ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerkaile

Master Member
Reaction score
With the recent outages at the Orchard exchange, I'm done with VQ after 6 years when my contract runs out in December

I've written in to seek a waiver of the 1 month's subscription for the down time.

Which ISP should I go with next if I don't game and all I'm concerned about is Netflix and torrents? :s13:

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
I started with VQ in Apr 2015 which came with termination fees due to no upfront activation charges. I remember when I recontracted in Apr 2017, in one of VQ threads, it was stated by one of the staff recontract no more termination fees as already completed the 2 yrs obligation and recontract no activation involves as well as still using the same ONT. You should try to find the thread/posts.

Did you have in writing that there is no termination fee after recontract?

My original contract started in 2014. Next recontract was in 2016 and in that contract it says 'termination fees as per previous contract'.

If it was stated in public vy VQ rep that after recontract no more termination fee applies, I very eager to see it.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Regarding disconnection fee for VQ - please take notice

To everyone who have VQ's contact starting after 2015.

If you are being told that you need to pay disconnection fee, please take a screenshot of the following message and send it to them:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/108658151-post8.html

I was told that I need to pay $134 disconnection fee 'per my contract terms' which started on 2016. I sent them above screenshot and following message

So what we have here:

- My original contact started in 2014.
- I did re-contact again in 2016.
- VQ says in 2017 and contracts started at 2016 will have no termination fee.

In your place I would consult your senior management and your legal department before replying back.

If you insist that I need to pay termination fee, I will contact CASE on this matter.

Please take your time before responding.

And today got following reply:

Sincere apologies for the misleading communication at the previous email.

As per check with the relevant department, Port disconnection fee is not applicable to you.

In order to terminate your fibernet services, just walk in to our showroom and return the modem.

So... you will get nothing if you do not do your due diligence.

deathblade82

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is ViewQuest legal address?

Need to file for CASE.

Name : VIEWQWEST PRIVATE LIMITED(n.k.a)
VQBN SERVICES PTE LTD(f.k.a)
ESDUN PTE LTD(f.k.a)

UEN :
199507067H
LIVE COMPANY
Buy Information
Address :

20 BENDEMEER ROAD #01-09 BS BENDEMEER CENTRE SINGAPORE 339914
Industry :
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE, OFFICE SUPPORT AND OTHER BUSINESS SUPPORT ACTIVITIES
Annual Return :
Last filed on 06/09/2018 for Financial Year Ending 31/12/2017
Annual General Meeting :
Last held on 21/08/2018
Financial Statements Filed :
31 Dec 2017 31 Dec 2016 31 Dec 2015

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you are being told that you need to pay disconnection fee, please take a screenshot of the following message and send it to them:

I was told that I need to pay $134 disconnection fee 'per my contract terms' which started on 2016. I sent them above screenshot and following message

Thanks for this!

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you for sharing! I will also like to add on that everyone who is reading this, better do a screenshot of that post now before it gets "removed" by VQ.

Downloader

Reaction score
Did you have in writing that there is no termination fee after recontract?

My original contract started in 2014. Next recontract was in 2016 and in that contract it says 'termination fees as per previous contract'.

If it was stated in public vy VQ rep that after recontract no more termination fee applies, I very eager to see it.

I see you found the post. My memory still good :D

espano

Reaction score

Thanks for this. Does this mean that i would need to have recontacted at least once for the disconnection fee to be waived?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Does this mean that i would need to have recontacted at least once for the disconnection fee to be waived?

My understanding is that if your contract started in 2016-2017 then (according to the post mentioned) than no disconnection fee applies.

BTW, that post should be protected. Is there a way to ask site administrator to make sure that the the post is not going to be deleted?

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same. At marine parade also down. This viewquest really suck. Think less then a month ago also have internet down issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.