www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

James Tang 17-07-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 77939264)

Hey James!! Its seperate. This one was a version update of one of the drivers for the new gen hardware on win 7.

Ah i see..... thanks!!

Aftershock PC 18-07-2013 02:26 AM

Next up on our list of Backboard Cosmetic possibilities , Carbon fiber white!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...32761613_n.jpg

watzup_ken 18-07-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 77968828)
Next up on our list of Backboard Cosmetic possibilities , Carbon fiber white!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...32761613_n.jpg

Good stuff! :)

icyheart 18-07-2013 09:37 PM

Do you guys carry the Roccat Kone XTD to be bundled instead of the Kone Pure?

livetofly 18-07-2013 10:46 PM

hello, would like to know the information of noise level and temperature range of the aftershock laptops at 100% load, e.g. the 15/17 inch one with GTX 780M configuration.
thanks.

611048 19-07-2013 07:33 AM

Hi Marcus, can I buy IC-Diamond diectly from your outlet at Funan? And how much is it?

Aftershock PC 19-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Do you guys carry the Roccat Kone XTD to be bundled instead of the Kone Pure?
Just the Pure at the moment. May i ask if there was any specific feature you want on the XTD?

Quote:

hello, would like to know the information of noise level and temperature range of the aftershock laptops at 100% load, e.g. the 15/17 inch one with GTX 780M configuration.
thanks.
At absolute max load, typical temps for the 780 are around the mid to high 80s, and high 70s to low 80s for the i7 CPU. Awesome temps across the board for this high end hardware.

Don't have a noise level measurement for you now. Perhaps we can use a noise monitor tool for measuring this.

Quote:

Hi Marcus, can I buy IC-Diamond diectly from your outlet at Funan? And how much is it?
Yes you can. But let us know so we can move some tubes over.

We'll Pm you the price.

livetofly 19-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 78001962)

At absolute max load, typical temps for the 780 are around the mid to high 80s, and high 70s to low 80s for the i7 CPU. Awesome temps across the board for this high end hardware.

Don't have a noise level measurement for you now. Perhaps we can use a noise monitor tool for measuring this.

Thanks for the response, however I am more interested to know the temperature of the contact areas (say keyboard/ touch pad/ palm area) that can affect the user experience during the full load with a high end config.

What I read from internet, the ASUS G750 is doing a fabulous job on the temperature controls on these contact areas and relatively silent in noise. So I am thinking if Aftershock can match with its cooling/noise proof capabilities. If so, I am seriously considering the Aftershock laptops over the ASUS one.

Aftershock PC 19-07-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the response, however I am more interested to know the temperature of the contact areas (say keyboard/ touch pad/ palm area) that can affect the user experience during the full load with a high end config.
I see. For this, i will be very happy to give you some details as our surface temps are COOL. We'll use an infrared thermometer to get these temps for you, perhaps do a video :)

chiaRH 19-07-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livetofly (Post 78002181)

What I read from internet, the ASUS G750 is doing a fabulous job on the temperature controls on these contact areas and relatively silent in noise. So I am thinking if Aftershock can match with its cooling/noise proof capabilities. If so, I am seriously considering the Aftershock laptops over the ASUS one.

Quiet fans are something asus rog has been refining since 2010. Clevo machines tend to be louder especially the gpu fan. If youre doing something that uses the gpu but doesnt make any sound, eg photoshop, the gpu fan is quite audible.

Heat wise based on my previous gen X15 the keyboard on left may get mild warm as the cpu fan doesnt spin that fast

icyheart 19-07-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 78001962)
Just the Pure at the moment. May i ask if there was any specific feature you want on the XTD?

Pure feels abit too small and light for me. Mostly it's the size and adjustable weight of the XTD that I'm interested in

Aftershock PC 19-07-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyheart (Post 78007748)
Pure feels abit too small and light for me. Mostly it's the size and adjustable weight of the XTD that I'm interested in

Ah ! We can check if its possible :)

watzup_ken 19-07-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livetofly (Post 78002181)

Not sure about the newer G750, but compared to its predecessor, the fan on the Aftershock laptops are louder. But in the heat of the games I play, I can barely notice the sound even if I leave the speaker at slightly over 30% volume.

Heat wise on my X17, no issues to report. Palm rest and keyboard area barely heat up. Temps of the components are great and do not throttle under load.

To be honest, why don't you swing by their showroom in Funan to test it out? Best to leave your ears and touch be the judge.

There are pros and cons with each machine, so same goes for the Asus laptop. ;)

devilsheaven77 20-07-2013 04:48 AM

I agree. Most of the time even when I'm playing The Witcher 2, I wasn't paying much attention to the fan noise. The visuals is all I see. But of course I tendency play with a pair of headphones.

watzup_ken 20-07-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsheaven77 (Post 78026021)
I agree. Most of the time even when I'm playing The Witcher 2, I wasn't paying much attention to the fan noise. The visuals is all I see. But of course I tendency play with a pair of headphones.

Don't just play Witcher bro, STEAM sales is now on. Good time to purchase some games. ;)