WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

OmegaLeadR

Reaction score
Anyone holding out their current broadband contract until the CEE?

My contract with MR is up in June so I thinking of changing - MR's recontract plans not attractive leh; whizcomms no frills plan looks more attractive

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone holding out their current broadband contract until the CEE?

My contract with MR is up in June so I thinking of changing - MR's recontract plans not attractive leh; whizcomms no frills plan looks more attractive

Last recontract 1.5 years ago MR offered me 5 free months. What did you get? Did you check with them the without contract rate?

Posted from PCWX using ...
On The Road To 10,888 Posts! Jia You!! 💪💪💪!!!

OmegaLeadR

Reaction score
Last recontract 1.5 years ago MR offered me 5 free months. What did you get? Did you check with them the without contract rate?

yah the non-contract is 59.90 monthly, and the rest of the packages all come with some freebies; all i'm looking for is an internet-only package.

granted, most of their packages are discounted, but only for 10 months; anything after that will be reverted back to the usual price.

unfortunate lah, but it is time to give the newcomers a chance like we did them.

joblander

Reaction score
I dunno why u guys love ont. With onr i can put my wireless router on the middle of the house(save cost).you can google to the default password of the huawei onr and do whatever config you like.

My connection is like opennet terminal->huawei onr(by whizzcom)->4 port to the hdb patch pannel->wireless router which is connected from 1 of the port from hdb patch panel.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Is that only for HDB ? I'm currently going to rent a relative new condo (Completed in 2016), i'm keen to sign up with whizzcom.

I not sure if i should choose ONR or ONT.

Also i have a asus rt-ac1200g+, do i need the router plan or nofrill plan (so i can i re use the router).

https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/promotions/freeclmv/

Basically i just hope that i can re use my asus rt-ac1200g+ and go with nofrill plan, but i also need advice if which setup (ONR or ONT) can make it set a wider coverage of the house.

Thanks all in advice

leo0o0

Reaction score
Hi, am considering signing up for WC. For the bundled digital home line for WC, which port do you all use for the ONT/ONR?

Am thinking of requesting for ONT mode but wondering if there's any differences in support for the digital line in either modes.

QQQ007

Reaction score
Anybody using 500mbps? Is it good enough for 6-10 wireless connection at any time? Their ceeshow19 looks attractive.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, am considering signing up for WC. For the bundled digital home line for WC, which port do you all use for the ONT/ONR?

Am thinking of requesting for ONT mode but wondering if there's any differences in support for the digital line in either modes.
decided to switch over from my m1 500mbps to WC 1GB plan. just pay 3 bucks more haha

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm...today lagging with upload speed less than 100...:s22:
14y0a9y.jpg

Anybody using 500mbps? Is it good enough for 6-10 wireless connection at any time? Their ceeshow19 looks attractive.
wireless connection rely on the router for stable performance.
500mbps is enough unless u re massive climbing/streaming.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah the non-contract is 59.90 monthly, and the rest of the packages all come with some freebies; all i'm looking for is an internet-only package.

granted, most of their packages are discounted, but only for 10 months; anything after that will be reverted back to the usual price.

unfortunate lah, but it is time to give the newcomers a chance like we did them.

Maybe you can contact them over chat for recontract offer. The 10 months lower rate which you see on their website is for new account. For my last recontract, I was given 5 free months which is worth much more than 10 months of lower rate. They should have sent you email for recontract as well.

qualcom

Reaction score
Is that only for HDB ? I'm currently going to rent a relative new condo (Completed in 2016), i'm keen to sign up with whizzcom.

I not sure if i should choose ONR or ONT.

Also i have a asus rt-ac1200g+, do i need the router plan or nofrill plan (so i can i re use the router).

https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/promotions/freeclmv/

Basically i just hope that i can re use my asus rt-ac1200g+ and go with nofrill plan, but i also need advice if which setup (ONR or ONT) can make it set a wider coverage of the house.

Thanks all in advice

You can use your existing asus router. If you feel it's not sufficient for you, you can get a brand new linksys ac2600 on carousel for around $50 which is better than what you'll get with their basic router plan. I did exactly that.

Onr vs ont depends on whether you have specific configuration requirements... DDNS static ips etc...

tribalhere

Reaction score
My M1 contract will be up in Aug this year. Currently I’m on 1gbps but would like to downgrade to 500mbps. According to M1. There will be a charges if I downgrade. So am considering switching to WC. Would like to have advise is it worth to switch to WC interns of monthly payment and is the connection speed fast. Mainly I’m using the internet for normal surfing and some tv box movie.

minimalis

Reaction score
My M1 contract will be up in Aug this year. Currently I’m on 1gbps but would like to downgrade to 500mbps. According to M1. There will be a charges if I downgrade. So am considering switching to WC. Would like to have advise is it worth to switch to WC interns of monthly payment and is the connection speed fast. Mainly I’m using the internet for normal surfing and some tv box movie.

I'm in the same situation, except that my contract ends 1 June. Thinking of Whizcomm also for 1GBPS for $32, which is a very attractive offer (save almost $200 over 24 months). M1's recontract offer isn't too attractive, in fact I don't think they offer anything extra as compared to a new signup. Now M1's reliability is also questionable with the recent outage.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can contact them over chat for recontract offer. The 10 months lower rate which you see on their website is for new account. For my last recontract, I was given 5 free months which is worth much more than 10 months of lower rate. They should have sent you email for recontract as well.

Ok, I chatted with them regarding recontract and the current offer is the same as that for new subs. Not attractive then.

qdllxI2.jpg

OmegaLeadR

Reaction score

yah the package in the mailer is the same as the info on the website. maybe they wised up to the 5-month-free already then decided not to give it anymore.

anyway, i saw the brochure on whizcomms at CEE - damn attractive sia. now the only problem i have is to cancel the MR contract and start the new one with WC.

rajeev3001

Reaction score

I switched from singtel 1 Gbps to Whizcomms 500 Mbps few weeks ago. I didn't notice any difference at all, which is not surprising because the underlying connection of whizcomms is singtel anyways. It's very stable and fast for my use cases (similar to yours)

500 Mpbs is more than enough for any household.. 1 Gbps is just a marketing gimmick in my opinion.. nobody can really utilize 1 Gbps.
A 4K video stream requires around 25 Mbps max.. so imagine how many users you need at home to fully use even a 500 mbps connection.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sianz i think my outside optical fiber network cable break again..... even my singtel also same upload speed. :s22:
14y0a9y.jpg

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sianz i think my outside optical fiber network cable break again..... even my singtel also same upload speed. :s22:
14y0a9y.jpg

Ookla web based testing the upload speed result is currently bugged. Their app is working correctly. Go download their app and run the test and you should see the correct upload speeds.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.