HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Alienware AW13R2 keyboard not working at startup & login.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #1

Alienware AW13R2 keyboard not working at startup & login.

I wonder whether the Hardware Clinic can help throw some light on what problem my AW13R2 (15 mth old) is having now.

Today I notice when I scroll the house up and down, the Chrome/Windows explorer zooms in and out instead of scroll up/down. Followed by keyboard working as if Ctrl is stuck. The often used key Ctrl+Left to select word fails.
Ctrl-C and Left individually works. Ctrl-Alt-Del fails also. On screen keyboard basically shows the same result.

Then I restart, at login only the "i" key works, and the password textbox shows a "Tab" character is seen when I press i. Touchpad, touchscreen are ok. After 5~10 minutes clicking and tapping here n there frantically suddenly the keyboard is back and working. On screen keyboard now works also.

I am typing this message as if nothing wrong with my laptop. Wonder what might happen when I restart.

I dont have much experiences with computer repairs, just wonder what might have caused the problem.

TIA!

Last edited by sg_investor; 02-06-2018 at 03:10 PM..
sg_investor is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.