HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AFTERSHOCK PC – Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Like Tree598Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2019, 07:49 PM   #5086

Thank you for all that! Good to know, I guess for the rest is down to personal preference then.

Hmm.. I wasn't given that option, maybe because it's more expensive than the Apex..?
Try asking for it. You'll have to top up the difference tho.

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT
Avolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #5087

Has anybody ordered the Nova 15?

I ordered it but was told that they have some issues with it so my order had to be delayed till next week.

Not sure if it's affecting my unit, or the series as a whole since they found an anomaly.
crapp0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #5088

I don’t have to prove anything to you.

You are the one who who has never overclocked a laptop GPU.

The truth is out there.

Just Google it and you will see how out of touch with overclocking reality you live in.
He didn't ask you to prove it....
Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #5089
Supremacy Member

Has anybody ordered the Nova 15?

I ordered it but was told that they have some issues with it so my order had to be delayed till next week.

Not sure if it's affecting my unit, or the series as a whole since they found an anomaly.
Just do not expect them to deliver on time, if they do good for you but manage your expectation.
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #5090

Just do not expect them to deliver on time, if they do good for you but manage your expectation.
They told me that I could collect it on Saturday, so I called them up yesterday and they informed me they had some issues to resolve on my unit, so it was pushed back to this a coming Wednesday, pending any further delays.
Old 13-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #5091
Supremacy Member

Has anyone tried paying via credit card instalment before? How does it work?
sKeLeToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #5092
Master Member

let’s say that your computer costs $1,200 . And you have taken up a 12 months plan .

At the start of the Instalment plan, your available total credit limit will be reduced by the $1,200.

Each month , they will charge $100 to your credit card . This is how the instalment payment plan works.

Please also be aware of the “ hidden “ cost .
If your credit card is due for renewal, the bank can charge you annual fees .
Because of your instalment plan, you have to pay the annual fees in order to continue with the instalment plan if they don’t waive it.

If you cancel your card , you have to cancel the instalment plan and this itself can attract another round of instalment cancellation fees.

Another hidden cost is that some issuing banks might claim that they don’t charge any interest fees, but they can still slap you with administrative fees for setting up this arrangement.

Has anyone tried paying via credit card instalment before? How does it work?
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #5093

Has anyone gotten the 20-series Slate laptops yet? Particularly the higher end 2070 and 2080 MAXQ versions. Whats the thermals like? Curious to see if the thermal issues that made Prime 15 a bloody hot mess still exist now with the Slate series.

The 2080 Max Q especially. Curious if they actually managed to cool this beast of a card properly this time
narkizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #5094
Arch-Supremacy Member

Warranty starts in the date of collection or purchase?

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #5095

Warranty starts in the date of collection or purchase?

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
should be date of collection. only on that date do they give you the invoice and it does mention both the order and collection date
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #5096

should be date of collection. only on that date do they give you the invoice and it does mention both the order and collection date
I've confirmed that it's the date of collection since my pre orders warranty was stated to start on the collection date.
Old 26-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #5097

My friend passed me a code "SPECIAL18" and I manage to get 18% Legion laptops at Lenovo official store site. What a miracle. Oh my goodness!
baby83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #5098

How true isit that AS often gets lower-grade GPUs/CPUs from intel/nvidia? Just stresstested my Prime 15 7700HQ and GTX 1060 and both scored worse than the industry average Not to mention failing the 3dMark stress test lulz
narkizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #5099

How true isit that AS often gets lower-grade GPUs/CPUs from intel/nvidia? Just stresstested my Prime 15 7700HQ and GTX 1060 and both scored worse than the industry average Not to mention failing the 3dMark stress test lulz
NVIDIA or Intel chips do not come at different quality levels. It's the same across the board and their quality control is surely strict with these big MNC companies. If there is any performance difference, it would only be down to thermals on your prime 15. Simply put, higher temps = clock speed drops. Aftershock gets their stuff from clevo who also supplies to huge brands like ORIGIN PC and SAGER. I believe notebookcheck.net covers many of the clevo systems which usually perform above average, especially for the bigger models.

As for the slate, the straits times did a review, and the slate performed better than other similarly configured models. The article also mentioned lower temps for the model with the new cooling system which further illustrates that systems display different performance based on thermal performance in this generation.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/pc...t-a-good-price

I'd suggest you get them to check your thermals if you feel there is an issue. The P950 that the prime 15 is based on has also been reviewed on notebookcheck.net with decent scores.
narkizy likes this.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #5100

Same as why you would wanna compare laptop lrices in other countries? Tsk, try harder la, troll
Why would i not compare?

Just like why people compare the price of SSD locally and overseas.

Troll? Do you even understand the meaning of the word? If you cannot argue properly but feel the need to throw out names for people that you cannot argue with or fathom, I suggest not saying anything.

Makes you look like a big douche bag. That's a big word. Do you even understand? tsk
Shawshankredempti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.