www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

BradenHeat 06-08-2013 09:01 PM

Just gotten a quick look and hands on on GE70 etc...damn msi is really pulling all stops to get the best out....it feels extremely light for a 17"

Wonder if if better chassis & design will churn out later this year end from clevo....


Anyways, been checking notebookcheck for sometime, why no info on GeForce GTX 590 and 660 Ti ...

watzup_ken 06-08-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78508021)


Anyways, been checking notebookcheck for sometime, why no info on GeForce GTX 590 and 660 Ti ...

Eh, isn't the GTX590 and 660TI meant for desktop? :s11:

cct75 07-08-2013 01:35 AM

Hi Aftershock and fellow Aftershock Owners/Brothers/Sisters,

I am finding my XG13 on Windows 8 seems a bit laggy. Is this normal? Any touch that I did (eg. double-clicking to bring up the volume mixer, on IE or on any applications) seems to took an extra 1-2 secs before they launched.

I do not have such issues on my Alienware M17R3 on Windows 7. Hence wondering is that normal on Windows 8 or anything wrong on my XG13 and it's Windows 8?

desandwich 07-08-2013 01:51 AM

hi guys! any promotions coming up soon?? im waiting for one to buy my laptop ^^

BradenHeat 07-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cct75 (Post 78515287)
Hi Aftershock and fellow Aftershock Owners/Brothers/Sisters,

I am finding my XG13 on Windows 8 seems a bit laggy. Is this normal? Any touch that I did (eg. double-clicking to bring up the volume mixer, on IE or on any applications) seems to took an extra 1-2 secs before they launched.

I do not have such issues on my Alienware M17R3 on Windows 7. Hence wondering is that normal on Windows 8 or anything wrong on my XG13 and it's Windows 8?


My guesses :

- Indexing
- Searching from programs
- cluttered desktop with files and folders
- bad antivirus [ you will be surprised how "effective" they are at slowing the machine
- might be, the most prominent , hdd, ssd base or rotary ?

BradenHeat 07-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desandwich (Post 78515442)
hi guys! any promotions coming up soon?? im waiting for one to buy my laptop ^^


JUST DO IT :o:s13:

BradenHeat 07-08-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 78511693)
Eh, isn't the GTX590 and 660TI meant for desktop? :s11:


no wonder...:o

playvltk04 07-08-2013 09:42 AM

Hi,

Just wonder if Aftershock PC having any installment scheme for card holder ? I'm interested to know more about that.

cct75 07-08-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78517173)
My guesses :

- Indexing
- Searching from programs
- cluttered desktop with files and folders
- bad antivirus [ you will be surprised how "effective" they are at slowing the machine
- might be, the most prominent , hdd, ssd base or rotary ?

Thanks for commenting and advising :)

- Indexing perhaps but there is no data on my brand new C drive except for my Outlook pst which is only 150MB.
- Searching from programs? Hmm? Just launching IE or even right-click to bring up Task Manager also would be 1-2 seconds slower than my Windows 7 on my Alienware M17XR3
- clustered desktop with files and folders - FYI, I am one who preferred a clean desktop. There are only 4-5 easy access files/folders short-cut and I considered that is pretty empty
- bad antivirus - Perhaps but this is the same Antivirus I was previously using on my Alienware and not having this "laggy" symptoms
- HDD, SSD base or rotary - This XG13 is on 128MB SSD C drive while my D Drive is 750MB HDD which is empty. All my data are stored on an external USB HDD. If accessing the external USB HDD is slow, I can understand but direct programs installed on the SSD? Again, I do not have the laggy issue on my Alienware which is running on HDD. Rotary or not? How do I tell?

cct75 07-08-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenHeat (Post 78517176)
JUST DO IT :o:s13:

Eh .. Bro .. later NIKE sued you for using their slogan leh :D

BradenHeat 07-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cct75 (Post 78520182)
Eh .. Bro .. later NIKE sued you for using their slogan leh :D

Their goods already got pirated liao, whats there to sue...haha


anyways...just checking, if you CCleaner your old cache etc?

then also check if super fetch is still on..

of course, best bet is to bring it down to Aftershock to have them take a look

Aftershock PC 07-08-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Just wonder if Aftershock PC having any installment scheme for card holder ? I'm interested to know more about that.
We have installment schemes for DBS credit card holders. Other banks coming soon.

sumeone 08-08-2013 01:25 AM

Q: is it normal for my xg15 tofreeze when launching game (cnt alt del doesn't work) and does it dmg the laptop when i press the power button 5 sec to force it to shut down ?

Aftershock PC 08-08-2013 01:37 AM

Hi sumone,

We can assist you with this, but we'll need details,like what game for example,so that we can advice if a driver update is required or something is needed of that nature.

Dropped you a pm. Do use our support chat on our website as well to get someone right away we may not always see messages on the forums.

Diane2228 08-08-2013 09:56 AM

Ups for you


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.