www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

Karbum 02-08-2013 08:10 AM

Thanks for all the input. For curiosity's sake. I timed the startup and the results are as follows.

Time from hitting power button to reaching windows login : 11 seconds
Time from entering password to reaching the desktop : 1 minute 8 seconds

As for my desktop, it's hardly cluttered and actually rather empty and most of the icons are indeed shortcuts.

I currently have AVG and Malwarebytes installed. Dont know if 2 is excessive but I rather be more cautious.

Do drop me a PM on how I can optimise startup times Aftershock team! Would love to know.

BradenHeat 02-08-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbum (Post 78378968)
Thanks for all the input. For curiosity's sake. I timed the startup and the results are as follows.

As for my desktop, it's hardly cluttered and actually rather empty and most of the icons are indeed shortcuts.

I currently have AVG and Malwarebytes installed. Dont know if 2 is excessive but I rather be more cautious.

Do drop me a PM on how I can optimise startup times Aftershock team! Would love to know.

Meaning to sa, avg is doing so startup scan....

as for startup items...

I guess Aftershock team, Marcus and all will able to guide you step by step...
if i cut in, it will be bits and pieces of information:o:s13:

m32t8103 02-08-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbum (Post 78378968)

Usually what i did is go to Start> type" Msconfig "> Hit Enter>

Then i click the "use diagnostic startup" , then restart. (Result in my case 3 seconds from Password to desktop screen on a 5400RPM HDD)

:) Unless you familiar with the thing you need, go to services > click hide all Microsoft Services, then see which one you dont need, you can Untick it. then lastly go startup and view all the item, just untick those you don't want to auto run.

BradenHeat 02-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78378947)
Er folks,

just checking,

for 17"ers

how long does it take? a week? a month before the item comes in?:o

ups for those who gotten theirs before, roughly would take a month ?:o

Aftershock PC 02-08-2013 08:15 PM

Hey BradenHeat,

It'll take around 5 days for yours :)

BradenHeat 02-08-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 78395936)
Hey BradenHeat,

It'll take around 5 days for yours :)

*jaw drops*:eek:

chiaRH 02-08-2013 09:37 PM

5 days is the norm isnt it? Mine took 5 days too (ordered last year Nov 23, collected Nov 28). Unless they have a huge queue of orders to process or out of stock. They'll drop you a sms when its ready for collection

watzup_ken 02-08-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78396514)
*jaw drops*:eek:

Considering they take a couple of days for stress testing, I think it will be well worth your wait bro.

BradenHeat 02-08-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 78398341)
Considering they take a couple of days for stress testing, I think it will be well worth your wait bro.

I was really expecting :

amazon style shippment, since its from U.S mah....been ordering from amazon....can wait for a month or more.. so :o

thus *quite* shock at the sort time, since its US chasis ? + alot of parts ordered from overseas.

BTW are there newer designs which makes the machine look sleeker haha....i just saw the review on sager....wow...really like old times:o=:p

chiaRH 02-08-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78399073)
I was really expecting :

amazon style shippment, since its from U.S mah....been ordering from amazon....can wait for a month or more.. so :o

thus *quite* shock at the sort time, since its US chasis ? + alot of parts ordered from overseas.

BTW are there newer designs which makes the machine look sleeker haha....i just saw the review on sager....wow...really like old times:o=:p

The parts are ordered from Clevo (taiwanese, not american), etc in bulk and stored in a warehouse here.

Aftershock PC 03-08-2013 01:28 AM

Braden - All systems are configured to your order, assembled and tested here in Singapore:) Yours is already on our test labs.

Aftershock PC 03-08-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Yep ! Stress testing and temperature testing is even more important for the 780m card.

BradenHeat 03-08-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftershock PC (Post 78404381)
Yep ! Stress testing and temperature testing is even more important for the 780m card.

thank you guys!

but quite scared of the mSata....on my work place, i've sent in repairs for dell xps, which uses the msata slot... :s22:

chiaRH 03-08-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78408769)
thank you guys!

but quite scared of the mSata....on my work place, i've sent in repairs for dell xps, which uses the msata slot... :s22:

Were those xps units diagnosed to have a problem in their mSATA connectors?

watzup_ken 03-08-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78408769)
thank you guys!

What happened to those? I don't think it is an mSATA specific problem. Could be due to other reasons.