[Official] Chromebook SG

generalwu

Reaction score
@xolatw You can try this chrome extension (Link: here)

@Swordsman Are you referring to gallium OS or ChromeOS?

With gallium OS you can download pretty much any player that supports Linux.
With ChromeOS you can try VLC App, but not so stable the last time I use.

Also the codec used in the video is important too. If using hard to decode stuff then the average Chromebook will slutter. Hence I always opt for fast processor Chromebook model. =:p

generalwu

Reaction score
@xolatw Nice, direct or thru forwarder?

@blengend If i'm not wrong they've certain products that can be shipped directly from them. (Link: here)

If not you can always use forwarders (e.g. Ezbuy).
Create a account with the forwarder, use the forwarder's address in Amazon and ship your products to their location.
Once they've received your package, they'll notify you thru their portal which then you made payment to them and they'll ship your goods.

Hope this helps. :D

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you guys hoot? The seller dont have international shipping

i got 5 chromebook
1st one got from starhub contract
after that never look back
the 4 rest all hoot from amazon(when there good deal)
some models on amazon they will ship to spore with free shipping or paid shipping
the best chromebook i used til now is the Acer Chromebook 15, nice screen and feel fast
only thing is the 15'' size which too large for some people to carry around

xolatw

Reaction score
Used forwarder Haha. Seems like too good a deal not to buy

@xolatw Nice, direct or thru forwarder?

@blengend If i'm not wrong they've certain products that can be shipped directly from them. (Link: here)

If not you can always use forwarders (e.g. Ezbuy).
Create a account with the forwarder, use the forwarder's address in Amazon and ship your products to their location.
Once they've received your package, they'll notify you thru their portal which then you made payment to them and they'll ship your goods.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That has a really shitty screen. wouldn't pay more than $200 for that. It has 20% bad reviews because it doesnt last 1 year. and Asus laptop isn't a premium brand. They break down easily compared to other brands.

You should have paid more and buy Acer 15!

generalwu

Reaction score
@cannotliao Lol, 5 Chromebook? You're the boss liao. I only got 2 nia. My first one already from Amazon without international shipping. Didn't know back then we had Chromebook in SG.

My favourite Chromebook is my Dell Chromebook 11 (2014 Version). It has >10K Octane Score which mean it's fast. :D

@xolatw gxgx, enjoy your hoot when it arrives, I'm sure you won't regret. :D

@eikooc Aww... That's not a really a good deal but nonetheless just enjoy it.

@yusoffb01 I agree that most common ASUS Chromebook has a bad rep with builds. My ASUS Chromebook's battery broke down on me with only months of usage.

There's a website that lists down all Chromebook and it's available specs.
(Link: here)
I think it's very useful in choosing your Chromebook.

Hope this helps. :s22:

generalwu

Reaction score
@yusoffb01

Ah, good to know that! Thankfully, I managed to cancel the order before it ships.

How about this one then (Samsung Chromebook 3)?

4112yZZu8PL.jpg

@eikooc Check my last post, I have attached a link which have all launched Chromebook and its specs. This can help you locate the best Chromebook possible.

Also do you have a budget for your purchase? If so, what is the max before calculating the shipping cost.

Any specific requirement do you have for your Chromebook? Screen size?

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@yusoffb01

Ah, good to know that! Thankfully, I managed to cancel the order before it ships.

How about this one then (Samsung Chromebook 3)?

4112yZZu8PL.jpg

I think the next gen of chromebooks should be able to run android apps and preferable with touchscreen.

You may save money getting old models but lose out on performance and functionality (Android apps are really useful)

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using blackboard collaborate on chromebooks? Does it work?

I'm wondering since it can run android apps now, it might work? 😀

generalwu

Reaction score
@jeffrey745 I've no idea, I do not use the app before. According to this website, it does not at least for the regular ones. (Link: here)

The only way to know is to test it personally which I can't as my chromebook does not support apps.

Jerome8

Reaction score
You can use Amazon Global to ship Chromebook directly, just that the selection might be a little.
(Link: here)

FYI, Both ASUS C302 and Samsung Chromebook plus is on Amazon Global now. :D

If I purchase Samsung chromebook plus from Amazon, can I charge it with my own 3 pin UK plug without frying it? Does the chromebook come with dual voltage/frequency capability?

generalwu

Reaction score
If I purchase Samsung chromebook plus from Amazon, can I charge it with my own 3 pin UK plug without frying it? Does the chromebook come with dual voltage/frequency capability?

Hi, Yup you can. Both of my Chromebooks are from Amazon and it's been fine since day one.

To be safe you'll need to check the label on the charger to see if it supports our voltage but to be fair most laptop chargers nowadays have support.

Refer to this site for a more detail explanation (Link: here)

Cheers :D

Jerome8

Reaction score
Hi, Yup you can. Both of my Chromebooks are from Amazon and it's been fine since day one.

To be safe you'll need to check the label on the charger to see if it supports our voltage but to be fair most laptop chargers nowadays have support.

Refer to this site for a more detail explanation (Link: here)

Cheers :D

Wow thanks! The chromebook plus itself able to support 220-240v? I got 2 sets of chargers with usb type a to type c cables (courtesy of note 7 exchanges). Can i use these chargers to charge the chromebook plus?

generalwu

Reaction score
Wow thanks! The chromebook plus itself able to support 220-240v? I got 2 sets of chargers with usb type a to type c cables (courtesy of note 7 exchanges). Can i use these chargers to charge the chromebook plus?

Hi, I do not have the Samsung Chromebook Plus so I can't say for sure, but for my Chromebooks they do and I would assume they would do for Samsung Chromebook too.

Logically speaking, since laptops are made for travelling around the world it would be wise for the manufacturer to made that as an feature required for any product they sell.

I highly doubt those normal USB charger can power up your laptops. You would require something else that can provide more ampere & voltage for the Chromebook.

I would suggest that you can just bite the bullet. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.