AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normal, throttling on ISP side not on router or laptop.
My Dell laptop about the same on Starhub.

U mean the isp knows if you use wireless hence will throttle u during speed test ? What nonsense.

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI AMD Ryzen Mobile driver are live.

This is good news! finally.

but seeing the notes.. hahah disable hardware acceleration :o

Review for the new drivers.

- install is a breeze. Make sure DDU first.
- Green issue on youtube for me when u click on it. However getting a annoying bug where depending on the website. There will be a suddenly 1 sec flash of all chrome windows and if you are running any windows with video open. the videos will be playing but black screen.

I guess still disable hardware acceleration :o

Last edited:

Shib

Reaction score
New Bluetooth driver at Intel for those on ac9260. If you are lazy to check manually, you can install Intel update program.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

saddams wife

Reaction score
You are correct. The 160Mhz bandwidth allows 1733Mbps throughput.

bro。My Windows 10 always indicates that my link rate is 866 Gbps :( what must I do to increase the link rate to AC9260 advertised 1733Gbps linkrate (I don't even know how to check if my DIR865 is broadcasting at 160Mhz bandwidth).

Shib

Reaction score
bro。My Windows 10 always indicates that my link rate is 866 Gbps :( what must I do to increase the link rate to AC9260 advertised 1733Gbps linkrate (I don't even know how to check if my DIR865 is broadcasting at 160Mhz bandwidth).
You have to check the setting. I don't think your router is one of the 160Mhz models. Some vendors used very big numbers to confused the public. I read there are model that can combine 2 x 80Mhz to perform like 160Mhz. Based on what I read, netgear r7800 and future 11ax routers.

You can Google for "160mhz routers" to see more models.

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the ac9260 max linkrate is 1733.

but its only a 2x2 chip right? so i don't think it will achieve the max speed?

u will need it to be 3x3 to reach the 1300 speed..
not forgetting the 160mhz thing...

dir865 is only max 1.3 for the 5ghz and 450 for 2.4ghz

correct me if im wrong :o

Last edited:

acertey

Reaction score
wow finally found a interesting thread. Was thinking to get a cheap enough with enough average performance. Mainly into working laptop for excels, maybe some programming, youtube, surfing internet, and some school related work. Looks like this E485 is the one that i should be getting.

How do you guys cost save on this one?

I needed some form of normal HDD for basic storage and a SSD fast boot.(Upgrade from Lenovo is +70 which i think should be fine right)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD USD 90

I guess i probably need a 500GB HDD basic one, which does not need to be high speed. Any advise?(From Lenovo +60SGD)

RAM wise, believed that 16GB should be optimal(Ram from Lenovo is 170)
RAM DIY Upgrade ~ USD 110 for 2 X 8GB

How about wireless card?
saw some upgrade on this as well.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow finally found a interesting thread. Was thinking to get a cheap enough with enough average performance. Mainly into working laptop for excels, maybe some programming, youtube, surfing internet, and some school related work. Looks like this E485 is the one that i should be getting.

How do you guys cost save on this one?

I needed some form of normal HDD for basic storage and a SSD fast boot.(Upgrade from Lenovo is +70 which i think should be fine right)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD USD 90

I guess i probably need a 500GB HDD basic one, which does not need to be high speed. Any advise?(From Lenovo +60SGD)

RAM wise, believed that 16GB should be optimal(Ram from Lenovo is 170)
RAM DIY Upgrade ~ USD 110 for 2 X 8GB

How about wireless card?
saw some upgrade on this as well.

My recommendation is to get the most basic SSD, and 1x 8GB ram. While I pad about 737 bucks for m E485, I then spent about 65 bucks on another stick if 8GB, and slightly less than 180 bucks for a 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD SATA3. Total damage is less than 1k, may be closer to 980 bucks. No need to go for NVME SSD since every review out there proved that there is not much improvement over SATA3 SSDs, other than in benchmarks.

acertey

Reaction score
thanks man, how do you know which ram is compatible?

On this E485, does it have space to install 2 HDD?

newwee

Reaction score
Hi all E585 friends, glad to have found this thread.

a) Can someone show the brand and timing of the original 1x8gb ram?

We have to buy the same ram as much as possible to run dual channel right?
I heard ram is very expensive locally now:s11:. Where can we buy this ram online, any links?

b) Is it better to buy our own SSD and install it?
Which SSD should we buy, any links? Maybe budget about $200 for it...

c) Can this E585 play Dota 2 on medium or low settings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.