Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900! (Arcadyan)

Tord__

Reaction score
Hi guys, networking noob here.

I'm currently using this ac1900 elite router issued by Singtel however my mobile phone is having conflict with my home wifi. WiFi is connected but every now and then it will stop working. It seems as though there's no internet, however after reconnecting WiFi it works fine again. There are no issues with other devices connected to this network. I've tried connecting my phone to other WiFi network and it's fine, no drop internet problem.

I wanna check if I were change to a 3rd party router, will I be able to connect my Mio TV using the 3rd party router or I have to use Singtel issued router? If its possible, any recommendations for budget of $200?

I'm on ont if it helps.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm currently using this ac1900 elite router issued by Singtel however my mobile phone is having conflict with my home wifi. WiFi is connected but every now and then it will stop working. It seems as though there's no internet, however after reconnecting WiFi it works fine again. There are no issues with other devices connected to this network. I've tried connecting my phone to other WiFi network and it's fine, no drop internet problem.

I wanna check if I were change to a 3rd party router, will I be able to connect my Mio TV using the 3rd party router or I have to use Singtel issued router? If its possible, any recommendations for budget of $200?

I'm on ont if it helps.

What is your mobile phone ? Depending on the model of your phone, it may be cheaper to change the phone.

You can use your own better router like those from Asus (with Vlan function) if you want since you are using ONT. Mio TV will now be connected to Port 4 of your router (usually Port 4, please check the SingTel Vlan preset in your router).

Easier solution is to get a better AP, disable the WiFi in AC Elite, connect the AP to you AC Elite lan port. So the wireless is now served by your new AP. No change to Mio TV, it is connected to your AC Elite.

The pros here seem to like Ubiquity Unifi AP, Unifi AC Lite seems to be around S$150.

Tord__

Reaction score
What is your mobile phone ? Depending on the model of your phone, it may be cheaper to change the phone.

You can use your own better router like those from Asus (with Vlan function) if you want since you are using ONT. Mio TV will now be connected to Port 4 of your router (usually Port 4, please check the SingTel Vlan preset in your router).

Easier solution is to get a better AP, disable the WiFi in AC Elite, connect the AP to you AC Elite lan port. So the wireless is now served by your new AP. No change to Mio TV, it is connected to your AC Elite.

The pros here seem to like Ubiquity Unifi AP, Unifi AC Lite seems to be around S$150.

I'm using Huawei p20pro, doubt I'll be changing phone anytime soon. Thanks for your recommendation, I'll look up more details for it.

I was also looking at this model tplink archer c2300, is it any good?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Huawei p20pro, doubt I'll be changing phone anytime soon. Thanks for your recommendation, I'll look up more details for it.

I was also looking at this model tplink archer c2300, is it any good?

I see. P20 Pro is a very good mobile phone. No change of phone then.

I do not know if TP-Link Archer C2300 is good or not. I also can not find info whether it supports Vlan settings to be used as a router for SingTel.

Cheaper but pretty okay router from StarHub people selling in Carousell to be used as AP.
1) 2nd hand D-Link DIR-865L at about S$15
2) 2nd hand pretty new or even brand new Linksys EA7500 at about S$50-80
3) Very new or sealed brand new Linksys EA8100 at about S$100-S$120

Price is just for your reference.

Ref: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-clinic-4/linksys-router-singtel-5881243.html

From the above reference, EA7500 should have better WiFi performance than SingTel AC Plus/AC Elite/AC1900. Not so sure it supports SingTel Vlan or not. But no problem if it does not support Vlan, just use it as an AP by configuring it to be AP only.

Tord__

Reaction score
Thanks for your all this info xiaofan! I go read up more on all those models u recommended.

mingsect

Reaction score

I'm on ont if it helps.

previously . b4 elite router, which singtel router u’re on?
yur hp any wifi issue with that router?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your all this info xiaofan! I go read up more on all those models u recommended.

BTW there are other better AP or router out there. You can carry out your research and ask here. I am not a pro myself in networking but just based on my limited experiences and what I read here and over the internet.

It seems to be a common issue for SingTel AC Elite/1900/Plus and Huawei P20 Pro.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/8n7lvw/huawei_p20_pro_wifi_connectivity_issues/

“Final final edit 5: There's a problem with Huawei P20 Pro and Singtel router. Try changing your router, if not change your ISP.”

Edit: Changing ISP is a bit drastic though. So probably changing the router is the way to go.

Last edited:

Tord__

Reaction score
previously . b4 elite router, which singtel router u’re on?
yur hp any wifi issue with that router?

This phone is newly bought hence I'm pretty sure it's conflict between my phone and router. I also read from Reddit regarding this issue, actually this router works well for me until I started using this phone but changing a new router option seems cheaper and more logical route for me now.

Tord__

Reaction score
BTW there are other better AP or router out there. You can carry out your research and ask here. I am not a pro myself in networking but just based on my limited experiences and what I read here and over the internet.

It seems to be a coomon issue for SingTel AC Elite/1900/Plus and Huawei P20 Pro.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/8n7lvw/huawei_p20_pro_wifi_connectivity_issues/

“Final final edit 5: There's a problem with Huawei P20 Pro and Singtel router. Try changing your router, if not change your ISP.”

Yea I'm facing the exact issue as in the Reddit post. Right now I'm leaning towards changing router option as I don't want too many devices to clutter my TV console.

I'm down to Linksys ea8100 and tp-link archer c9.

Linksys fits nicely in terms of cost and is better specs however it's rather big and I still need to find guide on how to set the vlan for Mio.

Tp-link c9 form factor suit the placement on the TV console and I manage to find the Mio TV guide from tplink website which is a big plus point for me.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm down to Linksys ea8100 and tp-link archer c9.

Linksys fits nicely in terms of cost and is better specs however it's rather big and I still need to find guide on how to set the vlan for Mio.

Tp-link c9 form factor suit the placement on the TV console and I manage to find the Mio TV guide from tplink website which is a big plus point for me.

TP-Link C9 should be okay.
https://www.tp-link.com/sg/faq-938.html

As per the following review, EA8100 should be usable for SingTel as well but better get confirmation from those who have used it.
https://lesterchan.net/blog/2018/08...-stream-ac2600-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-review/

“VLAN tagging is available in EA8100. Despite it being exclusive to StarHub, there are presets for other Singapore ISP VLAN tags as well.”

Edit: as per the following forum thread, looks like EA8100 is usable under SingTel.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ksys-ea8100-ah-max-stream-ac2600-5914883.html

Last edited:

Tord__

Reaction score
TP-Link C9 should be okay.
https://www.tp-link.com/sg/faq-938.html

As per the following review, EA8100 should be usable for SingTel as well but better get confirmation from those who have used it.
https://lesterchan.net/blog/2018/08...-stream-ac2600-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-review/

“VLAN tagging is available in EA8100. Despite it being exclusive to StarHub, there are presets for other Singapore ISP VLAN tags as well.”

Edit: as per the following forum thread, looks like EA8100 is usable under SingTel.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ksys-ea8100-ah-max-stream-ac2600-5914883.html

Thanks a lot you've be a great help. Now is down to size. Let me see if I can free up some space from my TV console to accommodate the size for Linksys.

Tord__

Reaction score
One more thing to check, if I were to change to 3rd party router, will watching singtel TV go be affect for home view?

miloaisdino

Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no!!!!! it wont affect
homeview works by verifying your access home fibre broadband public ip address with the wan ip issued by singtel dhcp!!

It seems to me that I can watch eLe and CHK live TV under SingTel TV Go app for my basic family learning subscription, with 3rd party router Linksys WRT1900AC. So this means Home View is working? I also see quite some complimentary content.

Never really used SingTel TV Go before.

But the remote pairing does not seem to work.

What about Stingray music?

even for stuff like netflix/hooq on the singtel tv stb, there are workarounds u can do to get it working on 3rd party routers too!!

Interesting but I do not have Netflix.

Last edited:

Maoqing

Reaction score
guys, need some helps.
how do reconfigure the wireless ssid and change the password.

the new interface does not show the opt.

thanks a million

miloaisdino

Reaction score
It seems to me that I can watch eLe and CHK live TV under SingTel TV Go app for my basic family learning subscription, with 3rd party router Linksys WRT1900AC. So this means Home View is working? I also see quite some complimentary content.

Never really used SingTel TV Go before.

But the remote pairing does not seem to work.

What about Stingray music?

Interesting but I do not have Netflix.
yes it is working... it always does lol. the stock singtel router (or if u have an onr, onr) is to enable ott services on the stb such as netflix/hooq.. but u can always bypass this restriction by pulling out the ethernet from the iptv port and plugging it back to a normal internet port on your 3rd party router...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes it is working... it always does lol. the stock singtel router (or if u have an onr, onr) is to enable ott services on the stb such as netflix/hooq.. but u can always bypass this restriction by pulling out the ethernet from the iptv port and plugging it back to a normal internet port on your 3rd party router...

Thanks for the info.

I will try this probably with Stingray music. I have not tried SingTel TV Go before even though I was on SingTel Circles since Sept 2013. I also heard Stingray Music is not that useful and I am using XiaMi Music free version.

But the remote paring is sure not working with my Linksys router (FAQ says need SingTel router) since it can not find the SingTel TV box, probably because of different Vlan, and your workaround will not work either because then SingTel TV will be offline. I will test if I can pare with the remote using SingTel router first and then see if it is still working or not with the Linksys router. Not that I need the remote paring function, just curious. Hahaha.

Tord__

Reaction score
no!!!!! it wont affect
homeview works by verifying your access home fibre broadband public ip address with the wan ip issued by singtel dhcp!!

even for stuff like netflix/hooq on the singtel tv stb, there are workarounds u can do to get it working on 3rd party routers too!!

Hi all, I wanna confirm that singtel TV go home view works for 3rd party router as well. I'm currently using Asus rt-ac68u router and it works fine. Thanks all for the guidance and suggestion!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.