HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Like Tree598Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #3586

Any idea if s-series gonna get gtx1070???
WoShiNiDeCrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #3587
Suspended

Hi, want to buy the S-17. May I know If there are still secondary HHD slots that i never use during the purchase, possible for me to put in my own HHD from my previous laptop as spare data storage?

Will affect warranty?
Hi sir,

it is indeed possible to insert your own drives. we can also do it for you, foc.
Aftershock PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #3588
Master Member

Any upcoming promotions?
Old 16-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #3589

Hey acefire, Please stick to the previous verison of the drivers for now, once theres a driver update from our end, we'll be listing it up.
Just wondering, any ETA on the new drivers? Clevo recently released a "new" driver but it's the 362.09 driver. For now, I'm sticking to manufacturer drivers as the drivers from Nvidia occasionally cause crashes on my laptop under hal.dll .

These problems vanished completely when I'm back to manufacturer drivers.

Quite keen to get updated drivers as the 362.09 driver won't let me play some games such as Forza.

Side note, I think the driver links on your website are broken?

ftp://132.147.81.154/Drivers/System/...Win10_FULL.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
acefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #3590
Master Member

Need some advise from the pros here. My stupid lenovo Y500 died on me... but honestly its a lousy laptop. Performance wise fail in terms of loading so I don't even wanna repair it le. I guess time to look at a new lappy and Aftershock seems not bad de.

I'll be using the laptop for the below:

1. Moderate gaming ~ mostly dota and wow but would like to play some newer games at medium graphic settings
2. Moderate Photo editing ~ lightroom
3. General usage ~ web surfing

What would be a good model and recommendation for me? I read about simi SSD bay etc... honestly I don't really understand. I hope this laptop will be no more than 15" and also, boot up and load fast. I assume need to have SSD drive for this? Then means need a secondary HDD drive? BTW, budget hopefully around 1.8k max preferred. I can stretch till 3k if need be but I don't think my requirements are extremely high. Just want something functional to use. Will almost never bring it out too de so weight is not really a huge factor.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 17-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #3591

Need some advise from the pros here. My stupid lenovo Y500 died on me... but honestly its a lousy laptop. Performance wise fail in terms of loading so I don't even wanna repair it le. I guess time to look at a new lappy and Aftershock seems not bad de.

I'll be using the laptop for the below:

1. Moderate gaming ~ mostly dota and wow but would like to play some newer games at medium graphic settings
2. Moderate Photo editing ~ lightroom
3. General usage ~ web surfing

What would be a good model and recommendation for me? I read about simi SSD bay etc... honestly I don't really understand. I hope this laptop will be no more than 15" and also, boot up and load fast. I assume need to have SSD drive for this? Then means need a secondary HDD drive? BTW, budget hopefully around 1.8k max preferred. I can stretch till 3k if need be but I don't think my requirements are extremely high. Just want something functional to use. Will almost never bring it out too de so weight is not really a huge factor.

Many thanks in advance.
SM-15 seems to be perfect build for you given your requirements and price range. Do check it out.
acefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #3592
Master Member

Well I popped by Aftershock office this afternoon. Met a nice chap, Evan that didn't attempt to upsell me anything. Just listened to what I wanted, gave some opinion based on his experience of my choices and assisted me to select the config I wanted. He even tried to accommodate my schedules to have mine set up as soon as he can when he learnt of my dead laptop situation. Awesome service.

I hope the SM-15 works well for me. Was almost tempted to pay 300 diff for the S14. Haha!
Old 18-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #3593
Master Member

Well I popped by Aftershock office this afternoon. Met a nice chap, Evan that didn't attempt to upsell me anything. Just listened to what I wanted, gave some opinion based on his experience of my choices and assisted me to select the config I wanted. He even tried to accommodate my schedules to have mine set up as soon as he can when he learnt of my dead laptop situation. Awesome service.

I hope the SM-15 works well for me. Was almost tempted to pay 300 diff for the S14. Haha!
what stopped you from getting the s14?
villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #3594
Master Member

what stopped you from getting the s14?
300 bucks. Haha!

I just tried to stick to my budget lah.
Healin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 10:00 PM   #3595
Supremacy Member

Actually we are letting go of one sm-15 and one s-17 display set (sm-15 is a media review unit) Do pm if your interested.

For the users who have been pming us on the forums, we are now able to recieve pms again. Also, to the user who had pmed us previously regarding a price revision, please do pm again as we no longer have your previous message.
sign of the GTX1070 on laptop coming soon
hohohos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #3596
Master Member

anyone can comment on the built quality of S-15/S-14?
villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #3597
Supremacy Member

anyone can comment on the built quality of S-15/S-14?
It's based on the clevo line.

Clevo P460RE

Got a good amount of followers , die hard followers actually. So it should be pretty good.
LesterQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #3598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

sign of the GTX1070 on laptop coming soon
Like this

http://videocardz.com/61927/asus-rog...-for-notebooks
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #3599

Hi.

Hi i'm a student and i'm interested in buying online.
Is there chance for any voucher code or coupons i can use during the checkout?

Last edited by xyphre1314; 04-08-2016 at 08:45 PM..
xyphre1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #3600

More like THIS bro: CLEVO P870DM2-G (first seen at Computex 2016) installed with NVidia GeForce GTX1070 GPU

For the uninformed, Aftershock's TITAN Series is based on CLEVO's P870DM Chassis.

I'm also looking at the SM-15 as a potential successor for my 5.5-year-old ailing Dell XPS 15 Gen1. The obstacle: GTX1060 6GB Notebook GPU Availability (which is "theoretically" 250% the performance of the 965M 4GB GPU), since it becomes the only laptop left in their notebook range that has an in-built ODD (the M-15v2 has that removed already). And btw, in case you didn't know, the m.2 SSD (the chip-based Solid State Drive) is a popular option for gamers and performance users to install their Windows 10 inside as their main OS, leaving their main storage HDD (Gaming Laptops usually will have a m.2 SSD + HDD Combination as standard configuration) purely for files, and boosting their Operating System loading speed as a result, similar to ultra-thin devices that only has space for a Solid State Drive as their primary storage.

Last edited by Tsurugi_Matsuda; 06-08-2016 at 08:24 PM..
Tsurugi_Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.