promo.

We hence decided we will extend the Promo for another 200 sign ups. This should last us through the IT show or at least the first couple of days when we announce our Promos later on monday. Feel free to email me your queries at lawrence@myrepublic.com.sg

Lawrence

Last edited:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MyRepublic launches Static IPV4 add-ons for their fibre broadband services

Visit: Add-Ons | MyRepublic - Pure Freedom

MyRepublic is Singapore's Bold New Consumer focused Fibre Broadband Provider. We have soft launched in December 2011 and we are about to have our official launch on Feb 16 2012. Our speciality is building user experience oriented Fibre Broadband Plans. Whether you are a Gamer, a parent who needs elearning products for their kids or just want pure great internet we have you covered:

See: MyRepublic - Pure Freedom

So far we have to thank the HWZ community for constantly giving us feedback to improve our service offering and product offering. As a result we are proud to have now a Static IP (IPv4) addon for all our GAMER TUTOR and PURE plans.

We have tried to make Static IP affordable eventhough it's a scarce resource, so we are happy to have our plan available for just $40/mth. Do note: There will be an one time installation fee of $50. (All prices inclusive of GST) The IPv4 address will go live at end March.

Also as a special thanks to our founding customers and also HWZ community:
please see below for a special promotion:

Sign up for our Static-IP add-on and for the first 200 customers we are waiving all Static-IP subscription charges for as long as you are a MyRepublic Customer.

Call us at: +65 6877 6966 to pre order today. Reminder, only first 200 for the promotion.

Terms & Conditions

1. Installation charge of SGD 50.00 applicable for every Static IP add-on sign up.
  2. Cancellation charge of SGD 50.00 applicable for all MyRepublic residential customer cancellations of Static IP add-on package.
  3. Customer must be an existing residential customer of MyRepublic Pte Ltd.
  4. Cancellation charge of Static IP add-on is applicable upon termination of MyRepublic customer account.
  5. Other terms and conditions apply. Refer to General Terms & Conditions | MyRepublic - Pure Freedom for full details.
  6. Static IP add-on comes with one IPv4 address assigned to customer account.
  7. Only 1 Static IP add-on is available per address for each customer who has signed up for PURE, GAMER or TUTOR.

This is really the icing on the cake, which somewhat makes your cake taller than what red, orange and green can provide... ;)

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds good, but got $50 cancellation charge if jump ship later. $40 plan is what plan? see min. plan already $59. How's review and feedback from myrepublic connectivity?

benson_tan2001

Reaction score
but too bad my open net are still not ready at my new place or else i will sign up now. i am staying at blk211a compassvale lane.

Lawzer

Reaction score
sounds good, but got $50 cancellation charge if jump ship later. $40 plan is what plan? see min. plan already $59. How's review and feedback from myrepublic connectivity?

Hi touchme, the $40 a month is a fee on top any of our existing plans, wanted to make a option available for all or customers to ensure those that need a specialized static ip requirement have it.

misato

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gave the customer service a call to pickup this Add-on.
With a public IPv4 option, i can now be truly be satisfied as all my requirement has been met.

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gave the customer service a call to pickup this Add-on.
With a public IPv4 option, i can now be truly be satisfied as all my requirement has been met.
yeah bro.. this is good for you..

i was browsing their website this morning.

even if its not free, at $40 add on a month, its very good.

misato

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah bro.. this is good for you..

i was browsing their website this morning.

even if its not free, at $40 add on a month, its very good.
Static IP is always good. So far MR has been stable, no down time encountered yet.

PS: long time no see each other... must find time meet for tea.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Static IP is always good. So far MR has been stable, no down time encountered yet.

PS: long time no see each other... must find time meet for tea.
Include me leh... Ages since last meet up.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi touchme, the $40 a month is a fee on top any of our existing plans, wanted to make a option available for all or customers to ensure those that need a specialized static ip requirement have it.

Do you mean if one go for e.g. PURE plan ($59/mth), one still have to top up an additional $40/mth which totals up to $99/mth?

misato

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Include me leh... Ages since last meet up.
Sure thing boss.

In order not to stray from the topic... missing is the information on how MR is going to provision the static IP. Will it be via Reserved DHCP type or manual configuration. Looking further ahead, will those on Static IP be automatically have a Static IPv6 (i dont think this might be a concern if any at all thou).

Lawzer

Reaction score
Do you mean if one go for e.g. PURE plan ($59/mth), one still have to top up an additional $40/mth which totals up to $99/mth?

Yeap that's correct. Or if you are on the first 200 promo, the $40/mth is waived.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap that's correct. Or if you are on the first 200 promo, the $40/mth is waived.

Thanks for your reply.

"Customer must be an existing residential customer of MyRepublic Pte Ltd."

Existing residential customer is considered based on the signed up date with MyRepublic or installation date?
Thanks.

Lawzer

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

"Customer must be an existing residential customer of MyRepublic Pte Ltd."

Existing residential customer is considered based on the signed up date with MyRepublic or installation date?
Thanks.

Sorry that is not worded well, new customers can sign up too. It just means you need to sign up to a plan.

As long as you sign up even today or tomorrow or whenever we have not had 200 customers grab it yet, anyone is eligible. Just that if you are not on MyRepublic Broadband plans, you have to come onboard, which is logical, but need to make sure it clear, thanks for the feedback.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry that is not worded well, new customers can sign up too. It just means you need to sign up to a plan.

As long as you sign up even today or tomorrow or whenever we have not had 200 customers grab it yet, anyone is eligible. Just that if you are not on MyRepublic Broadband plans, you have to come onboard, which is logical, but need to make sure it clear, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your explanation.

Another question: the installation charge of $50 is still applicable for the first 200 customers?

Last edited:

Lawzer

Reaction score
Thanks for your explanation.

Another question: the installation charge of $50 is still applicable for the first 200 customers?

Yes it is :)

The waiver is for the monthly subscription. The $50 is to cover our admin fee for our engineering team :) Figure I don't want to depress my chief engineer too much. Heh.

Lawrence
MyRepublic Launch Tomorrow! Stay tuned!

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Cancellation charge of Static IP add-on is applicable upon termination of MyRepublic customer account."

The above term & condition is pulling me away from the static IPv4 as it poses as a liability to me.

Rippsnake

Reaction score
Sounds cool.
Have already applied for it.

The $50 termination charge is not really an issue if you ask me, taking in the consideration of waiving off monthly $40 for the 200 customers.

lesliehan

Reaction score
I'm kinda new to Fiber but is there any additional charges like equipment rental fee etc? Too bad, the fiber for my area only starts in july, cant make it for the no contract promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.