Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How ish chiur Netgear gs108t wib meowTV?

haha installation on Wednesday. :s12:

been playing with it and figured out the interface, but will only know if it will work when I play with it over the weekend. *Crosses fingers*

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wakao, $75 extra for static? 150$ extra 1 time fee? got sla ah they all..zz :s22::s22:

however, their ipv6 does seem enticing, in few years time maybe..
ipv6 , if you interested can get from he.net

they give you ipv6 address but u must create your own 6to4 tunnel using cisco router for example or windows server, there's sample config already....

maybe there's more, the official term is call "tunnel broker" i think

voldermord

Reaction score
ipv6 , if you interested can get from he.net

they give you ipv6 address but u must create your own 6to4 tunnel using cisco router for example or windows server, there's sample config already....

maybe there's more, the official term is call "tunnel broker" i think

i really do not understand why they need to charge for ipv6, its basically "free and unlimited" and can cover so many "earths" in terms of ip allocation, unlike ipv4 where got high demand..

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPv4 already offically runs out on 1st day of CNY liao

yes, IPv6 is free, by using tunnel broker, there's extra overhead in the packets and latency

SI selling point i suppose is they can provide you native IPv6 connectivity ... last time singnet used to provide that tunnel for free, now the nearest free IPv6 tunnel broker is in HK from he.net

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha installation on Wednesday. :s12:

been playing with it and figured out the interface, but will only know if it will work when I play with it over the weekend. *Crosses fingers*
good luck, but i dun think you can throw the 2wire away for miotv.

i already tried all kinds of combo with cisco 877 and 3550, short of bringing 4000 series home...
anyway if you need to see the dhcp client params can refer here

Last edited:

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Netgear gs108t may or may not support mio TV service over fibre.Only 2wire 5012NV supports.Please call 1688 again to enquire about this

thank-you-notice2.jpg

Duh. I know that. Don't state the obvious-ness

His posts are always like this.

"may or may not support"
"may think you are on wireless or wired connection"

:s13::s13::s13::s13:
what are the types/options are there then ?

I think he must be thinking, let's list out all the possibilities first so that his post will make some sense.

Last edited:

room55

Reaction score
saffie730 - i'm really amazed by the replies that you give. don't know whether to laugh or cry or be angry *shrugs*

if you really know your stuff - think before you post.

saffie730

Banned
Reaction score
saffie730 - i'm really amazed by the replies that you give. don't know whether to laugh or cry or be angry *shrugs*

if you really know your stuff - think before you post.

Sorry for an wrong information for 2 posts that I gave.Thanks.

arpeggi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The issue of disconnection is due to firmware of the 2Wire. Earlier subscribers receive automatic flashing of firmware to later version which stops anymore disconnection. Its best to call Singnet Heldesk for assistance.

Can i do the update myself?

I may think your firmware is at Version 9.1.3.19 or 9.1.3.17 or 9.1.3.25.Please check your 2wire firmware and check you have mio TV or not.

How do i check what's mine firmware btw? And yes, I have mio TV.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.