HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Orbi RBK50 Wired Backhaul through a switch + Starhub Fiber TV

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #1

Orbi RBK50 Wired Backhaul through a switch + Starhub Fiber TV

Hi guys,

Need your help here. Was unable to find any posts with a similar setup as mine.

Is it possible to setup Orbi RBK50 wired backhaul in the following manner?

Starhub ->
ONT Port1 ->
Network Switch Port 1 -> RBK50 (Main)
Network Switch Port 2 -> RBK50 satellite
Network Switch Port 3 -> Fiber TV
TIA!

Last edited by prestige-; 14-09-2018 at 11:16 PM..
prestige- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Master Member

Hi guys,

Need your help here. Was unable to find any posts with a similar setup as mine.

Is it possible to setup Orbi RBK50 wired backhaul in the following manner?

Starhub ->
ONT Port1 ->
Switch Port 1 -> RBK50 (Main)
Switch Port 2 -> RBK50 satellite
Switch Port 3 -> Fiber TV
TIA!
Starhub ONT has no routing and only Port-1 for internet while Port 3 & 4 are null & void.

Not sure what is this Switch - is this refer to Data Points in the DB box.

For internet is on ONT Port-1 -> Router /Mesh -> Switch / Data points

For Fibre TV is on ONT Port-2 -> Data point -> Fibre TV Set top box.

Do note that Starhub Fibre IPTV cannot be route via Router &or Switch mix with internet access.
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #3

Starhub ONT has no routing and only Port-1 for internet while Port 3 & 4 are null & void.

Not sure what is this Switch - is this refer to Data Points in the DB box.

For internet is on ONT Port-1 -> Router /Mesh -> Switch / Data points

For Fibre TV is on ONT Port-2 -> Data point -> Fibre TV Set top box.

Do note that Starhub Fibre IPTV cannot be route via Router &or Switch mix with internet access.
Thanks bro. I was referring to a network switch. Possible for me to add a network switch between ONT and Orbi router, and the wired backhaul satellite connect to the switch as well?
Old 14-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #4

Thanks bro. I was referring to a network switch. Possible for me to add a network switch between ONT and Orbi router, and the wired backhaul satellite connect to the switch as well?
Ont -> router -> switch -> other devices/APs. Standard networking set up. Read some threads tat SH/ST iptv services preferably direct 2 ONT port 2, if wanna use 1 wire 4 both internet n iptv u need managed switches between the wire ends n set up vlan. I’m not familiar wif tat so hopefully someone else can advice u further.
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #5

Thanks bro, was actually hoping i can do Ont -> Network Switch -> Orbi Router, and Orbio Satelite connect to the Network Switch also for wired backhaul.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #6
Master Member

As i mentioned Starhub ONT has no routing feature and if connect to Network Switch the internet access connection will be active to the output on any 1 of the Switch ports.

Ont -> Network Switch -> Orbi Router, and Orbio Satelite connect to the Network Switch also for wired backhaul.
For this to work it may be possible by having a 2nd network switch at the Orbi Router to route back to the 1st switch.

Refer to diagram > Single LAN cable with Network trunk setup without loop back LAN wire to DB
But do note that this is for Singtel and may work on Starhub based on Router only.
Ignore the IPTV portion as Singtel IPTV is different from Starhub IPTV.

Do note that this set up consider that there is the data points at the 1st Network Switch for connection to other data points.

Fibre TV.
Again to mentioned that Starhub Fibre TV (IPTV Set Top box) connection from the ONT Port-2 have to be independent or separate from Internet/Router.

However there do have an option but would be a bit complicate as to require another switch.

Refer to > Starhub IPTV in Switched network - help
And refer to the diagram > https://i.imgur.com/0OlDSbg.jpg
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.