ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1) It is already the latest firmware download and upgrade from ASUS.

2) The onsite technician came to my place 2 days ago and he verified its factory firmware.

3) Did the usual remove of power plug on both items (router and modem)

4) Onsite technician verified that it's the setting issue at backend

5) 2 days later which is today, same thing happening again.

Hence, this is not a firmware issue.

What router you using?
Those using ac1200g+ i can verify the router had defect that can give you crash, cannot retrieve wan ip, dhcp error, speed limit <300 was because of the firmware issue. If you have the latest already from the website, it's probably vq issue.. but u cannot trust vq words lol.

They came down my place like 5 times, then say backend issue everything but in the end is the router got defect which i told them before they even came down n check. But the engineer on phone stubborn say all the stuff they provide are compatible, if they took what i said as a possibility they could save their $$ alr.

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What router you using?
Those using ac1200g+ i can verify the router had defect that can give you crash, cannot retrieve wan ip, dhcp error, speed limit <300 was because of the firmware issue. If you have the latest already from the website, it's probably vq issue.. but u cannot trust vq words lol.

They came down my place like 5 times, then say backend issue everything but in the end is the router got defect which i told them before they even came down n check. But the engineer on phone stubborn say all the stuff they provide are compatible, if they took what i said as a possibility they could save their $$ alr.

signed up 2 weeks with ASUS router RT88 with $88 during the last IT show (3 months ago). The installation took place in 5th July 2016.

SaruwatariShun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly this, it is ridiculous not to test a router with your own network before giving it to your customers because most people want to sign an all in one package, so we don't need to find a router that is compatible with the network.
You expect them to open up every sealed boxes to test each and every set of routers? Then send you the router with unsealed box? If it's software issues, i understand, but hardware issues? Still need to depend on the source, which is not VQ.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To determine the fault line, I suggest you use Singtel DNS and try like i Did.

Connection is stable with Singtel DNS, but now VQ. Hence, the conclusion is not the hardware/cable.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You expect them to open up every sealed boxes to test each and every set of routers? Then send you the router with unsealed box? If it's software issues, i understand, but hardware issues? Still need to depend on the source, which is not VQ.

What are you talking about???? If you do read carefully and followed my previous posts i am saying every router of that model has issues, you can replace that router 100 time and face the same issue, because the problem lies particularly with that model.

If you are the ISP you won't test the AC1200G+ before including it in the bundle and giving it to new customers?

ViewQwest IS the one sourcing the router to us, so they have the responsibility. It is not like the bundle are two items that are not related.
The internet is bundled with a router and a there is a high chance that new customers will use the router with the network they signed up in the bundle.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
To determine the fault line, I suggest you use Singtel DNS and try like i Did.

Connection is stable with Singtel DNS, but now VQ. Hence, the conclusion is not the hardware/cable.

i determined the problem long ago, but the engineer on phone said don't have that issue, i suspected that the issue that was in every piece of AC1200G+.
The issue solved with firmware update that was released only after 2 months of suffering, intermittent network and 1/3 speed of what i signed up for, one update solved everything.

VQ did not even bother doing anything after finding out that router got issue, they still continue to include in the bundle to all their customers.

Their solution to me was, upgrade to a better router, means i need to PAY THEM even more when they don't even bother compensate me for me not being able to use their internet properly for two plus months.

Xaviourz

Reaction score
Any reason why?

1G line:

5655815631.png

Reseated all the lan cables (they're brand new).
Try to disable ur antivirus or firewall

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any reason why?

1G line:

5655815631.png

Reseated all the lan cables (they're brand new).

i got this issue before too, if you using ac1200g+ the problem might be what i mentioned above. else should be other issues.

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
oM1iSBF.jpg

Hi all, I just got my 2Gbps plan installed, but the speeds I'm getting seem stuck at 1Gbps as above.

Asked my friends and they said I would need to run another ethernet cable from my PC to the router to get 2Gbps. Thing is, my mobo only has 1 ethernet port. Does this mean a trip to the hardware shops for a LAN expansion card?

Ghostrider333

Reaction score
oM1iSBF.jpg

Hi all, I just got my 2Gbps plan installed, but the speeds I'm getting seem stuck at 1Gbps as above.

Asked my friends and they said I would need to run another ethernet cable from my PC to the router to get 2Gbps. Thing is, my mobo only has 1 ethernet port. Does this mean a trip to the hardware shops for a LAN expansion card?

You are subscribed to single or multi-network plan? 2Gbps using the zhone or the other VQ router/modem is not really 2Gbps as the max port speed is still 1Gbps. You just get total bandwidth of 2Gbps. Eg. 2pc each with 1Gbps max. Even the multi-network doesn't go beyond 2Gbps except for the speedtest with the mikrotik router. :s8:

SaruwatariShun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oM1iSBF.jpg

Depending on which set up you chose during the sign up. http://www.viewqwest.com/vqlp/2gbps-faq/

D6GJ3V1l.png

As you can see from the image, yes you need a NIC that supports dual-port GIGABIT.

Last edited:

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, just spoke with VQ tech support. They are experiencing an outage. Mine is Ayer Rajah exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.