LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #5851

their engineer confirmed just now
what exactly did he say?
nebbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #5852
Arch-Supremacy Member

my problem and yours might not be the same

the engineer change modem also then he call back his noc troubleshooted around 1hr i overheard some vpn issue
DeadmanINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #5853
High Supremacy Member

BTW, when would VQ be implementing a simple system to check details online, such as contract start/end dates, other services that we had subscribed to, etc? MR and whizcomms alrdy have one, i dunnoe why so difficult to implement one at start sia.... Making it difficult to track account.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #5854

BTW, when would VQ be implementing a simple system to check details online, such as contract start/end dates, other services that we had subscribed to, etc? MR and whizcomms alrdy have one, i dunnoe why so difficult to implement one at start sia.... Making it difficult to track account.
They did say something like this is coming up.. But went dead again as usual. No news or update...
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #5855

Because the company is slowly dying. The last time I met one of thier service guys he shared that the staff turnover was really high. A lot of the original staff had left. Some drama going on lah. Itís obvious when you consider their non existent ďserviceĒ, unanswered calls, bull crap CSOs. Think about it. Would a company behave this way if it was healthy?
^Tripper^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #5856

Hi I want to terminate my VQ contract ended, they ask me to return the equipment and pay a $120+ termination fee despite my contract is ended.

Tell them I am not going to pay since I did not break my contract they say it’s written clearly when I signed up. Then threaten me with legal letter. Anyone know is it really written that termination is $120+
smileylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #5857

Hi I want to terminate my VQ contract ended, they ask me to return the equipment and pay a $120+ termination fee despite my contract is ended.

Tell them I am not going to pay since I did not break my contract they say itís written clearly when I signed up. Then threaten me with legal letter. Anyone know is it really written that termination is $120+

Check your Agreement. If you had not pay a lump sum to sign up VQ 2 year ago. 99% you will need to pay $120 for disconnection fee.

This is an old image. But the fee is something like this (Port Disconnection Fee $54.50) Different agreement diff fee
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #5858

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I don’t believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
smileylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #5859

Don't understand this type of speed...

stop complaining. it's a bonus when your line is up. speed is secondary
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #5860

in before some smart ass comments about no SLA for consumer lines
it's the reality
Old 05-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #5861

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I donít believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
Just learnt the lesson and move on. The last thing you want is they register you with credit bureau for unpaid bill

Another way is ....instead of you waiting for their legal letter. Why not you engage a lawyer and send your legal letter on your rights!!
Old 05-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #5862
Master Member

@smileylee , refer to post #2298, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ne...65321-154.html

Over the years we've had a lot of promotions where we tested varying this setup fee. At one-time we removed it entirely from charging up-front and put it at the back of the contract - this is how this "termination fee" came to be. We kept it for a while since it seemed to be successful.

A few months ago we started to see a lot of negative feedback about this fee - so we removed it from new contracts & added a smaller one-time registration fee ($53.50) for new subscribers. Yes this does mean we're subsidising the remaining portion of the fee we used to charge.

Also beforehand i did clarify that for people who signed up a long-time ago when we had the full one-time fee charged at setup, they would not need to pay for the termination fee (even if they did re-contract during the period when this fee was part of the contract).

For current subscribers who first signed a contract with the termination fee - you can re-contract to our currently available plans and the fee will no longer apply. You do not need to pay the new registration fee either.

Hope that helps to clarify everything on this issue

-Nic

Last edited by tungsten2; 05-12-2017 at 04:54 PM..
tungsten2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #5863
Supremacy Member

I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I donít believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing
then ask them for the agreement form you signed. on the form it clearly states the termination fee, under one time service charges - port disconnection fee. you don't pay then go to court. then you lose your case and pay extra for their lawyer fees
Kapish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #5864
Master Member

Contract ended still need to pay termination fees?
HWZ1973 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #5865

does your VPN work? i changed to google wifi and now the VPN does not work
nebbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.