AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
fMMJnnh.jpg

Slowly

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problems I have with this notebook

1. Heavy @ 1.86KG
2. Slow to boot (CMOS takes time to load before OS starts kicking in to load)
3. Lenovo Nvme is slow.
4. Thick

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The small 1 below the fan not even 2280.

Don't know why the factory provides different parts as from the information or am I seeing it wrong? Below is the parts stated "as built' from the website, it is stated as 2280 but on the motherboard it's so short in the post.

Smaller than 512MB SSD may be shorter length, because I have the 2280 size. (512MB, all in black with some emboss numbers only)

Info from Lenovo's website:
FnV7IzD.png

Photo from Lenovo's website:
9sWaxfT.jpg

Last edited:

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Heavy @ 1.86KG
3. Lenovo Nvme is slow.
4. Thick

Mine is quite fast leh. (updated to the latest Windows and deleted the useless anti virus) Lenovo SSD is surely slower than Samsung, but I don't think it's that slow and don't think we can feel it so much in real life. I don't know, but that's how I felt.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Heavy @ 1.86KG
3. Lenovo Nvme is slow.
4. Thick

I am a little bit tempted to sell the laptop off to get the Acer Swift 3 or HP Envy 13. This is after I realised the newer models have the capability to charge via USB-C, and also have a dedicated power supply (so you don't waste away a USB-C port just like that).

However, right now, the Swift 3 and Envy 13 only have Type C Gen 1 and not Gen 2 like the E485. Also, speccing it to have a 512GB RAM on either models will be far more expensive. So a little on the fence. Battery life and weight may pull me over the edge.

One thing about weight though. My office laptop, until recently, was a T440, an Ultrabook. I really loved the laptop, thought it was really light (until I got my Latitude 7390 replacement which was even lighter) and wished I could have a similar one for home use. Guess what? The T440 weights 1.81kg. Pretty much the same as the E485.

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
My experience with this laptop is good after setup complete.
The drivers are quite raw in terms of support only lenovo has the latest version
After drivers installed no BSOD nonsense not even on youtube chromium
it can do up to 4K on youtube just running pure on CPU raw power.
Chose win10 home version "modded" to win10 pro version
after optimization super duper fast I did a clean install

disable CSM boot, option rom etc and the boot message

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is quite fast leh. (updated to the latest Windows and deleted the useless anti virus) Lenovo SSD is surely slower than Samsung, but I don't think it's that slow and don't think we can feel it so much in real life. I don't know, but that's how I felt.

China, really is china. Tons of variations. I have updated everything to the latest including drivers. And removed everything that i deem unnecessary including AV. It is not Windows that i am blaming. It is Bios/cmos.

In fact the read write is only comparable to a SATA SSD. Except for big files on read. The write is either worst or similar to a Samsung EVo 850 that i owns. Iirc with my cdm benchmark.

Last edited:

LegendZenify

Reaction score
China, really is china. Tons of variations. I have updated everything to the latest including drivers. And removed everything that i deem unnecessary including AV. It is not Windows that i am blaming. It is Bios/cmos.

In fact the read write is only comparable to a SATA SSD. Except for big files on read. The write is either worst or similar to a Samsung EVo 850 that i owns. Iirc with my cdm benchmark.

Can't expect too much for a 1k laptop tbh.
Even the asus ux331 that costs 2k+ uses only a sata ssd.
Don't really need nvme speeds unless read/write huge files often anw, makes no observable diff in everyday use.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bought already just use and enjoy. No need to do tests and benchmarks already. They may be different from real world usage.

Last edited:

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
I think is quite funny people getting upset over not their ideal nvme drive received.
brand is not promised in the deal
If you want just go taobao to buy and add not expensive

Reaction score
I’m looking at envy also. Take note it can’t charge using USB-C.
Apple is refreshing too, hence can look At the Starbucks approved laptop

I am a little bit tempted to sell the laptop off to get the Acer Swift 3 or HP Envy 13. This is after I realised the newer models have the capability to charge via USB-C, and also have a dedicated power supply (so you don't waste away a USB-C port just like that).

However, right now, the Swift 3 and Envy 13 only have Type C Gen 1 and not Gen 2 like the E485. Also, speccing it to have a 512GB RAM on either models will be far more expensive. So a little on the fence. Battery life and weight may pull me over the edge.

One thing about weight though. My office laptop, until recently, was a T440, an Ultrabook. I really loved the laptop, thought it was really light (until I got my Latitude 7390 replacement which was even lighter) and wished I could have a similar one for home use. Guess what? The T440 weights 1.81kg. Pretty much the same as the E485.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.