www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

chiaRH 17-05-2013 01:04 PM

I doubt it's AA-related since the default global setting in my nvidia control panel is set to application-controlled AA.

I've also just discovered the flickering strangely exists in one very peculiar scenario outside Skype as well. After running the BisonCap program to see if I could troubleshoot, I found that if the video output is specifically set to 1280 by 720 and the format is set to MJPEG, flickering will occur.

Aftershock PC 17-05-2013 01:11 PM

Hi ChiaRH.

The user was stating Nvidia AA settings as one possible cause. I'm pretty sure he is just stating a general list of possible causes related to the nvidia control panel to explain his proposed solution. The user below his post did however state that this resolved it for him.

As you had inquired on the webcam before this, my guess is that you've used the webcam before without this issue on skype. Can you confirm if this occurred before the skype update?

*Just tested on skype version 6.3.0.107 and Nvidia 314.07 drivers. The issue does not occur with these drivers and application versions. (Could you drop me a PM with your skype and vid driver vesions?)

My suggestion then is that if you have a specific issue. you take take it down for us to help you troubleshoot. Do drop us a PM if you require assistance.

gyver1985 18-05-2013 12:55 AM

what's the difference between the X17 and XM 17?????

Aftershock PC 18-05-2013 01:09 AM

Hey gyver1985,

The X17 uses MXM3 graphics cards . Top end cards are usually in the MXM3 format , such as the 7970m, 680m and 675m. The system also has a different and larger chassis from the x17, to accomodate these cards and the associated cooling systems( 2 fans instead of 1 in the xm17.).

The X17 also features a 2.1 sound system as compared to the XM17's 2.0, and support for up to 32GB of ram. (The XM17 supports up to 24GB.)

There are plenty of other small differences, but the major factor is the GPU support for most gaming consumers. Do drop us a PM if you have any questions.

Swordsman 22-05-2013 02:30 AM

waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn and Witcher 3 to released before buying a gaming laptop to fully max those graphics.. :o

now buy its way too early. :o

watzup_ken 22-05-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordsman (Post 76462894)
waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn and Witcher 3 to released before buying a gaming laptop to fully max those graphics.. :o

now buy its way too early. :o

I think even now, most graphic solutions out there are having difficulties running Witcher 2 at max settings. If I not mistaken, even a single GTX680 for desktop will struggle in this game at max setting. :s13:

Swordsman 22-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 76464503)
I think even now, most graphic solutions out there are having difficulties running Witcher 2 at max settings. If I not mistaken, even a single GTX680 for desktop will struggle in this game at max setting. :s13:

something wrong with the game eg. poorly optimized or laptop gaming couldn't keep it up ?

just saw witcher got this feature super sampling that can bring the even best pc to its knees. lol

watzup_ken 22-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordsman (Post 76465823)
something wrong with the game eg. poorly optimized or laptop gaming couldn't keep it up ?

just saw witcher got this feature super sampling that can bring the even best pc to its knees. lol

Yes, that was what I meant. ;) I don't deny there might be something wrong with the implementation that poses a big challenge for most graphic cards. :s13:

Swordsman 23-05-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 76484222)
Yes, that was what I meant. ;) I don't deny there might be something wrong with the implementation that poses a big challenge for most graphic cards. :s13:

i fear what witcher 3 and dragon age 3 max requirements.

think will need next generation processor and next generation dual graphic cards to run max settings smoothly.

watzup_ken 23-05-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordsman (Post 76492406)
i fear what witcher 3 and dragon age 3 max requirements.

think will need next generation processor and next generation dual graphic cards to run max settings smoothly.

I usually won't recommend dual graphics since the scaling is not that well in most games. It is most annoying when SLI or Crossfire don't work in some games due to driver limitation. I rather just get a single high end graphics and be happy with it. =:p

Anyway, my take is hoot first, worry later man. Haha. The wait will never be over if you are concerned about whether your current hardware can run game titles sometime down the road. ;)

watzup_ken 23-05-2013 11:47 PM

Anyway, just took the plunge and bought an X17, which I picked up last week. Kudos to Marcus and team for the great service. The laptop is awesome. Too bad I have limited time to use it this week. Spent most of my time at work, even on PH like tomorrow. :s22:

chiaRH 25-05-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 76513474)
Anyway, just took the plunge and bought an X17, which I picked up last week. Kudos to Marcus and team for the great service. The laptop is awesome. Too bad I have limited time to use it this week. Spent most of my time at work, even on PH like tomorrow. :s22:

I still remember I collected mine in the middle of my exam period last November. Would've waited till exams ended but wanted to take advantage of the SITEX promotions back then, hence the timing of my order and collection.

Honestly if I could wait long term (but I didn't want to, as I wasn't sure how longer my G73 would last) I might have even waited till this year when the Haswell-generation notebooks are out.

Aftershock PC 26-05-2013 03:53 AM

Thanks for the kind words ken, Glad your enjoying the system :)

watzup_ken 26-05-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiaRH (Post 76544670)
I still remember I collected mine in the middle of my exam period last November. Would've waited till exams ended but wanted to take advantage of the SITEX promotions back then, hence the timing of my order and collection.

Honestly if I could wait long term (but I didn't want to, as I wasn't sure how longer my G73 would last) I might have even waited till this year when the Haswell-generation notebooks are out.

No worries man. You've purchased it, so no point looking back. Just enjoy it man. To be honest, I don't expect Haswell to improve CPU performance tremendously, so I am not too concerned. ;)

chiaRH 26-05-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 76569907)
No worries man. You've purchased it, so no point looking back. Just enjoy it man. To be honest, I don't expect Haswell to improve CPU performance tremendously, so I am not too concerned. ;)

haha its the so-called "greatest generation-to-generation improvement in battery life" that more interests me. Well that and maybe the audio in the P150SM.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.