HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asus UX305F - didn't use for a few months, can't power up - how?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Asus UX305F - didn't use for a few months, can't power up - how?

Hi,

I have an Asus UX305F which I purchased some time ago, probably 2015. I used it intermittently. The last time I powered it on was at least 3 months back. That time the laptop also didn't power on even when I plugged the power cable in. I can't remember what I did so that it worked. I then used it a bit and shut it down and left it alone.

Right now even when plugging in the wall charger, it doesn't power up. Actually I plugged it in since Saturday... but still no power...

Is the laptop dead? What can I do? The laptop is very new and seldom used.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #2

Is there any charging indicator that the battery is charging? I have similar problems with this UX300 series laptop as well, read up else where that it is a common defect with the mainboard or BIOS issue.
BoonShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Could be a cold boot issue.
Can try disconnecting the battery (without Ac connection), holding down on the power button for 10 seconds, then try booting with just A/C but no battery connected.
You may have to try a couple of times.

Usually with cold boot issues, the machine works fine once it have booted up but it only bootup sometimes after you have shut it down.
gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.