ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillapup88

Reaction score
Still down since 2/11/18 called their technical support and they say they will be doing a migration this afternoon 3-5pm after tat the line will be up.. This is quote by their staff Jay.

Anyone's VQ
still down from that day?

Bedok came up quite fast but corporate one at Toa Payoh down since that day.

Can't get through their support lines too.

Vanillapup88

Reaction score
Can complaint to imda???
If so, I will do it.. Really frustrated of their empty promises. It been almost a week and line still down.
No. Just write in or call into IMDA. Info@imda.gov.sg. Complain and show screenshots of VQ promised uptime etc

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to check/know the early termination fees ya??

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://downdetector.sg/companies

I'm trying to figure out how bad VQ really is compared to the other ISPs. Looks like all of them have their own problems. In comparison VQ doesn't seem to have too many instances, but when it goes down the whole island is affected.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Can complaint to imda???
If so, I will do it.. Really frustrated of their empty promises. It been almost a week and line still down.

Sent in two email to imda, they just say will discuss the matter with VQ and being three weeks with no reply from imda. I think it's no use via this route also.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
My internet is ok now but my one voice start acting up. I have two calls drop after few minutes on each call. I guess VQ can never get their stuffs working after every maintenance, always something broken after that.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How dare you claim that you have no issues with VQ?!
Everyone so traumatized to the point where they have to come back and whine about it after changing ISPs.

I had no downtime yesterday actually, only had some problems with my connection the day before and solved it within 1 phonecall. (Omg it didn't solve itself within 10 seconds so inefficient affected my work that have to connect through vpn to 10 different countries)

why would I say I have issues when I don't? :s11: :s8: :s22:

frankman

Reaction score
I am on VQ with my 3rd contacts ending this Dec, thinking of jumping to other provider. Recently, I found that their speed slow down a lot if you do speedtest on their connect the download speed never hit 900+ for the first few times after continue trying you may get around 800+ always with upload speed prompted error. Nowadays worst speedtest VQ ping to VQ server then can get 900+ after continue trying a few times, if ping with singtel or starhub only get half that speed. Sometime I got a feel that their system can detect you are downloading then trigger the speed they promised if not, normal surfing the most can get 200+ to 300+. Streaming online sometime can see the download speed suddenly drop.

i-Movies

Reaction score
since 2012 May, I don't have any internet down on VQ, except for the BP exchange fire.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
I am on VQ with my 3rd contacts ending this Dec, thinking of jumping to other provider. Recently, I found that their speed slow down a lot if you do speedtest on their connect the download speed never hit 900+ for the first few times after continue trying you may get around 800+ always with upload speed prompted error. Nowadays worst speedtest VQ ping to VQ server then can get 900+ after continue trying a few times, if ping with singtel or starhub only get half that speed. Sometime I got a feel that their system can detect you are downloading then trigger the speed they promised if not, normal surfing the most can get 200+ to 300+. Streaming online sometime can see the download speed suddenly drop.
Speedtest not accurate nowadays due to Adobe Flash issue !!! Check out my thread on "Speedtest Discrepancy"

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
I dunno how long VQ want to torture me, frequent DC start all over again after resting for few weeks. I guess theres no authority can fixed this ISP. With such lousy service i wonder how it still surviving.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno how long VQ want to torture me, frequent DC start all over again after resting for few weeks. I guess theres no authority can fixed this ISP. With such lousy service i wonder how it still surviving.

If it’s giving you so much problems, you should jump ship ASAP, I know I would. But other than my one voice having occasional issues, VQ internet connections have been fine for me.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
If it’s giving you so much problems, you should jump ship ASAP, I know I would. But other than my one voice having occasional issues, VQ internet connections have been fine for me.

under contract till next year, not i don't want to jump :(

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Can more people who constantly have issue write to imda? I wonder how many complaints it will take for imda to do something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.