Reaction score
With just 200M plan, it is already so fast and ping is quite good:

3548104442.png

500M may be even faster a bit.

Last edited:

Corny_Cow

Master Member
Reaction score
hi. will be signing up the 200m fibre home plan later today.

just wan to ask, since the openet point is in my living room, i probably need to get a wifi adaptor thingy to get internet on my desktop (current setting is direct connection from modem in my room).

what is the best adaptor i can get to make sure i can get the most out from the wifi from the 200m fibre?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi. will be signing up the 200m fibre home plan later today.

just wan to ask, since the openet point is in my living room, i probably need to get a wifi adaptor thingy to get internet on my desktop (current setting is direct connection from modem in my room).

what is the best adaptor i can get to make sure i can get the most out from the wifi from the 200m fibre?

ST do provide nice cabling to your com but must pay a bit. Earlier ST do it for me FOC.
If u sign M1 just get a contractor to do the cable.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd June already activated.

ST really can install fast. How is your speed test to Hawaii (Hawaiian Telecom)? Actually now is Aztech FG7003 and you getting FG7002 like short changed. You can request to change your router to FG7003.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
No,not yet .
They said since I signed up today,can only officially request on Tue or Wed till system update.
May try the 7002 first.If range problem then go for extender as what Henry suggested or perhaps go for Asus.
Regards

Currently on 150mbps , i asked for activation but they say can't , must technician come down then install 7002 and then upgrade to 300mbps. How come so funny ah, yours can mine can't ?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently on 150mbps , i asked for activation but they say can't , must technician come down then install 7002 and then upgrade to 300mbps. How come so funny ah, yours can mine can't ?

Same here.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we use a third party router instead of the aztech one?
I see there's a vlan thingy.

I don't have mio tv and digital voice call

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we use a third party router instead of the aztech one?
I see there's a vlan thingy.

I don't have mio tv and digital voice call

Sure but still must keep the Aztech in case you need technical support to come then u put back the Aztech.

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw just an update and a warning. Singtel cannot and will not replace your router after service has been activated. So unlike some providers (VQ) who are willing to change the device even after deployment Singtel just gives the standard line that they can't do anything. So if you have the 7002 or lower router deployed you are pretty much stuck with it until it is faulty.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw just an update and a warning. Singtel cannot and will not replace your router after service has been activated. So unlike some providers (VQ) who are willing to change the device even after deployment Singtel just gives the standard line that they can't do anything. So if you have the 7002 or lower router deployed you are pretty much stuck with it until it is faulty.

Are you sure? Are u ST user? What happened? Please share what happened. What make u say that? During PC Show all sign up is Aztech 7002 and if u want to upgrade to AC router you top up $ or sign up 500M plan. ST has been very clear and 7002 has been better than ASUS RT-N56U. VQ is ASUS router and faulty must bring to ASUS service centre during weekday. No serving by VQ when it is faulty.

Last edited:

jameshong

Reaction score

Think of a way to make it spoilt lor.....:D!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.