Using VPN on selected IPs only

Mr_Farmer

Reaction score
does a router like that exist? - use VPN only on selected IP/devices?

i.e I only want the netflix player to go thru VPN (wired) but normal devices don't use VPN (wireless)

please advise. thanks!

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i.e I only want the netflix player to go thru VPN (wired) but normal devices don't use VPN (wireless)

please advise. thanks!

One approach is use a Linux box to route for u. :) it has an extremely powerful routing capability in the kernel to do fanciful stuffs like what u require

stanoislav

Reaction score

please advise. thanks!

You can use custom router firmware like ddwrt or tomatousb. Or you can just let someone else to do it all for you: Google Sabai Technology VPN Routers. Bit of a price premium but works without any trouble. There was also a talk of Asus routers having this in the stock firmware in the future but I'm not sure where that is.

Mr_Farmer

Reaction score
You can use custom router firmware like ddwrt or tomatousb. Or you can just let someone else to do it all for you: Google Sabai Technology VPN Routers. Bit of a price premium but works without any trouble. There was also a talk of Asus routers having this in the stock firmware in the future but I'm not sure where that is.

thanks! can i get this locally?

stanoislav

Reaction score
thank you!.. now studying the different products. what shld I look out for to be able to do this selective VPN thing?

All Sabai routers have this feature, they call is "Gateways". Look at "About Sabai OS" on their site.

So choose any router you like, in general the more money you spend the better Wifi coverage and faster performance you get.

Mr_Farmer

Reaction score
All Sabai routers have this feature, they call is "Gateways". Look at "About Sabai OS" on their site.

So choose any router you like, in general the more money you spend the better Wifi coverage and faster performance you get.

thanks mate!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.