ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Our 10G service is not xGPON. We use Metro Ethernet to deliver it. So it is a 10G handoff.

2G service using ONR with one 10G rj45 port eg. Huawei HN8055Q.

Cheaper than your current which required Mikrotik router

Apex

Reaction score
2G service using ONR with one 10G rj45 port eg. Huawei HN8055Q.

Cheaper than your current which required Mikrotik router

Yah is about time VQ to look into ONR with 10G port..

1st to release 2G plan but kept selling the Mikrotik router idea to customer when they can just switch to an ONR with 10G port. Maybe their backend hardware can't support new ONR with 10G port **Guess only**

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Yah is about time VQ to look into ONR with 10G port..

1st to release 2G plan but kept selling the Mikrotik router idea to customer when they can just switch to an ONR with 10G port. Maybe their backend hardware can't support new ONR with 10G port **Guess only**

Only Huawei makes an ONR with a 10G port. We don't use Huawei. So not an option.

deathblade82

Reaction score
nanog-features-display.jpg

UFiber Nano G is here! The UFiber Nano G is a robust, high-performance GPON CPE that features an informational LED display and a sleek, sophisticated industrial design.

We have begun initial stages of testing and will release more details when it is available ;)

Best Regards,
Nate

Can 2Gbps single network users get this ?

Idm the single GbE port.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nanog-features-display.jpg

UFiber Nano G is here! The UFiber Nano G is a robust, high-performance GPON CPE that features an informational LED display and a sleek, sophisticated industrial design.

We have begun initial stages of testing and will release more details when it is available ;)

Best Regards,
Nate

Sexy thing.
Going by the brand, should be more reliable than whatever the ISPs here providing.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, anyone here on amk exchange area experiencing dropped connection to blizzard ow servers?

Doesnt happen very frequently, maybe once or twice every two games, but im not sure if its a routing issue or not, as my discord call doesnt lose connection

viewqwest

Reaction score
You mean if my gpon breaks down over the weekend and you will have technicians to help us to replace the faulty gpon ont and commission it as well

Yes that is correct. That being said, we do not have an unlimited supply of field techs. If resources are consumed, then will have to wait.

viewqwest

Reaction score
Guys, anyone here on amk exchange area experiencing dropped connection to blizzard ow servers?

Doesnt happen very frequently, maybe once or twice every two games, but im not sure if its a routing issue or not, as my discord call doesnt lose connection

Which Blizzard servers are you connected to. Blizzard has sent out some email last week about their servers being hit by DDOS causing issues.

viewqwest

Reaction score
Thanks. Have vq started this weekend field tech service?

It has always been there. As I said it comes down to available resources. Why? Are planning on breaking your modem this weekend?

j

Reaction score
Sexy thing.
Going by the brand, should be more reliable than whatever the ISPs here providing.

Ah, but the other brand required to make this arrangement work, isn't more reliable than whatever other ISPs have here.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ah, but the other brand required to make this arrangement work, isn't more reliable than whatever other ISPs have here.

so vague might as well don't post sia omg.

viewqwest

Reaction score
I plan to change my gpon 2426 to bridge mode as the upgrade of the firmware overwritten the router internal ip and ports forwarding. The help desk helped me to recover my settings from my screenshots to them yesterday. Thanks much.

I have exploring the bridge mode option to prevent this from recurring. Any formers have any good recommendations of routers. My family mainly surf the net, Netflix, YouTube, Youku, Tencent, multiple Iptv, for vpn to office servers and occasionally network games. Good wifi speed essential
And which routers work best with vq. Thanks for everyone's help.

Actually the reason for this is the profile is deleted and recreated and this causes the config to be lost. Apologies for this but we have no way to save the profile and restore it.

This is a one time exercise and should not occur in the future.

When choosing a router - determine the size of coverage you need. This will determine what you need in terms of a wifi router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.