HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2020, 11:28 PM   #3361
Greater Supremacy Member

Now waiting for cny deal

Sent from Rem Isekai using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 05:47 PM   #3362

Now looking forward to AMD 4800U on T series and 4800H on P series
007Mi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #3363
High Supremacy Member

Now looking forward to AMD 4800U on T series and 4800H on P series
Yeah man! Recently saw it on CES2020

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #3364
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those who can wait, should wait for zen 2! Otherwise current amd offering quite competitive with intel gen 8
Old 20-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #3365

regarding the rams, do i need to go into bios to enable xmp (or similar) to set the ram speed?
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #3366
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am trying to get a Thinkpad T495s and need the extended warranty to make sure it will last the entire 3 year uni.

Can share how to get the CSO to waive off the 3 years warranty?
They cant waive. At most discount to $1. Must see if the CSO is eager for incentive or not.
Ye_Rongtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #3367

yup $1 for 3 years warranty almost like waive off.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #3368
Master Member

Trying to factory reset a T495 but I can't find any Lenovo recovery program.

Is there such a program installed in the first place, or I simply use the Reset function in Windows 10? If it the latter method, will it install the Vantage after reset or require re-download?
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #3369
High Supremacy Member

Is there such a program installed in the first place, or I simply use the Reset function in Windows 10? If it the latter method, will it install the Vantage after reset or require re-download?
https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/solutions/ht035659

Unless you are savvy enough, you can try clean install.
Preferably load the drivers from Lenovo after the install.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #3370
Master Member

https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/solutions/ht035659

Unless you are savvy enough, you can try clean install.
Preferably load the drivers from Lenovo after the install.
Thanks.

Probably I will just do a reset with Windows 10 and download the Vantage and Radeon applications separately from Lenovo.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #3371
Master Member

i followed this link - https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/solutions/ht103653 - to create a USB recovery disk for my T480
overcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 03:40 PM   #3372

Lenovo support

Just want to share my lenovo svc support experience for those interested.

My E585 was overheating under load and sometimes BSOD, so i used online chat to contact support. I was 1st in queue and discussed with the rep, showing her screenshot of 70C temp alongside only 20% cpu usage. She said engineer will be sent and I received sms confirmation about an hour later. Appointment date was next day.

Engineer called before arriving. He was very friendly and gave frank advice. He said AMD will run hotter than intel, so may want to consider laptop fan pad if I'll be using laptop for 8+ hours a day. After warranty, I can also consider replacing the thermal grease on my own. He checked then replaced the heatsink fan assembly (easy, 4 screws and a plug), and said to call him directly if problem returns.

The entire flawless support process took less than 24 hours. I'm so glad I got their on-site 3-yr support.

Background of my overheating problem:
My 1 yr old e585 was reaching 85C while just performing backup or installing large software, sometimes resulting in BSOD. (disks temp were just 44C, 54C) A previous large windows update BSOD midway and corrupted my windows. This never happened before.

Took me a while to come to conclusion it was heat related. I ran lenovo's windows diagnostics software but fan test passed. Fortunately I found the problem after I monitored using HWMonitor. (the engineer mentioned lenovo has a temperature software for download too)

After the replacement, I ran backup and max temp immediately reduced to 75C. The old fan looked very clean and perfect, so it should be that the thermal grease lost effectiveness over time.

Last edited by SandMan; 30-01-2020 at 04:28 PM..
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #3373
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just want to share my lenovo svc support for those interested.

My E585 was overheating under load and sometimes BSOD, so i used online chat to contact support. I was 1st in queue and discussed with the rep, showing her screenshot of 70C temp alongside only 20% cpu usage. She said engineer will be sent and I received sms confirmation about an hour later. Appointment date was next day.

Engineer called before arriving. He was very friendly and gave frank advice. He said AMD will run hotter than intel, so may want to consider laptop fan pad if I'll be using laptop for many hours a day. After warranty, I can also consider replacing the thermal grease on my own. He checked then replaced the heatsink fan assembly (easy, 4 screws and a plug), and said to call him directly if problem returns.

The entire flawless support process took less than 24 hours. I'm so glad I got their on-site 3-yr support.

Background of my overheating problem:
My 1 yr old e585 was reaching 85C while just performing backup or installing large software, sometimes resulting in BSOD. (disks temp were just 44C, 54C) A previous large windows update BSOD midway and corrupted my windows. This never happened before.

Took me a while to come to conclusion it was heat related. I ran lenovo's windows diagnostics software but fan test passed. Fortunately I found the problem after I monitored using HWMonitor. (the engineer mentioned lenovo has a temperature software for download too)

After the replacement, I ran backup and max temp immediately reduced to 75C. The old fan looked very clean and perfect, so it should be that the thermal grease lost effectiveness over time.
can share what is the lenovo temperature sw ?
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #3374

thanks for sharing. will monitor the heat for these ryzen chip.
Old 30-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #3375

can share what is the lenovo temperature sw ?
Tried looking couldn't find it. He may be referring to Lenovo Diagnostics Windows, under Tools tab there is a Fan Device showing current cpu temp and fan speed.

Btw also want to mention I like their diag software. Very comprehensive can check mobo, pcie, lid sensor, wifi, etc.
stupidog likes this.

Last edited by SandMan; 30-01-2020 at 04:22 PM..
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.