HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buy laptop in Malaysia cheaper?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #1

Buy laptop in Malaysia cheaper?

So I'm looking to get the HP Envy X360 with Ryzen R5 2500u. However, Harvey Singapore is charging S$1600 for it. So I'm looking to buy it from HP Malaysia online store (I have a relative in Malaysia). Only 3.5k ringgit (about S$1150)

Anyone have any experience in buying laptop from Malaysia?
uuu100145j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Yes cheaper. Get those with international warranty.
Ark Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 06:22 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Bot a surface pro before in KL tech mall, like our sls. Yes ard 20-30% cheaper. Not always though. When bring back sg, u will get charged gst. So u know wat to do
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #4

Take out box and say it’s a personal laptop
I thinking of buying extended warranty so are there shops that sell standalone warranty in Singapore?
Old 13-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Try the manufacturer’s Sg website. There might be an option for purchasing extended warranty. Alternatively you can call their hotline for assistance.

I thinking of buying extended warranty so are there shops that sell standalone warranty in Singapore?
Old 13-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

For a shop to sell standalone warranty, it needs to have access to the manufacturer's spare parts. Small shops wouldn't sell you warranties, just repair services. Where else big box stores require you to purchase the unit from them in order to be eligible to extended warranty coverage.

My suggestion is to get a model with international warranty, do the ownership/region transfer, then purchase warranty extension direct with the manufacturer. Read the T&C as eligibility to extend vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Call their hotline for info (also be sure to record the conversation).
Ark Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #7

So I'm looking to get the HP Envy X360 with Ryzen R5 2500u. However, Harvey Singapore is charging S$1600 for it. So I'm looking to buy it from HP Malaysia online store (I have a relative in Malaysia). Only 3.5k ringgit (about S$1150)

Anyone have any experience in buying laptop from Malaysia?
Hey bro. Am interested in this model too. Would u know if this covers international warranty? The hp Malaysia website doesn't seem to be so clear on this.
mdsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

Hey bro. Am interested in this model too. Would u know if this covers international warranty? The hp Malaysia website doesn't seem to be so clear on this.
Yes I did a live chat with the hp staff. Have international warranty. They also say that I can buy a care pack (extended warranty) in Singapore if singapore also have this model.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.