starhub cable broadband 100mbps

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you call 1630 directly when you received the SMS to query on your status &or offer.

I contact them via 1630 when received their SMS in Oct as i did not replied via SMS and not within 24 hours as stated in their SMS but call after a few days/weeks.
The 1630 CSO then divert me to their sales staff to follow up and provide my subscriber details to check on what sort of offer in their system.
Since mine existing contract is the special upgrade offer and so the recontract which the sales staff mentioned is the same as usual promotion so did not take but to wait as contract expiry in early Jan 2019.

just called 1630 and the CSO everything also dunno one leh....the offer he quoted me is the exact Homehub plus available online...5 months free....

I told him don't I, as a current cable subscriber, has a better offer since there is a promotion going on...and also an sms was sent to me giving me some promotional offer, how come his offer to me is like no offer, since open to everyone online....but he just say not sure, not sure, not sure....

:s8:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You may missed the point on this type of offering.

They want you to upgrade to their convenience and their objective in doing so.

In order to sweeten the deal for you to upgrade they can and will offer lots of freebies and discount.

Once you have taken in the package..
..to them they have done their best so as they have achieve what they want.
..to you and to enjoy the period of contract at the special pricing.

But what happen at the end of the contract....

You will be ignored.. or

Or they will send you a promotion offer which is the same or slightly better than what is being offer in anywhere as advertised.

Frankly speaking i was one of those early upgraded and now my contract is due by end 2018.
Received a SMS when my contract reached 20 months.. but the offer is no better than what is available as advertised.
Up to now there is nothing or no news on any best offer they can provide.
I have to wait as paying a cheaper pricing and those available in their ongoing promotion.
Why should i recontract to a higher pricing as able to enjoy for the time being.
I am on HomeHub 1000 cost $49.90 instead on $88.80 original pricing.

$49.90 for HomeHub 1000 is really quite insane.
- how did you get this? this is not a promotional price?

any one remember what was the 11/11 promo for HomeHub?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$49.90 for HomeHub 1000 is really quite insane.
- how did you get this? this is not a promotional price?

any one remember what was the 11/11 promo for HomeHub?

This $49.90 is 2 years ago pricing for Fibre Broadband and HomeHub 1000 is $88.80 at that time.
For me is to pay the $49.90 for Fibre Broadband and for TV subscription is $0 cost.

Now is Broadband 1Gbps $39.90 and HomeHub 1000 $68.80 as drop in pricing.

HomeHub on 11.11 promotion is the extra $30 discount based on $5 /month for 6 months and the Free 5 months subscription is still available.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This $49.90 is 2 years ago pricing for Fibre Broadband and HomeHub 1000 is $88.80 at that time.
For me is to pay the $49.90 for Fibre Broadband and for TV subscription is $0 cost.

Now is Broadband 1Gbps $39.90 and HomeHub 1000 $68.80 as drop in pricing.

HomeHub on 11.11 promotion is the extra $30 discount based on $5 /month for 6 months and the Free 5 months subscription is still available.

thanks bro! really appreciate it.
I saw there was some S$50 bill rebate code but opening the link leads to a dead site so I couldn't read the details.

let me get this right
2 years ago
- S$49.90 for Fibre Broadband
- S$88.80 for HomeHub

but for you got a psuedo HomeHub because
- S$49.90 for Fibre
- S$0.00 for StarHub TV
how did you manage this? - do you still have StarHub TV? I re-subbed two years ago as well

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw there was some S$50 bill rebate code but opening the link leads to a dead site so I couldn't read the details.

let me get this right
2 years ago
- S$88.80 for HomeHub

- S$49.90 for Fibre
- S$0.00 for StarHub TV
how did you manage this? - do you still have StarHub TV? I re-subbed two years ago as well

They offer 2 years ago and include my next door neighbour on exact same offer for both of us.

At that time i was on Cable STB and the offer is upgrade to Fibre STB.
So consider as the upgrade offer similar to nowadays offer to some.

Prior to this offer when my block had just upgrade to Fibre network about 3 years earlier.
Starhub did sent us to upgrade to Fibre Broadband from cable which i accepted without much hesitation and may included my neighbour too.
Not sure if all these cable to fibre broadband upgrade had anything to do with upgrade to cable to fibre TV service as well.

As mine HomeHub contract will end in early Jan 2019 i wanted to enquire regarding my recontract on any offer.
But a CSO told me privately to wait as they are very busy with ton of mails/queries.
So may have to wait till contract end then decide to ask &or propose as to enjoy some discount till then.
Hopefully to continue to have free TV subscription and may proposal to include i take the Go Streaming box (if free TV) as to supplement future proof on Android TV and digital TV (unable to get the free upgrade from gov).
Even no free TV but at least 9 months free subscription would be worth to consider as cheaper than my current or at least in comparison.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

let me get this right
2 years ago
- S$88.80 for HomeHub

- S$49.90 for Fibre
- S$0.00 for StarHub TV

Forget to mention is that no free Router during that time as may not applicable to recontract.

But for me it is not necessary as i just have 2 brand new DLink DIR-868L routers for being involved in their DLink trial on Autozoning (aka mesh).

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They offer 2 years ago and include my next door neighbour on exact same offer for both of us.

At that time i was on Cable STB and the offer is upgrade to Fibre STB.
So consider as the upgrade offer similar to nowadays offer to some.

Prior to this offer when my block had just upgrade to Fibre network about 3 years earlier.
Starhub did sent us to upgrade to Fibre Broadband from cable which i accepted without much hesitation and may included my neighbour too.
Not sure if all these cable to fibre broadband upgrade had anything to do with upgrade to cable to fibre TV service as well.

As mine HomeHub contract will end in early Jan 2019 i wanted to enquire regarding my recontract on any offer.
But a CSO told me privately to wait as they are very busy with ton of mails/queries.
So may have to wait till contract end then decide to ask &or propose as to enjoy some discount till then.
Hopefully to continue to have free TV subscription and may proposal to include i take the Go Streaming box (if free TV) as to supplement future proof on Android TV and digital TV (unable to get the free upgrade from gov).
Even no free TV but at least 9 months free subscription would be worth to consider as cheaper than my current or at least in comparison.

oh wait. so you are still on promo pricing.
after the contract ends, how much more will you be paying?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh wait. so you are still on promo pricing.
after the contract ends, how much more will you be paying?

Yes on promotion pricing as stated in the mailer and start on 3 Jan 2017 in new BTO HDB flat.

JckVHj4.jpg

Not sure but would be current pricing.

Trak

Banned
Reaction score
<Notification> StarHub: Dear customer, we're moving our Cable services to Fibre Network by 30 June 2019 & we have a Welcome Pack just for you! Re-contract to 1Gbps Fibre broadband at just $10/month for 2 years (U.P. $39.90/month). Switch to Fibre at any StarHub Shop, call 1630 or SMS 1a1 <SPACE> NRIC/FIN (e.g. 1a1 S1234567A) to 90240001 by 15 Dec 2018 & we'll contact you within 48 hours. More info: starhub.com/switch-to-fibre. T&Cs apply.

do they give free wireless router for 1Gbps sub ?

(FREE Linksys EA8100-AH MAX-STREAMTM AC2600 wireless router worth $329.)

http://www.starhub.com/personal/sto...band--3990month_1000mbps-fibre-broadband.html

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hulkpg

Reaction score
<Notification> StarHub: Dear customer, we're moving our Cable services to Fibre Network by 30 June 2019 & we have a Welcome Pack just for you! Re-contract to 1Gbps Fibre broadband at just $10/month for 2 years (U.P. $39.90/month). Switch to Fibre at any StarHub Shop, call 1630 or SMS 1a1 <SPACE> NRIC/FIN (e.g. 1a1 S1234567A) to 90240001 by 15 Dec 2018 & we'll contact you within 48 hours. More info: starhub.com/switch-to-fibre. T&Cs apply.

i got this too. are you jumping into it? or hold on first? i am on 100mbps since this year april. dont find it lack for my usage pattern.:s13:

Trak

Banned
Reaction score
i got this too. are you jumping into it? or hold on first? i am on 100mbps since this year april. dont find it lack for my usage pattern.:s13:

$10 also ?

why do i get $19.90 ?

200M since Dec .

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder what will the dual broadband scheme users get...
Hope there's $19.90x24mth/300Mbps or $22.90x24mth/1Gbps

Last edited:

SecretAgent

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on sh cable and till now yet to get any notification from them.. my contract is due next month..

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on sh cable and till now yet to get any notification from them.. my contract is due next month..

Suggest you to submit via > Switch to StarHub on Fibre now.

Depend if you are on broadband and/or TV do click on the link to the form.

Alternately visit their Starhub shops or Exclusive Partners as stated in the form.

Just need to call Starhub to ask for the offer.

Someone tried calling the hotline 1630 which wait for long time without any answer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.