HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

China made Gaming laptop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

China made Gaming laptop

I noticed no one here hoot china made gaming laptops. only care about those branded ones that cost a lot.

I was recommended by my PRC colleague, that they have good and cheap gaming class laptops in CN.
Brands like Hasee ( 神舟), MECHREVO ( 机械革命 ) and ThundeRobot ( 雷神 )
has powerful specs and low low pricing.

Caveats are,
Chinese OS ( which can be changed easily like Xiaomi.
no Thunderbolt 3 for the cheaper ones.
only 1 year Warranty coverage ( but in China).

So anyone here hoot any?
Old 23-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

So... you want to get a laptop that has zero warranty coverage here?

There's a reason for low pricing.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it easily available? What specs for the price with gst?
Old 23-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

Well my prc colleague used for 3 years no issues and I travel to China for work so why not.

@yusoff, u can try aliexpress or joybuy to check for local pricing.

Eg
https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/Hasee.html?channel=direct&keywords=Hasee

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
HeeroYuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #5

So what is the exact pricing like ? in terms of SGD for a decent gaming labtop made in china ? from the brands you have introduced ? Your low pricing is equivalent to less then $2k SGD perhaps ? Not really bothered by the warranty as i don't often utilise them.
JamieChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #6

Chinese OS ( which can be changed easily like Xiaomi.
Xiaomi's Windows cannot do language change from chinese to english/etc

you need a bootable USB with the windows installation ISO, then do like a clean windows format

not to mention you have to buy the english windows license, which depending on your budget may or may not be easy

only 1 year Warranty coverage ( but in China).
That would be a dealbreaker for many already. There's people who would hesitate to buy an export set of a phone with no local warranty let alone an expensive laptop
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #7

Less than sgd 2k for some mid specs. Eg i7 with gtx 1060, 256gb ssd but with only 8gb ram. If need be can still upgrade later.

As for the OS to english, Yeah, may need another license that costs around 100+. Need to see if have another work around.

Yeah warranty is like an insurance liddat for many but how many actually use it ? haha

All these being said, will purchase one to try my next upcoming trip.

See how easy/difficult to change os langauge etc.( I hv a spare ms win 10 home at home)

Last edited by HeeroYuy; 23-07-2018 at 10:02 PM..
HeeroYuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Less than sgd 2k for some mid specs. Eg i7 with gtx 1060, 256gb ssd but with only 8gb ram. If need be can still upgrade later.

As for the OS to english, Yeah, may need another license that costs around 100+. Need to see if have another work around.

Yeah warranty is like an insurance liddat for many but how many actually use it ? haha

All these being said, will purchase one to try my next upcoming trip.

See how easy/difficult to change os langauge etc.( I hv a spare ms win 10 home at home)

Why go so much trouble:
- No warranty
- OS have to buy separate
- You may need a UK plug to use such laptop

Cooling system also a big question whether can it overheat or not.
Cheapest gaming laptop is Dell G3 i5 8th gen, 1050gtx, 256SSD at $1399.
If those china gaming laptop are priced at $2k, it's not worth.

Don't forget about shipping.
Dell G3 or Dell G7 are good choices than these china laptop.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why go so much trouble:
- No warranty
- OS have to buy separate
- You may need a UK plug to use such laptop

Cooling system also a big question whether can it overheat or not.
Cheapest gaming laptop is Dell G3 i5 8th gen, 1050gtx, 256SSD at $1399.
If those china gaming laptop are priced at $2k, it's not worth.

Don't forget about shipping.
Dell G3 or Dell G7 are good choices than these china laptop.
These constraints mentioned prevents them from going mainstream. These are more niche. Would be good to have them launched officially here. Always good to have more choice.

Anyone good to know of what's out there.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #10

err there is the Hasee shield T77E, around $1.3K sgd, take at look at the specs.

Most reviews I found are in Mandarin, some of these companies are used for eSports in China also.

I'm thinking to get one since I'm travelling to China for work and save on shipping and have it delivered to my hotel.
Since I have most of the equipment and software for spares (from old laptop, setups). Why not.
Old 24-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
Great Supremacy Member

Depend wad type of game u wan to play
Old 24-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #12

I'm thinking to get one since I'm travelling to China for work and save on shipping and have it delivered to my hotel.
Since I have most of the equipment and software for spares (from old laptop, setups). Why not.

Sounds like your situation is very specific to yourself, and the circumstances are very favourable to you so its like you already made your own foregone conclusion like, how convenient that the country you travel for work happens to be the same place that these laptops come from, you can even ask them deliver straight to your hotel...

You have to consider the situation of the general consumer and what trade offs they have to face if they wanna get this 'cheaper deal'

That hasee laptop you linked is the same unit as the aftershock MX15 pro, so lets say its 500-600 SGD cheaper than the aftershock equivalent. If factor in shipping cost, lack of warranty, possiblity of needing to get english Win10 license etc... will most general consumers here feel that saving 500 bucks is justified...
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #13

Sounds like your situation is very specific to yourself, and the circumstances are very favourable to you so its like you already made your own foregone conclusion like, how convenient that the country you travel for work happens to be the same place that these laptops come from, you can even ask them deliver straight to your hotel...

You have to consider the situation of the general consumer and what trade offs they have to face if they wanna get this 'cheaper deal'

That hasee laptop you linked is the same unit as the aftershock MX15 pro, so lets say its 500-600 SGD cheaper than the aftershock equivalent. If factor in shipping cost, lack of warranty, possiblity of needing to get english Win10 license etc... will most general consumers here feel that saving 500 bucks is justified...
Neh, I'm just hoping that these gaming laptops will come into SG/gloabal market as they are quite intuitive in designs and quality. Right now, I'm seeing the market dormanants like Asus, Dell etc are charging quite an arm and leg for something you can get a lot cheaper in China. and with these competition, it will then saturate the pricing for us consumers.

And I already mentioned the caveats. I see aliexpress selling it pretty cheap and has free shipping and return policies even free installation of english version for some models.
it's up to the consumer to take that risk.

Anyway thank you for this discussion~
Old 24-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Neh, I'm just hoping that these gaming laptops will come into SG/gloabal market as they are quite intuitive in designs and quality. Right now, I'm seeing the market dormanants like Asus, Dell etc are charging quite an arm and leg for something you can get a lot cheaper in China. and with these competition, it will then saturate the pricing for us consumers.

And I already mentioned the caveats. I see aliexpress selling it pretty cheap and has free shipping and return policies even free installation of english version for some models.
it's up to the consumer to take that risk.

Anyway thank you for this discussion~
I understand where you're coming from, but the prices are so low because of the corners they cut, such as warranty and technical support. My friend with a Xiaomi Laptop had a nightmarish experience with their support, even in China. Like some have said, the warranty is a deal-breaker for most, and your situation is definitely niched.

I have no issues paying more for Dell or Asus, when it means piece of mind should my laptop go wrong. And the lowest priced gaming laptop for Dell or Asus is still reasonably priced.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #15

Oh yeah, Xiaomi new gaming laptop has weird battery drain issues right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.