HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Acer Swift 3 54G - RAM upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #1

Acer Swift 3 54G - RAM upgrade

Hi, I have an acer swift 3 54G with 8GB RAM bought at Courts few months back (still under warranty), is it possible to upgrade the RAM to say 16GB for this model?
I tried to google around and got mixed answer, some say can (with tutorial) and some say cannot (soldered), I suspect probably different country got different model.

Anyone has experience upgrading it before?
certainsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I have an acer swift 3 54G with 8GB RAM bought at Courts few months back (still under warranty), is it possible to upgrade the RAM to say 16GB for this model?
I tried to google around and got mixed answer, some say can (with tutorial) and some say cannot (soldered), I suspect probably different country got different model.

Anyone has experience upgrading it before?
Yes u could. U can email acer to confirm if there is a ram slot for the book or not. However my understanding not all 54G has a ram slot. U need to be more specific on which 54G.

Mine have. I swapped the 4GB+8GB to 16GB+8GB

8gb is soldered

Last edited by batniss; 14-06-2019 at 06:51 AM..
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.