ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
VQ got issue today? Internet keep get disconnect 4 times already each within 20-30min apart. LOS red light each time, reboot then back to normal but seems very unstable.

Tried to call their hotline and really useless, keep get voice msg that they are busy BYE..... damn

Hey toshiro. Iirc u are early days vq subscriber also.

Perfect example again of how crap vq is when u really need them.

At least on m1 if u call customer service they're always available

maomao82

Reaction score
You can go to viewqwest website to check.

The $24.90 is only applicable for the 1st 4 months.

when try to sign up, visit checking the details discrepancy.

Did VQ try to pull a fast one???

https://signup.viewqwest.com/freedom

8xfzMxx.png

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My MR $39.90 contract ending soon, sourcing around and yesterday saw the tech show promo, search here and see that VQ has 'issues'.....

But I don't understand all the difference with VQ $24.99 pla-n, freedom plan and whatever Max plan (also at same price)...so confusing. So they 'rent' you the router and after 2 years got to return or pay penalty?

Went to see the M1 500Mbps plan at $29.90, but add in the installation fee $54++ end up not so attractive too....

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My MR $39.90 contract ending soon, sourcing around and yesterday saw the tech show promo, search here and see that VQ has 'issues'.....

But I don't understand all the difference with VQ $24.99 pla-n, freedom plan and whatever Max plan (also at same price)...so confusing. So they 'rent' you the router and after 2 years got to return or pay penalty?

Went to see the M1 500Mbps plan at $29.90, but add in the installation fee $54++ end up not so attractive too....
Max plan = Internet only
Freedom plan = Internet + freedom dns

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

giraffey

Reaction score

- I don't think VQ is $24.99 for 24 months. It seems only for a few months (3-4months). Its a very unethical marketing tactic. Regardless, M1 and Whizzcomms would certainly be cheaper.
- WIth regards to the different plans, the difference is on the router you are getting. Sometimes, it is a good deal if you are looking for one or when you intent to use it to resell.

maomao82

Reaction score
- I don't think VQ is $24.99 for 24 months. It seems only for a few months (3-4months). Its a very unethical marketing tactic. Regardless, M1 and Whizzcomms would certainly be cheaper.
- WIth regards to the different plans, the difference is on the router you are getting. Sometimes, it is a good deal if you are looking for one or when you intent to use it to resell.

I juz realise VQ does not support digital voice number porting from my current M1... which this number is frequent is used by my parents & elderly relative

Dont understand why they cant support , even MRP they allowing porting:s11:

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I juz realise VQ does not support digital voice number porting from my current M1... which this number is frequent is used by my parents & elderly relative

I think their backend equipment cant handle the requirement. If i remember correctly you can't port out VQ number to M1/SH/ ST also.

Last edited:

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

Cause they're a Sham premium isp. Not premium at all

gabrielkfr

Reaction score
Have option to recontract:

For Nighthawk RAX40 / Asus RT-AX56U
($37.90 x 12) + ($49.90 x 12) = $1053.60

For Netgear R6260
($34.50 x 12) + ($42.50 x 12) = $924

Difference of $129.60 for $90 difference in RRP for router, just go with the cheaper one? Want to future proof but not many wifi 6 device in the house atm

Edit: Seems like many bad reviews for the Nighthawk...

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Have option to recontract:

For Nighthawk RAX40 / Asus RT-AX56U
($37.90 x 12) + ($49.90 x 12) = $1053.60

For Netgear R6260
($34.50 x 12) + ($42.50 x 12) = $924

Difference of $129.60 for $90 difference in RRP for router, just go with the cheaper one? Want to future proof but not many wifi 6 device in the house atm

Wanna future proof? Get a mesh instead. Don't need wifi 6 for internet speeds anyway.

Want less outages? Switch to other isp

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I haven’t had much problems with them for the last 4 years. They also waived my relocation fee once

However seeing all the complaints here I feel like changing isp when my plan ends in 2 weeks.. haha

DriftKing

Reaction score
Actually I haven’t had much problems with them for the last 4 years. They also waived my relocation fee once

However seeing all the complaints here I feel like changing isp when my plan ends in 2 weeks.. haha

Do report back if things improved if you move out!

But if there's no problem... nothing to improve?:s22:

So far I see any other ISP is as good a chance as staying in VQ. If VQ works, you're exposing yourself to unknown risk from other ISP.

But then, if price is right, definitely will move out

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do report back if things improved if you move out!

But if there's no problem... nothing to improve?:s22:

So far I see any other ISP is as good a chance as staying in VQ. If VQ works, you're exposing yourself to unknown risk from other ISP.

But then, if price is right, definitely will move out

Throw in the mix, if you're on mobile phone and its the same and the ISP for your home, get another Fiber ISP different from yorus =:p:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.