HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel 1 Gbps Unlimited Fibre

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #766
Arch-Supremacy Member

After changing to AC Elite, I felt the network is much stable.
Not sure if my AC Plus is defect or not, because it always buffer when I tries to browse the social media.
Just to point out, my AC Plus on Wi-Fi is always less than 300Mb/s. This is my first time having more than 500Mb/s on Wi-Fi via AC Elite.

SingTel AC Plus Router w/ Cat. 7 Cable

SingTel AC Elite Router w/ Cat. 7 Cable

SingTel AC Elite Router w/ Wi-Fi
thanks for the review, even though not that much difference but at least elite does seems more like a better and maybe stable version
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #767

I redeemed the AC Elite in the end, already got AC Plus at home. Most people redeemed AC Plus. But I also saw a very selective few redeemed AC Elite.
Hi, may I know if you requested for the AC Elite, or was given, during redemption?
David Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #768
Supremacy Member

Hi, may I know if you requested for the AC Elite, or was given, during redemption?
Was given, cause the personnel who helped me with the re-contract knew I have AC Plus, so she gave me AC Elite instead.
David Lai likes this.
HZYiLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #769
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it brand new? Hahas..

Was given, cause the personnel who helped me with the re-contract knew I have AC Plus, so she gave me AC Elite instead.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #770
Supremacy Member

Is it brand new? Hahas..

Yup, I guess? Comes with the box.
HZYiLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #771

Just changed to AC Plus. Cannot hit more than 300mb on iPhone x wifi. Any advice?
slowchemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #772
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just changed to AC Plus. Cannot hit more than 300mb on iPhone x wifi. Any advice?
you'll need to check your wireless environment...

make sure there isn't any much interference..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #773

Anyone firmware upgraded on ac plus router? Singtel did a firmware upgrade on my ac plus......and miotv and ethernet started having issues.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #774
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone firmware upgraded on ac plus router? Singtel did a firmware upgrade on my ac plus......and miotv and ethernet started having issues.
Tried to restart your ONT and router. see if it works.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #775

Tried to restart your ONT and router. see if it works.
Tried more than 10 times. Not sure why a firmware upgrade can cause a deep impact. Went down to replace the router and also arrange technician to check at an appointment.

I used my old router and all works well. So definitely is the firmware.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #776

Tried more than 10 times. Not sure why a firmware upgrade can cause a deep impact. Went down to replace the router and also arrange technician to check at an appointment.

I used my old router and all works well. So definitely is the firmware.
Downgrade the firmware then?
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #777

Downgrade the firmware then?
The cso doesn't want to downgrade. Kept insisting that it's cable issue and I don't wanna argue further and she arrange a technician to come down.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #778

The cso doesn't want to downgrade. Kept insisting that it's cable issue and I don't wanna argue further and she arrange a technician to come down.
WTF?? They won't let you change firmware on your own router? So correct me if I am wrong, the SingTel router is controlled by SingTel themselves and you can't make changes to it without Singtel permission? In that case I would just buy my own router and Singtel can piss off even thinking of controlling my own equipment.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #779

WTF?? They won't let you change firmware on your own router? So correct me if I am wrong, the SingTel router is controlled by SingTel themselves and you can't make changes to it without Singtel permission? In that case I would just buy my own router and Singtel can piss off even thinking of controlling my own equipment.
I told the cso why not just downgrade back the firmware and everything will be back to normal. She told me cannot and the issue is probably cable issue. Most likely tomorrow I will tell the technician after the firmware upgrade, miotv becomes very unstable and hope the tech can advise further.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #780

I told the cso why not just downgrade back the firmware and everything will be back to normal. She told me cannot and the issue is probably cable issue. Most likely tomorrow I will tell the technician after the firmware upgrade, miotv becomes very unstable and hope the tech can advise further.
Sounds like the CSO can't be arsed and wants to push the issue to the technician instead
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.