Singtel 1 Gbps Unlimited Fibre

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Anyone plays BF1 with singtel 1gb or 2gb fibre on PC? What are your pings on HK servers? Currently on Starhub with 37ms ping, thinking of switching to Singtel, cheers

Dont try. Singtel minimum ping is 70+ms to hk. Singtel service really sucks. I even notice the routes are much better esp when my traffic is routed through starhub peer (checked using traceroute)

miloaisdino

Reaction score
- My bill says so.
- The Singtel tech who came to my house to test the connection confirms it so (I complaint about the speed I was getting)
- The Singtel tech showed my that I was hitting about 850+MB/s

I am currently using the Singtel issued modem - if that's why you're doubting the possibility of it being on unlimited.

I don't know.

Am I missing something?
Can someone share unlimited 1gbps ping times pls. http://pubgserverping.com

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- My bill says so.
- The Singtel tech who came to my house to test the connection confirms it so (I complaint about the speed I was getting)
- The Singtel tech showed my that I was hitting about 850+MB/s

I am currently using the Singtel issued modem - if that's why you're doubting the possibility of it being on unlimited.

I don't know.

Am I missing something?

unlimited fibre has no vlan configuration and that singtel should not issue you any router for free. Back then when unlimited fibre was still active, singtel gave vouchers for users to offset their router purchase.

I think its best you can refer to singtel account online and see. For singtel issued router to work, your account should reflect Home Fibre Plan.

kelvinau

Reaction score
unlimited fibre has no vlan configuration and that singtel should not issue you any router for free. Back then when unlimited fibre was still active, singtel gave vouchers for users to offset their router purchase.

I think its best you can refer to singtel account online and see. For singtel issued router to work, your account should reflect Home Fibre Plan.

mO7Xjunt-BWcRnLdwPjtSeGJNW2ogsHYXwLqn7v4lI47sRpxga-LdbpO59MQR0N29aYc737D67r8G6ViLd4eEg_sRO-wrh8G9XFZBDTe3sooSGNt5ugZGpUozuHrYnkEtp52N9rh2_gLPdrIp3AcWBUky22EicxdjBPUAFW7vt3oM0UkRLMI8uXYQPUPE3SIwrDCs-VBQH6JOe-yXG2l3_znlNA5rTjp_Q0mQpunUZbbfr-gbHIgtBBDOiHoifrxNADbDpm_RZDYLmfItqkYVPix4cKGcWY2HiaCWzS9iydHJTd8GTbabYvP6zD_QFVDkCJoeZFAv1y5FNpgnZaF4NRecBE3tb-HeHJVq4ghaXtXBNZivJRFEJsk6e_B7QCC5PiR1OpMtepVhPYMhpelKwbljENMsEMzu9tNFWawQkyBT9wfl1EzWXYt_AfvChyAZkGsPXa1Ny39NGkplKDk-jPRvpBsCcwn5rhmQ0ucvY4w1-ccIViCOLw00fd7ydouLLaBF3u3r9wRJMkZ78nU1ZastCtO1KSIyd9fZmh4MPsaFjPvg412DHW4NkSTtrDCZNLKrITcmsRcF6hfD_UfB_xNqQ1HXwCoAam0CjAO1RM_teAIYcx9IpeMVaPERbM=w577-h163-no

Hmm, so am I being cheated here... :mad:

Last edited:

shimesa

Reaction score
Hi flipenjoi,

You may wish to consider our COMEX offers on Singtel Fibre that are still ongoing currently:

1Gbps (24 month contract): $42.90 monthly
Online exclusive:
Free registration worth $53.50
Weekend or weekday service installation worth up to $145
Fibre Termination Point installation waiver (worth up to $160.50)

2Gbps (24 month contract): $62.90 monthly
Online exclusive:
Free registration worth $53.50
Weekend or weekday service installation worth up to $145
Fibre Termination Point installation waiver (worth up to $160.50)

COMEX online offers valid till 16 September 2018

Registered recontract services online on 9/9/2018 for the comex 1gbps services. stated that will be a callback on the confirmation call for it on the email.

Called singtel customer support on 13/9/2018 as it was more than 3 working days.. Customer service officer checked that there was no record of it on my recontract services.

To anyone that register online and yet to receive a call back, please give singtel a call..

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score
Anything register online, better screenshot every page you go for proof of re-con. Especially when there is a discount offer like $10 or $15 off the sub-fees.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi jas1701,

Re-contracting customers will receive a free router if their existing router is unable to support their new speed plan. For confirmation, please check with our sales representative at the point of re-contract to determine if you are eligible to receive a new router.

Thanks.

Regarding the above 1Gbps offer at $42.90, will re-con customer be given the free router as well.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my Razer Portal today & decided to replace my Asus AC88U and see how its like. Its connected to my AC Plus via WAN port. I am able to access settings via Portal app which are limited and will need access to Portal web GUI for access other settings. Problem is, how do I do that?

Razer's website says go to 192.168.8.1 or myportalwifi.com which I have but the page just keeps loading and finally says "Failed to open page". So I logged into AC Plus's GUI to have a look and found out apparently the Portal was assigned 192.168.1.78.

Tried running 192.168.1.78 from my browser and again after loading forever it says "Failed to open page".

I mean my iPhone is connected to my wifi network and my iMac can also locate it (though my iMac is connected via ethernet cable). So technically its fine, just that I need access to the GUI in order to change other settings, namely make it single SSID with band steering and also to confirm that the Razer is set as AP mode.

Anyone can assist please?

Edit:
Okaaaaay. Seems the problem was the Portal had to be set as AP mode on the Portal app and you need to enable web GUI on the Portal app first. Hope this post helps any future user. LOL!

Last edited:

dontscoldme

Reaction score
If i would like to use my own netgear nighthawk r9000 - which Singtel plan should i take?

I quite scared they give me the ** AzTech router which is sibeh cui one.

also, if i want to watch BPL (means need miotv) = i die die need use the ** AzTech router?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nighthawk supports built in vlan I think. Check yourself if I does.if it does, set top box can connect to nighthawk.

There's no moe aztech already.

If i would like to use my own netgear nighthawk r9000 - which Singtel plan should i take?

also, if i want to watch BPL (means need miotv) = i die die need use the ** AzTech router?

darkgarnezh

Reaction score
Hi all, would you recommend Singtel fibre? Considering switching from VQ given that I'm a singtel phone subscriber and may move over from starhub TV too since I mostly watch BPL. So if i get the MioTV, fibre and mobile bundle, I should get some savings hence exploring this option.

I've heard there's some limitation on Singtel fibre, mainly the iPV6 limitation (is this a big deal?) and the need to use my Asus router as AP (Quite unusual since VQ isn't like this). Would you say these would have a big impact on daily usage?

How is the stability and speed especially during peak hours? VQ standard had really fallen off a cliff in the past few years so really exploring choices now.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, would you recommend Singtel fibre? Considering switching from VQ given that I'm a singtel phone subscriber and may move over from starhub TV too since I mostly watch BPL. So if i get the MioTV, fibre and mobile bundle, I should get some savings hence exploring this option.

I've heard there's some limitation on Singtel fibre, mainly the iPV6 limitation (is this a big deal?) and the need to use my Asus router as AP (Quite unusual since VQ isn't like this). Would you say these would have a big impact on daily usage?

How is the stability and speed especially during peak hours? VQ standard had really fallen off a cliff in the past few years so really exploring choices now.
I was with VQ since 2012 and it was superb in those days. Not cheap but worth every penny. It is now a shadow of its former self. The posts in the VQ thread are not exaggerated as I'm sure you yourself know.

Honestly, any ISP is better than VQ. I'm not on Singtel. Less than a month so can't comment much except so far so good. Stable connection and fast speed. Why do you say must use Asus router as AP?

The default AC Plus is not great but will suffice if its a small flat with few walls. Otherwise you can plug in any router in AP mode. I signed up for the Singtel plan with Razer Portal router so my AC Plus is router and Razer Portal is AP. No problems so far and the wifi reach is great.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just re-contracted my Singtel Fibre Broadband recently and I got a free AC Plus (Self-collect at +Serv at Orchard Central). Read the thread before going and told the person there I would still using my WRT1900AC (since 2014, was using Pace A5520N, before that 2-Wire 5012NV). Then he just told me to keep the AC Plus as a spare.

I was hoping it can function as a repeater but now I just use it as a switch by disable WiFi (Linksys WRT1900AC --> TP-Link RE350 range extender --> AC Plus).

I use the RE350 as the wireless adapter for playing ARM Linux where some of the wireless cards are not working with stock Linux) or simple no wireless.

darkgarnezh

Reaction score
I was with VQ since 2012 and it was superb in those days. Not cheap but worth every penny. It is now a shadow of its former self. The posts in the VQ thread are not exaggerated as I'm sure you yourself know.

Honestly, any ISP is better than VQ. I'm not on Singtel. Less than a month so can't comment much except so far so good. Stable connection and fast speed. Why do you say must use Asus router as AP?

The default AC Plus is not great but will suffice if its a small flat with few walls. Otherwise you can plug in any router in AP mode. I signed up for the Singtel plan with Razer Portal router so my AC Plus is router and Razer Portal is AP. No problems so far and the wifi reach is great.

Is the Razer Portal better than ASUS? Always thought they were the market leader for routers haha. Do you think the Razer portal can reach if multiple floors? Or at least to second floor?

The stability if it's like you claimed will already be a big diff. You have no idea how many times a day VQ has been disconnecting itself these days.... Maybe will try it out after all. Cheaper too at 1gbps

dryteletubby

Reaction score

If you sign up recently, you are likely using an ONR so your ac plus is used as an AP not a router.

Don't you have a asus ac88u as well? why not add it into your network?

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score

I am like you. Because of SingTV (EPL), i have moved from VQ to Singtel.
And will move my M1 mobile to Singtel mobile when contract is up.
I like to simplify my services. I find it both Singtel Fibre and VQ ok, but because of newer Samsung mesh hardware, it is slightly faster and has better coverage now.

kelvinau

Reaction score
mO7Xjunt-BWcRnLdwPjtSeGJNW2ogsHYXwLqn7v4lI47sRpxga-LdbpO59MQR0N29aYc737D67r8G6ViLd4eEg_sRO-wrh8G9XFZBDTe3sooSGNt5ugZGpUozuHrYnkEtp52N9rh2_gLPdrIp3AcWBUky22EicxdjBPUAFW7vt3oM0UkRLMI8uXYQPUPE3SIwrDCs-VBQH6JOe-yXG2l3_znlNA5rTjp_Q0mQpunUZbbfr-gbHIgtBBDOiHoifrxNADbDpm_RZDYLmfItqkYVPix4cKGcWY2HiaCWzS9iydHJTd8GTbabYvP6zD_QFVDkCJoeZFAv1y5FNpgnZaF4NRecBE3tb-HeHJVq4ghaXtXBNZivJRFEJsk6e_B7QCC5PiR1OpMtepVhPYMhpelKwbljENMsEMzu9tNFWawQkyBT9wfl1EzWXYt_AfvChyAZkGsPXa1Ny39NGkplKDk-jPRvpBsCcwn5rhmQ0ucvY4w1-ccIViCOLw00fd7ydouLLaBF3u3r9wRJMkZ78nU1ZastCtO1KSIyd9fZmh4MPsaFjPvg412DHW4NkSTtrDCZNLKrITcmsRcF6hfD_UfB_xNqQ1HXwCoAam0CjAO1RM_teAIYcx9IpeMVaPERbM=w577-h163-no

Hmm, so am I being cheated here... :mad:

@renfred89: Am I being cheated?

I'm slightly concerned as you mentioned that if I'm using the AC1300 then I'm not (no longer) on Unlimited Fibre. I was very clear that I was not recontacting nor changing my plan.

kelvinau

Reaction score

Singtel also threw the same scenario to me - that if I wanted Singtel MioTv, I had to change to the regular 1GB plans (non-unlimited). The idea was for both internet and MioTV signals to be transported via single port.

I refused.

I insisted that I did not want to give up my unlimited 1GB plan.

Long story short, I have two ports open on my FTP. One line (port 2) feeds into an ONR which then feeds into the MioTV box.

The other port 1, continues to feed my OTP, which feeds the AC1300.
I am under the impression that I am still on the unlimited plan. See other posts I've sent earlier - although some forum users have suggested or are skeptical that I am still on fibre unlimited. Still waiting to see their thoughts.

Singtel tech came down and showed me wired network speed at >800Mbps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.