www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   [Review] ASUS VivoBook S14 battery test: Can it really last 24 hours? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/%5Breview%5D-asus-vivobook-s14-battery-test-can-really-last-24-hours-6049093.html)

HWZ Editorial 22-05-2019 03:50 PM

[Review] ASUS VivoBook S14 battery test: Can it really last 24 hours?
 
Can the new VivoBook S14ís battery really last an entire day? We find out.

View full story here...

wtfh4x 22-05-2019 05:27 PM

So does it last 24 hours or not? Ask the question then at the end still not answered.

chaiscool 22-05-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfh4x (Post 120914565)
So does it last 24 hours or not? Ask the question then at the end still not answered.

Didnít the article say the test result was only 5hr+ compared to lg 8hrs.

wtfh4x 22-05-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaiscool (Post 120915932)
Didnít the article say the test result was only 5hr+ compared to lg 8hrs.

Still doesn't answer the question though does it? Doesn't even state if the LG Gram lasted 24 hours so it's a pointless comparison imo. Without an answer yes or no the article is pretty much clickbait.

chaiscool 22-05-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfh4x (Post 120917385)
Still doesn't answer the question though does it? Doesn't even state if the LG Gram lasted 24 hours so it's a pointless comparison imo. Without an answer yes or no the article is pretty much clickbait.

EILI5 - asus claim 24hrs due to battery capacity 72wh. Test show its only 5hrs and also made comparison to another laptop with similar capacity but found that LG perform better. Hence, possible difference be due to screen tech.

wtfh4x 24-05-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaiscool (Post 120919902)
EILI5 - asus claim 24hrs due to battery capacity 72wh. Test show its only 5hrs and also made comparison to another laptop with similar capacity but found that LG perform better. Hence, possible difference be due to screen tech.

My point being the 24 hour thing is just for Asus and can be tested independently. By comparing the 5.5 hour and the 8 hour only serves to tell us that it's worse than the LG, it does not tell us whether it can really do 24 hour because the LG wasn't tested for 24 hour either.

Perhaps a more suitable test would be to charge the Asus to full, install Batterybar, do light productivity tasks for an hour, see how much capacity is drained then extrapolate the results to see how many hours it would last.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.