Process for switching ISP and moving house

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currently subscribing to VQ and when I move house I intend to switch to Starhub. I do not want a period where I have no access so what is the correct procedure?

I assume I should first inform VQ that I'm moving and to relocate my service wef whatever date. Then I can sign up with Starhub and tell them to start my service wef the same date.

Presumably Netlink Trust will need to do their provisioning and stuff so in the event Starhub service is unable to commence on that day, at least I still have my VQ. Is this the right way to do it?

For what its worth, its a resale flat and the existing owner already has a TP installed and I believe he is using Starhub too as I seem to recall seeing the Starhub fibre TV box in his room.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well for this I still think u should check with the ISP if the port 1 is it still blocked by the ISP or not. (Cos I just saw someone posted a similar thread.)

Next is that u ensure that the resale flat have starhub up 1st and once u are moving in u can use it immediately.

And as for the VQ. If u are still under contact, den u want to pay for the plenty for termination or just relocate it? If it's not , just terminate it den.(but what are the fees u may need to find out on your own ;))

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My VQ will have expired by then so i’ll be paying per month no contract.

I thought TP has 2 ports & thats how some ppl have 2 ISPs? Even if the port 1 at my new place is still blocked, cant they use port 2?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes they don't physically connect the 2nd port when they install the TP so you'll need to have netlink trust come down and connect the 2nd port.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Relocating your VQ to your new house and then terminating it there will incur additional costs.
Better to plan your SH ONT installation date around 1 or 2 weeks before you actually move in. If you want to port the home number over then you need at least 5 working days after ONT installation. Then once move over, just terminate VQ at your old house.
You might also want to check with the previous owner when they terminated their Starhub internet. Hopefully should be at least few weeks before you move in.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
You should sign up starhub for your new place and best is get the internet up 1-2 weeks before you move in actual dates since you do not want to move into your new apartment without internet.

Best is don't activate 1&2 port at one time. Say if your area is a new BTO high Chance fiber maybe limited and everyone is trying to get their fiber up and running so netlink will focus on port 1 activation first. (last time their KPI is for port 1. Not sure now)

Lastly if you get vq to activate your internet at your new apartment

1- there is a relocation fee
2- also can't confirm vq will disconnected old location and activate new location on the same day (thing might just happen)

3 years ago when I relocated my vq give me problem. Netlink say activated Liao. Vq say not activated and can't see my ONR. DING DONG DING DONG 1 WEEK plus than internet up. Then vq activate wrong plan for me 1gbps plan provision my internet as 500mbps. Again must call and kpkb

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you have decided on the start date, then sign-up at least 1 -2 weeks so as the appointment ONT installation date is confirmed.
As new sign-up would involved NetLink Trust (NLT) too, as base on their schedule timing.
Ensure you re-confirmed at least 1 -2 days before actual installation date as sometimes if delay the customer may not be informed.

It is best not to have 2 ISP or FTP done at the same time as it may confused NLT & ISP.
Relocation and new sign-up do not make any differences.
How NLT do their provisioning it is for them to decide as not for customers to know.
Unless if you do want to find out more, then you yourself have to email NLT on their procedure.
Even if the 1st FTP point is not available, NLT will use the 2nd point for incoming ISP, although the 1st point is the same ISP or not make no difference.

Even if you still wanted VQ to relocate, they may either asked you to recontract or pay the true cost of charges for non-contract customer.
Relocation is meant for customer with existing contract only, it seem.
Without contract is like paying the full cost of having FTP installation.

Do write in to ask both ISP &or NLT for better answers and confirmation.
If not hidden charges may apply.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.