HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

China made Gaming laptop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #16

Neh, I'm just hoping that these gaming laptops will come into SG/gloabal market as they are quite intuitive in designs and quality. Right now, I'm seeing the market dormanants like Asus, Dell etc are charging quite an arm and leg for something you can get a lot cheaper in China. and with these competition, it will then saturate the pricing for us consumers.
I believe that pricing also has a lot of geographic factors to consider. You can buy aftershock or you can buy a sager from the US, and the sager might use the same clevo chassis and be cheaper.

What is cheap in China, if come over to singapore might become expensive as retailers have to incur the cost of doing business in Singapore. Its easy to observe if you go to xiaomi store here and compare their item pricing vs the exact same item from aliexpress.

Furthermore they have literally nothing different to offer. Everyone has same GPUs and CPUs now, its like a commodity. If you're a new seller and your caveats are like no service centre no warranty... and you cant claim to offer better specs, or better build quality, or better anything... I think people here will just buy aftershock

Just that IMO if something looks much cheaper that feels too good to be true, most people 1st instinct is wonder where the corners got cut. For example that hasee you linked earlier could be using a inferior panel to the aftershock MX 15 Pro cos theres no mention of 144Hz refresh.

Last edited by chiaRH; 24-07-2018 at 03:00 PM..
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #17

Less than sgd 2k for some mid specs. Eg i7 with gtx 1060, 256gb ssd but with only 8gb ram. If need be can still upgrade later.

As for the OS to english, Yeah, may need another license that costs around 100+. Need to see if have another work around.

Yeah warranty is like an insurance liddat for many but how many actually use it ? haha

All these being said, will purchase one to try my next upcoming trip.

See how easy/difficult to change os langauge etc.( I hv a spare ms win 10 home at home)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
a lot of branded gtx1060 laptops around 1-1.1k USD. acer helios, y530, omen 15, G3/G5/G7.

i rather import branded from US
pawn_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #18

I believe that pricing also has a lot of geographic factors to consider. You can buy aftershock or you can buy a sager from the US, and the sager might use the same clevo chassis and be cheaper.

What is cheap in China, if come over to singapore might become expensive as retailers have to incur the cost of doing business in Singapore. Its easy to observe if you go to xiaomi store here and compare their item pricing vs the exact same item from aliexpress.

Furthermore they have literally nothing different to offer. Everyone has same GPUs and CPUs now, its like a commodity. If you're a new seller and your caveats are like no service centre no warranty... and you cant claim to offer better specs, or better build quality, or better anything... I think people here will just buy aftershock

Just that IMO if something looks much cheaper that feels too good to be true, most people 1st instinct is wonder where the corners got cut. For example that hasee you linked earlier could be using a inferior panel to the aftershock MX 15 Pro cos theres no mention of 144Hz refresh.
can't agree you more.
You get what you pay for
gamemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #19

Just purchased my budget gaming laptop ASUS TUF FX505DT, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, Nvidia GTX 1650, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD and 120Hz 15.6" Screen comes at US$649.99. Total US$719.20 with import fees and duties. This is equivalent to SGD 1,050/- approx. Can't get same specs with this price in SG.
skliew1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

What about the honor magicbook?
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

a lot of branded gtx1060 laptops around 1-1.1k USD. acer helios, y530, omen 15, G3/G5/G7.

i rather import branded from US
True. But warranty is going to be a big big issue.. Shipping is going to cost a bomb.
Shingoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

True. But warranty is going to be a big big issue.. Shipping is going to cost a bomb.
Gst must be paid?
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just purchased my budget gaming laptop ASUS TUF FX505DT, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, Nvidia GTX 1650, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD and 120Hz 15.6" Screen comes at US$649.99. Total US$719.20 with import fees and duties. This is equivalent to SGD 1,050/- approx. Can't get same specs with this price in SG.
That's a good buy.
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #24

I have a Chinese laptop with 4K display powered by Intel's most powerful Atom Soc (an Apollo Lake x7-E3950) that have been in use for 9 months and this thing zips by for all daily tasks. Ships with 8GB soldered memory and two M.2 SSD bays which I am currently using in RAID1. Got it at about US$500.

Keyboard and trackpad is awesome, and the all-metal body is of good build quality. Keyboard is also backlit.

Running on my own Linux From Scratch built over a Debian 10 base.

At this price for the screen, metal chassis and amazing keyboard, I don't care one bit about warranty. If it croaks, I'll just get an identical unit and switch the SSDs over.

Warranty is overrated nowadays.

Last edited by Rock-kun; 27-03-2020 at 11:11 AM..
Rock-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.