STARHUB FIBRE BROADBAND PERFORMANCE

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how is Starhub fibre broadband performance? Any lag when gaming? Good speed for streaming video? User please share more about it. Thanks.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always down......latest being a few days ago.....internet service still NOT restored yet...staying amk.....

Dun ever consider SH.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, how is Starhub fibre broadband performance? Any lag when gaming? Good speed for streaming video? User please share more about it. Thanks.

Rock solid.Everyday stream YouTube no issues encountered.

However you need to take note 2 notorious issue for years Starhub don't know/ don't bother to fix

1. DNS - Do not use Starhub DNS
2. MTU - 1398 not 1500

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always down......latest being a few days ago.....internet service still NOT restored yet...staying amk.....

Dun ever consider SH.

What router are you using? Are you using your own router? Are you using
free Google DNS, Open DNS or Norton DNS?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:)
Rock solid.Everyday stream YouTube no issues encountered.

However you need to take note 2 notorious issue for years Starhub don't know/ don't bother to fix

1. DNS - Do not use Starhub DNS
2. MTU - 1398 not 1500

I never use ISP DNS, I am using Norton DNS. Understand that my ASUS router can be reuse on Starhub too.
What MTU are you referring to?

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometime I just hope Starhub would buy over M1 by 2020 so I would automatically become Starhub user by then. My M1 Tv box should also work on Starhub too.

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
Sometime I just hope Starhub would buy over M1 by 2020 so I would automatically become Starhub user by then. My M1 Tv box should also work on Starhub too.

Plsssss NO WAY! M1's mobile is way way better than suckhub. I am running down my contract on sh broadband and looking forward to switch to either m1 or vq.

Pui! Biggest mistake of my life by subscribing to sh 1gbps service.

pangolin123

Reaction score
I have been a very happy starhub broadband user for years. So far only have 2 times give me issues and it was fixed in 1-2 days time. Speed is very stable and consistent for me most of the times. International download rate can hit about 30mb/sec-40mb/sec on average using download manager. I am on 1gbps plan and residing at Jurong. For streaming also no issue unless its bottleneck on oversease server and not due to starhub. Overall will rate them 8/10.

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
I have been a very happy starhub broadband user for years. So far only have 2 times give me issues and it was fixed in 1-2 days time. Speed is very stable and consistent for me most of the times. International download rate can hit about 30mb/sec-40mb/sec on average using download manager. I am on 1gbps plan and residing at Jurong. For streaming also no issue unless its bottleneck on oversease server and not due to starhub. Overall will rate them 8/10.

u sh staff or marketing department huh?:s8:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plsssss NO WAY! M1's mobile is way way better than suckhub. I am running down my contract on sh broadband and looking forward to switch to either m1 or vq.

Pui! Biggest mistake of my life by subscribing to sh 1gbps service.

Sad to read this. M1 is ok, I am using M1 but considering Starhub now.

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
Sad to read this. M1 is ok, I am using M1 but considering Starhub now.

Starhub broadband is ok, it's the fiber that sucks, dun ask me why, me not a techie guy, jus a layman user,

I expect at least i can get 50% speed that they advertised, not 20mbps or best 90mbps, sometimes single digit. I expect stable connection, not crappy constant intermittent connection lost.

CS lagi soild, asking same old **** qns, is my device connected via wired. :s22::s22:
Knn the issue is, whether wired or wireless, no service.

I gave up after 6 months, I would be happy to get access to internet, speed doesn't matter anymore. At night, I would be damn happy if I can get 20mbps, at least YouTube no lagging. 8 more months and I will get the **** out from sh.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Starhub broadband is ok, it's the fiber that sucks, dun ask me why, me not a techie guy, jus a layman user,

I expect at least i can get 50% speed that they advertised, not 20mbps or best 90mbps, sometimes single digit. I expect stable connection, not crappy constant intermittent connection lost.

CS lagi soild, asking same old **** qns, is my device connected via wired. :s22::s22:
Knn the issue is, whether wired or wireless, no service.

I gave up after 6 months, I would be happy to get access to internet, speed doesn't matter anymore. At night, I would be damn happy if I can get 20mbps, at least YouTube no lagging. 8 more months and I will get the **** out from sh.
All you need to do is ask nicely . Describe your setup and what have you done to the current situation. Without which nobody can help.

Moving from one service provider to another is just like jumping from one **** hole to another. Good Luck.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no way. With the sh reception worst than M1. And cust service of m1 better than SH. M1 should retain.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought you are on M1? If no issue why switch?

I don't game so I can't comment.

My 100 mbps fibre has been rock solid too. I'm paying $29 only so no complaints. =:p

My router can ON 24/7 for a few months without rebooting.

I can use Astrill to climb any mountains with ease. :D

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought you are on M1? If no issue why switch?

I don't game so I can't comment.

My 100 mbps fibre has been rock solid too. I'm paying $29 only so no complaints. =:p

My router can ON 24/7 for a few months without rebooting.

I can use Astrill to climb any mountains with ease. :D

It is because Starhub intend to cease Cable Broadband and Cable Tv by 2019 and many of us who are on M1 are using Cable Tv. I am still considering.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What router are you using? Are you using your own router? Are you using
free Google DNS, Open DNS or Norton DNS?

DIR-850L

This one....

DIR-850L_A1_Image-LFront1-375x6001-510x600.jpg

Btw, I have no internet access for the past week....and the Globe icon is lit orange.....should be green right?

pangolin123

Reaction score
Both should be green. I had similar issue before and i called them to tell the router globe is orange. They fixed my issue in 1-2 days after i ask the network enginner to look into my issue as they keep saying everything is ok on their end. You need to push the CSO to ask their network enginner to look into the issue if the problem still isn't fixed. For me they configure the dns wrongly in their backend only a network enginner able to determine the issue.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both should be green. I had similar issue before and i called them to tell the router globe is orange. They fixed my issue in 1-2 days after i ask the network enginner to look into my issue as they keep saying everything is ok on their end. You need to push the CSO to ask their network enginner to look into the issue if the problem still isn't fixed. For me they configure the dns wrongly in their backend only a network enginner able to determine the issue.

i see......it happened after that jurong west cable cut issue.....
prior to that....everything ok.

do they need to come down or can fixed at their own end?

do i need to do anything on my end?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.