www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

ktyong 30-07-2013 04:59 PM

Is the keyboard backlit in halo?

Devillori 30-07-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktyong (Post 78309383)

Nope its not.

blitzio 31-07-2013 01:19 PM

Review of a similar laptop to the HALO, by Clevo which is an Original Device Manufacturer (ODM).

AnandTech | 90 Minutes with the Clevo W740SU, Featuring Iris Pro HD 5200

BradenHeat 01-08-2013 01:00 PM

Just placed the deposit..

but how come i feel happy and sad at the same time :crazy:

finclk82 01-08-2013 03:55 PM

happy coz u goin to get a new laptop. Sad coz you illogically spend thousands to game on a small screen? Haha...

m32t8103 01-08-2013 04:49 PM

Any new Clevo Chasis coming soon? :s13:

Aftershock PC 01-08-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

No the keyboard is not backlit for the Halo

Quote:

Any new Clevo Chasis coming soon?
No the lineup has just been updated with the latest generation of components.

BradenHeat 01-08-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 78364526)
No the keyboard is not backlit for the Halo

No the lineup has just been updated with the latest generation of components.

Quick question, if one hand holding either end of the machine,

e.g holding the 17"er, lid open by the palm rest area, with the plastic/ chassis with-stand the flex etc?

I know its late to ask now, but just wana know the durability for everyday use or tear =:p

watzup_ken 01-08-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78365593)
Quick question, if one hand holding either end of the machine,

e.g holding the 17"er, lid open by the palm rest area, with the plastic/ chassis with-stand the flex etc?

I know its late to ask now, but just wana know the durability for everyday use or tear =:p

To be honest bro, you won't wanna hold a 17 inch laptop with one hand on either end of the laptop. They are not very heavy, but depends on the user. I can never hold it this way for long. Likely u will strain your wrist first. Lol.

Karbum 01-08-2013 08:05 PM

Hi Aftershock,

Been very happy with my XG15 thus far. I have mine configured with a 128GB SSD. The main purpose of which im told by most people and the sales staff when i bought it was the blazingly fast startup times which has been the case till recently. It still only takes a couple of seconds to reach the windows login screen. But upon entering my password, it takes roughly 20 seconds to get to the desktop whereas when i first got the comp (not too long ago) it took much less time. And it wasn't a gradual increase, it happened recently and abruptly. My SSD is still more than half empty so i doubt the problem is filling it up too much. I'm unsure if this is normal behaviour for SSDs in general. Please enlighten me. Sorry for the lengthy post. Just have to make sure everything's 100% before i head overseas.

Aftershock PC 01-08-2013 08:45 PM

Hey Karbum,

Glad you like the system.

There are various things that contribute to startup timings, even with a very quick drive. This includes your startup-applications.

If you'd like , we can help you look at what is being loaded at startp, and show you how to optimize this. Will drop yo a PM.

watzup_ken 01-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbum (Post 78368769)
Hi Aftershock,

Been very happy with my XG15 thus far. I have mine configured with a 128GB SSD. The main purpose of which im told by most people and the sales staff when i bought it was the blazingly fast startup times which has been the case till recently. It still only takes a couple of seconds to reach the windows login screen. But upon entering my password, it takes roughly 20 seconds to get to the desktop whereas when i first got the comp (not too long ago) it took much less time. And it wasn't a gradual increase, it happened recently and abruptly. My SSD is still more than half empty so i doubt the problem is filling it up too much. I'm unsure if this is normal behaviour for SSDs in general. Please enlighten me. Sorry for the lengthy post. Just have to make sure everything's 100% before i head overseas.

Personally having used SSD for quite a number of years, I feel it is normal for the performance to degrade till a stable point. A used SSD will never perform close to a brand new one over time.

Anyway, just curious how you timed the startup? From the moment you hit the power button?

BradenHeat 01-08-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbum (Post 78368769)
Hi Aftershock,

haha, my turn to chip in :

1) question do you have Files, media and folders ALL ON DESKtop?

2) do you install some crappy antivirus ?

if its yes to those two, definitely it would crawl......never put stuff onto desktop except shortcuts.

try it, if it works give me a thumbs up...

@ken

Quote:

To be honest bro, you won't wanna hold a 17 inch laptop with one hand on either end of the laptop. They are not very heavy, but depends on the user. I can never hold it this way for long. Likely u will strain your wrist first. Lol.
Im strong, didn't you heard? my Right is "exceptionally stronger and bigger :X" :crazy:

Just making sure....you know, it doesn't flex all the way in a odd way

watzup_ken 01-08-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78371399)

@ken

Im strong, didn't you heard? my Right is "exceptionally stronger and bigger :X" :crazy:

Just making sure....you know, it doesn't flex all the way in a odd way

Bro, I just tried, I think I am too weak. I cannot even lift it up. Haha. :s13:

BradenHeat 02-08-2013 08:08 AM

Er folks,

just checking,

for 17"ers

how long does it take? a week? a month before the item comes in?:o