AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

obichacha

Reaction score
T495 : 8 or 16gb onboard is selected.
Additional 16gb ram slot for you to add or keep it empty.

A. 8gb onboard + 16gb = 24
B. 16gb onboard + 16gb = 32
C. 16gb onboard like my specs now.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T495 : 8 or 16gb onboard is selected.
Additional 16gb ram slot for you to add or keep it empty.

A. 8gb onboard + 16gb = 24
B. 16gb onboard + 16gb = 32
C. 16gb onboard like my specs now.

I was wondering whether 16GB will be supported of not. Officially , accourding to Lenovo recommendation this laptop supports 4GB(Soldered) + 8GB(Open slot) = 12GB of total memory. But I checked on Crucial offical site what model I would need. The site showed me 16GB would be supported so I ordered one. I put the 16GB in open slot & turned the laptop on. WALLAH...IT WORKS !!! Now I'm getting 4GB + 16GB = 20GB of total memory. I was facing stuttering while playing Gears of war 4 but now the stuttering is gone. The RAM gives enough head room for multitasking also & help to run graphics intensive aplications so easily . But previously I was getting 30GB/s read & write speed from OEM memory , Now it goes down to 20GB/s read & write speed. Although I am not seeing any issue with this speed but It is quite slow than OEM RAM. Anyway 16GB will work on single RAM slot.
[unquote]

REFERENCE LINK

obichacha

Reaction score
Ya actually my office workstations need 32gb to run : 3 to 4 Revit Model and autocad as well.
Actually 16gb is good than enough, specially for this business laptop.
Again out of market gaming laptop just comes with 16gb of standard specs so far.

I was wondering whether 16GB will be supported of not. Officially , accourding to Lenovo recommendation this laptop supports 4GB(Soldered) + 8GB(Open slot) = 12GB of total memory. But I checked on Crucial offical site what model I would need. The site showed me 16GB would be supported so I ordered one. I put the 16GB in open slot & turned the laptop on. WALLAH...IT WORKS !!! Now I'm getting 4GB + 16GB = 20GB of total memory. I was facing stuttering while playing Gears of war 4 but now the stuttering is gone. The RAM gives enough head room for multitasking also & help to run graphics intensive aplications so easily . But previously I was getting 30GB/s read & write speed from OEM memory , Now it goes down to 20GB/s read & write speed. Although I am not seeing any issue with this speed but It is quite slow than OEM RAM. Anyway 16GB will work on single RAM slot.
[unquote]

REFERENCE LINK

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot to say, please use cashback to login Lenovo and get further discount. (I got $101 cashback) Can refer you if you are new and get another $5 off each person I think.

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could not resist..

its a pretty good deal!

:o

get it people!! before its gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.