HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Like Tree1564Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #5851

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I don’t believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
smileylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #5852

Don't understand this type of speed...

stop complaining. it's a bonus when your line is up. speed is secondary
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #5853

in before some smart ass comments about no SLA for consumer lines
it's the reality
Old 05-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #5854

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I donít believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
Just learnt the lesson and move on. The last thing you want is they register you with credit bureau for unpaid bill

Another way is ....instead of you waiting for their legal letter. Why not you engage a lawyer and send your legal letter on your rights!!
Old 05-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #5855
Master Member

@smileylee , refer to post #2298, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ne...65321-154.html

Over the years we've had a lot of promotions where we tested varying this setup fee. At one-time we removed it entirely from charging up-front and put it at the back of the contract - this is how this "termination fee" came to be. We kept it for a while since it seemed to be successful.

A few months ago we started to see a lot of negative feedback about this fee - so we removed it from new contracts & added a smaller one-time registration fee ($53.50) for new subscribers. Yes this does mean we're subsidising the remaining portion of the fee we used to charge.

Also beforehand i did clarify that for people who signed up a long-time ago when we had the full one-time fee charged at setup, they would not need to pay for the termination fee (even if they did re-contract during the period when this fee was part of the contract).

For current subscribers who first signed a contract with the termination fee - you can re-contract to our currently available plans and the fee will no longer apply. You do not need to pay the new registration fee either.

Hope that helps to clarify everything on this issue

-Nic

Last edited by tungsten2; 05-12-2017 at 04:54 PM..
tungsten2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #5856
Supremacy Member

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I donít believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
then ask them for the agreement form you signed. on the form it clearly states the termination fee, under one time service charges - port disconnection fee. you don't pay then go to court. then you lose your case and pay extra for their lawyer fees
Kapish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #5857
Master Member

Contract ended still need to pay termination fees?
HWZ1973 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #5858

does your VPN work? i changed to google wifi and now the VPN does not work
nebbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #5859

does your VPN work? i changed to google wifi and now the VPN does not work
Are u refering to freedom DNS? If so by right your router should automatically obtain a DNS server from your ISP (viewquest) unless Google wifi decide to use their (google) DNS server as default. There should be a way to override it manually

https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6274141?hl=en-SG

Last edited by dryteletubby; 05-12-2017 at 07:05 PM..
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #5860
Arch-Supremacy Member

nb support line hard to get through no update from noc as well knn
DeadmanINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #5861

The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.
smileylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #5862
High Supremacy Member

The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. Itís my fault that I didnít read the contract but isnít the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then donít need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.
Complain to IMDA, CASE & SCT.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #5863
Supremacy Member

The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. Itís my fault that I didnít read the contract but isnít the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then donít need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.
then wait for them to send you a letter of demand followed by writ of summons. then you can go court and said you got scammed by not reading the contract terms
Kapish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #5864

The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.
Sorry to hear this but you are not the only person who got so called "scammed"

Their show girl or sales only focus on sign up but didn't say a single word about the disconnection fee. (we know if i tell you after 2 years u must pay for disconnection fee who wanna sign up)

If the service sucks pay and move off.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #5865

Don't understand this type of speed...

For those who are getting weird speedtests, let me try to reiterate.
  • testing on gigabit lan instead of wifi?
  • disabled firewall/antivirus/security software on pc?
  • disabled router Qos settings?
  • freshly rebooted pc or freshly restarted browser?
  • closed other bandwidth hogging apps like steam/skype/torrents/etc?
  • tried other browsers safari/firefox/chrome/chromium/edge/pale moon/vivaldi/basilisk/etc etc? some browsers seem bottlenecking speedtest for some reason
  • try the flash speedtest gives faster results
  • turn off any green ethernet settings/make sure windows is on high performance plan?
  • other users on the same household using bandwidth
very often i get low speedtest results due to 1 or more of the above factors, especially the flash speedtest or left my browser open too long. i close and freshly reopen my browser or disable av/fw temporarily and my speedtest reliably goes back to 900+ mbps.

so please try some quick fixes first.

settings optimized:

antivirus and firewall disabled/torrent/steam/skype/web browser with lots of tabs already loaded/essentially breaking many of above points:

almost instantaneously my speedtest tanks really badly... so hope this helps you guys out.
AC2 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.