www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   AFTERSHOCK PC Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/aftershock-pc-%96-now-featuring-nvidia-10-series-graphics-cards-3984575.html)

amokduke 08-09-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kero291 (Post 79339460)
Hey Aftershock team,

Just wanted to say great job with your laptops!

Bought the XG13 just yesterday and have had no regrets about it!

:)

I AM AN AFTERSHOCK FAN! :s13:

Got my X17S from comex also. Through my years of owning computers (>20 years), I have never seen any vendor that provides such personalised service. I hope Aftershock can continue to grow and keep up with the demand for high quality laptops at friendly prices.

I look forward to buying my next computer with them.
Kudos to the Aftershock team!

BradenHeat 08-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9000 (Post 79356474)
hi Aftershock PC... Lenovo laptops can be thrown from 5 storeys and still work. Do u see Aftershock working towards that direction?


Regards,
matthew9000


Unless they managed to obtain factory made parts catered towards shock proof and weather proof, and even they did, it is a very very specialized market, small enough to not cover costs irrc for the parts
For now, they could customized machines with quadro , which is its self a good alternate market.

Still, if they do, I'm looking forward, but if you wish, might be better to look at Panasonic or as you mentioned lenovo

Just my thoughts

chiaRH 08-09-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9000 (Post 79356474)
hi Aftershock PC... Lenovo laptops can be thrown from 5 storeys and still work. Do u see Aftershock working towards that direction?


Regards,
matthew9000

Being able to survive a 5-storey drop is hardly an appealing selling point to gamers and performance enthusiasts, which are Aftershock's main customers. I feel that a good business targets its intended customers with the correct selling points.

I've never heard of anyone wanting an ultra-rugged gaming laptop...

kenshinz 08-09-2013 06:34 PM

Sigh, should have gone down to Comex earlier, XG15 out of stock need to wait 3 weeks :(

Placed my order yesterday and now the waiting begins...

watzup_ken 08-09-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9000 (Post 79356474)
hi Aftershock PC... Lenovo laptops can be thrown from 5 storeys and still work. Do u see Aftershock working towards that direction?


Regards,
matthew9000

This is bout the weirdest question I ever heard here. It seems like you are planning to buy one and do just that. :s13:

Honestly, how many laptops out there do you think will survive such abuse? There are specialize laptops out there, like the Toughbook that might be able to take such pounding. But to me, the Toughbook is also a tough sell, for a niche market only. Also, sometimes survival of the laptop is also very much dependent on luck, even with the toughest built laptop.

Gribber 08-09-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9000 (Post 79356474)
hi Aftershock PC... Lenovo laptops can be thrown from 5 storeys and still work. Do u see Aftershock working towards that direction?


Regards,
matthew9000

:s13::s13::s13:

for what we want that ?

kiathong 08-09-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenshinz (Post 79369627)
Sigh, should have gone down to Comex earlier, XG15 out of stock need to wait 3 weeks :(

Placed my order yesterday and now the waiting begins...

Just wanted to let you guys know how incredible their customer service is. (Warning: it's a pretty long post) I bought my Aftershock XG15 about a week before Comex 2013 began. At that time Marcus (he's one of the Aftershock founders) gave me sincere and personalized advice about which computer I should get, instead of just pushing the most expensive rigs/setups. What sold me was that when they finalised their Comex offers (which was AFTER my sale), he offered to match the same deals that were given in the show even though I had ordered my set one week earlier. This meant that I managed to get the free colour calibration service, a free upgrade to a larger capacity hard drive, a complimentary thermal cooling compound, and a free upgrade to a next-generation wireless network card (!) which I'm certain would not have been offered by any other larger corporations nor specialised customisation companies. So kudos to them and hope we can all support an amazing local start-up.

By the way, since I noticed that there isn't any reviews of XG15 for reference, I'll just share a few opinions about my machine. It's been a week into usage of my lappy, it still checks all my boxes and there are no issues with it at all. It's snappy so far and I haven't encountered any lag, plus all my games render well at 1080p. It runs cool when gaming (zero heating issues) and the matte screen is beautiful, with deep colours and excellent contrast. I'm studying now, and throughout the week battery life easily hits 5 hours if I just do word-processing or internet surfing, while it's about 1-2 hours if I game all the way.

It is really pretty ideal, and if I had to find a fault it would be that it's slightly heavier than the laptop that I used to carry (a Vaio ultraportable).

Anyway, if you guys have any usage questions about the XG15 that you want to know from a student's point of view, just feel free to PM me. Cheers!

watzup_ken 09-09-2013 08:28 AM

This is good stuff man. It is this kind of small positive surprises that Aftershock provides their customers, that makes them stand out from the crowd.;)

kenshinz 09-09-2013 12:08 PM

Like to check if Aftershock have bundle offers for other Roccat mouse models, e.g. the Pyra wireless?

Shutterbox 09-09-2013 12:26 PM

Any plans to introduce lower powered notebook for endurance?

finclk82 09-09-2013 08:05 PM

Wth would anyone want to throw their laptop 5 stories onto the grd? I wun even want to throw or drop my laptop onto the flr.

lenovo is real smart for building their r n d around a feature that isnt going to be really required.

chiaRH 09-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finclk82 (Post 79398521)
Wth would anyone want to throw their laptop 5 stories onto the grd? I wun even want to throw or drop my laptop onto the flr.

lenovo is real smart for building their r n d around a feature that isnt going to be really required.

durability is required in some fields lah, like industrial sector, etc (though IMO, the 5-storey thing feels like an inflated exaggeration). But of course for the gaming crowd you cant sell them a magnesium-alloy roll cage or shock-resistant motherboard mounting and expect most of them to want to pay the extra buck for such things. The important thing is #1 match features to user needs, #2 recognise that u cant be jack of all trades and satisfy all customer segments and #3 leverage your core competencies

about lenovo only the thinkpads have durability anyway. the ideapads, etc are typical consumer-grade material

watzup_ken 09-09-2013 11:21 PM

I think even the Thinkpads have different grades, and not built the same.

To build a laptop that is very rugged and can take a lot of abuse, I think it will cost a lot, and not to mention, weigh a lot. For a gaming rig, this is a no go, since the hardware itself is usually higher in price, and not to mention the weight without all this protection.

Chuck Norris 09-09-2013 11:35 PM

sian i missed the Comex :(.

any chance the Comex deals still can get ma? :(

Aftershock PC 10-09-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

sian i missed the Comex .

any chance the Comex deals still can get ma?
Dropped you a PM :)

Quote:

Just wanted to let you guys know how incredible their customer service is. (Warning: it's a pretty long post) I bought my Aftershock XG15 about a week before Comex 2013 began. At that time Marcus (he's one of the Aftershock founders) gave me sincere and personalized advice about which computer I should get, instead of just pushing the most expensive rigs/setups. What sold me was that when they finalised their Comex offers (which was AFTER my sale), he offered to match the same deals that were given in the show even though I had ordered my set one week earlier. This meant that I managed to get the free colour calibration service, a free upgrade to a larger capacity hard drive, a complimentary thermal cooling compound, and a free upgrade to a next-generation wireless network card (!) which I'm certain would not have been offered by any other larger corporations nor specialised customisation companies. So kudos to them and hope we can all support an amazing local start-up.

By the way, since I noticed that there isn't any reviews of XG15 for reference, I'll just share a few opinions about my machine. It's been a week into usage of my lappy, it still checks all my boxes and there are no issues with it at all. It's snappy so far and I haven't encountered any lag, plus all my games render well at 1080p. It runs cool when gaming (zero heating issues) and the matte screen is beautiful, with deep colours and excellent contrast. I'm studying now, and throughout the week battery life easily hits 5 hours if I just do word-processing or internet surfing, while it's about 1-2 hours if I game all the way.

It is really pretty ideal, and if I had to find a fault it would be that it's slightly heavier than the laptop that I used to carry (a Vaio ultraportable).

Anyway, if you guys have any usage questions about the XG15 that you want to know from a student's point of view, just feel free to PM me. Cheers!
Thank you so much for the review and sharing :) Its seeing things like this that drives us and inspires us .


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.